Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

Cellini Calypso Sofa Fan Club

If I am not wrong he recycle one of his old furniture Glass . And it happen it jus fix nicely. Can read up in his thread

Think I will cut a 12mm red acylic then, only plan to use it as coffee table if i am not getting your sphere.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Think I will cut a 12mm red acylic then, only plan to use it as coffee table if i am not getting your sphere.

but hor acylic will get scratches easily wor

but hor acylic will get scratches easily wor

Ya, but tempered glass too heavy to remove when dun wan. Sigh think I better get a proper coffee table, you came across any nice coffee table during your hunt? Last resort is REd apple

Sorry to intrude on the fan club, but I was wondering what the deal is about this sofa. I mean it looks interesting, but it's not very comfortable.

I tried it in the showroom and kept thinking how much time you send on the sofa when you're at home. Surely one should be buyig something that really rocks and is comfortable rather than something that looks good, but offers little else?

Sorry to intrude on the fan club, but I was wondering what the deal is about this sofa. I mean it looks interesting, but it's not very comfortable.

I tried it in the showroom and kept thinking how much time you send on the sofa when you're at home. Surely one should be buyig something that really rocks and is comfortable rather than something that looks good, but offers little else?

Elfe,

The original sofa by Cierre is actually very comfortable, the Cellini Calypso is inspired by this sofa, it has been scaled down therefore not so comfortable.

You can see the original at www.cierreimbottiti.it, you can also see physical set at Qsquare by Marquis off Upp Paya Lebar, the original sofa is beautiful and comfortable.

Ermm .... the fan club is to share how we "dress up" our sofa , as in different colour selection.

To me.... I am completely alright with the comfort ability of the sofa . I spend maybe around 2-3 hr every week day. Nua-ing there and surf RT with my net book.

So far no one complaint yet . But maybe different pp got different feeling lah .

With a package price of 1999 cellini offer , I would say it’s the best sofa (in term of comfortable or design)

But it’s really value for money :)

Ermm .... the fan club is to share how we "dress up" our sofa , as in different colour selection.

To me.... I am completely alright with the comfort ability of the sofa . I spend maybe around 2-3 hr every week day. Nua-ing there and surf RT with my net book.

So far no one complaint yet . But maybe different pp got different feeling lah .

With a package price of 1999 cellini offer , I would say it’s the best sofa (in term of comfortable or design)

But it’s really value for money :)

I also spend a few hours a day on it if I am watching TV in my living room at night. It may not look that comfortable but it sure is when I'm seated on it! (Well that's for my me and my wife for sure). So comfortable that we can fall asleep on it. Of cos the big cushions have to be placed properly in order to feel comfy. :D

The package price is no doubt the main thing that attracted us to it from the early days some 4 months before we got our flat keys, and I dare to say that it is a very good package with quality stuff that we're paying for. :)

Hi guys n gals,

thanks for the feedback on the sofa.

Usually I hang out on football forums, where a different view usually leads o flaming and unreasonable criticism etc, so it's nice to be able to discuss in a civilized manner.

My idea of a great sofa or couch basically stems from my 6-7 year old Lorenzo. My sister and I hunted sofas for weeks back then and the moment we sat down on our current sofa we knew we had found "it".

3+2+1 cost us 2.8k, but we couldn't say no. Till today we get comments from visitors that it's the most comfortable sofa they've ever sat on.

Dunno how many friends have fallen asleep on it...

Anyway....I went hunting for a sofa last weekend with my wife and to my disappointment Lorenzo doesn't rock nearly as much as they used to.

We checked out Cellini and of course I had to try the Calypso after seeing it repeatedly here, but it just didn't pass my comfort test.

Have to admit it is an eye-catcher though. Sure would get some nice remarks when visitors are over.

About the Cellini packages - they are tempting, but in the end I realized you will get good stuff, but it's not your ideal stuff. As in, the mattress is good, but you actually wanted the slumberland or king koil. the bed frame is nice, but you actually like the teak wood one you saw in the other shop much more...etc etc..

to each their own I suppose. they have god service though and I'd recommend that shop to any new home-owners

Edited by elfettucine

Hi guys n gals,

thanks for the feedback on the sofa.

Usually I hang out on football forums, where a different view usually leads o flaming and unreasonable criticism etc, so it's nice to be able to discuss in a civilized manner.

My idea of a great sofa or couch basically stems from my 6-7 year old Lorenzo. My sister and I hunted sofas for weeks back then and the moment we sat down on our current sofa we knew we had found "it".

3+2+1 cost us 2.8k, but we couldn't say no. Till today we get comments from visitors that it's the most comfortable sofa they've ever sat on.

Dunno how many friends have fallen asleep on it...

Anyway....I went hunting for a sofa last weekend with my wife and to my disappointment Lorenzo doesn't rock nearly as much as they used to.

We checked out Cellini and of course I had to try the Calypso after seeing it repeatedly here, but it just didn't pass my comfort test.

Have to admit it is an eye-catcher though. Sure would get some nice remarks when visitors are over.

About the Cellini packages - they are tempting, but in the end I realized you will get good stuff, but it's not your ideal stuff. As in, the mattress is good, but you actually wanted the slumberland or king koil. the bed frame is nice, but you actually like the teak wood one you saw in the other shop much more...etc etc..

to each their own I suppose. they have god service though and I'd recommend that shop to any new home-owners

To me is the budget, if you got unlimited budget, you can get all the best stuff. If you got budget, I think celini the most wu hua. I went brighton and other shops, 1 simple L shape cost me 1200. 1 bed frame maybe 600, 1 mattress maybe 1000, so easily 2800. Anyway this kind of thing no end, so if you come out with the money and you are happy, why bother.

To me is the budget, if you got unlimited budget, you can get all the best stuff. If you got budget, I think celini the most wu hua. I went brighton and other shops, 1 simple L shape cost me 1200. 1 bed frame maybe 600, 1 mattress maybe 1000, so easily 2800. Anyway this kind of thing no end, so if you come out with the money and you are happy, why bother.

Differet strokes for different folks, I guess, But it doesn't seem fun to "settle"?

I can understand the attraction of a package deal, but only if you like the stuff. If you think "it's just ok", why settle? Just shop around a bit and maybe a bit more money you will find the things you really like.

Anyway, I'm kind of envious that there are homeowners out there who like the stuff in the packaged deals, I know my life would be easier if i did. and I wouldn't need to spend hours trying out different products.... but that's me. I need to know when I buy that I really like the product and have compared it to other products of different price categories.

Different strokes, for different folks..

Differet strokes for different folks, I guess, But it doesn't seem fun to "settle"?

I can understand the attraction of a package deal, but only if you like the stuff. If you think "it's just ok", why settle? Just shop around a bit and maybe a bit more money you will find the things you really like.

Anyway, I'm kind of envious that there are homeowners out there who like the stuff in the packaged deals, I know my life would be easier if i did. and I wouldn't need to spend hours trying out different products.... but that's me. I need to know when I buy that I really like the product and have compared it to other products of different price categories.

Yes different strokes for different folks, if can find something you like within your budget, it is really the best situation. But some out here I would say "Penny wise, pound foolish" walk the whole Singapore save a bit some $. Did they consider the time and effort involved? It add up to more than the cost of buying from the 1st shop.

I also spend a few hours a day on it if I am watching TV in my living room at night. It may not look that comfortable but it sure is when I'm seated on it! (Well that's for my me and my wife for sure). So comfortable that we can fall asleep on it. Of cos the big cushions have to be placed properly in order to feel comfy. :D

The package price is no doubt the main thing that attracted us to it from the early days some 4 months before we got our flat keys, and I dare to say that it is a very good package with quality stuff that we're paying for. :)

ha Rachel was sleeping on the sofa now when I am reading yr post. We watching kang xi with my netbook and me multi task by surfing with her phone.

can change the item in the package.

I dun like the coffee table and console that come with it. I feel that it's too zen. However I really love the console that I change in the end. It fix jus right for me as I need a partition and it's a console that can be use as a partition.

As for the bed, i dun like the initial colour so I change lor. To something that suit my mbr theme.

Sofa wise , I already love it when I visit IFC 6 month b4 I bought my house . And already prepare to spend 1.6k for it .... So this package really suit me . In fact I order this package even b4 my 1st appointment :)