Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

My Dream House :)

a important notice to employers of domestic maid;

BECAUSE i am so busy with my reno, I forget to renew my maid work permit! suppose to due in mid dec.

yesterday i recd a letter from MOM demanding $5K security bond (as i failed to repatriate my worker since WP had expired)

this is the first time i m renewing my maid work permit... by right, according to MOM, i should receive a renewal notice. but i didn't!

not only security bond, I have to pay another $300 overstay fine in order to renew my maid's work permit...

sooo, if u have a maid, please don't ever forget to renew the work permit!!!!

my first 'ang bao' in year 2010... all my 'suayness' bcus of AS..!!

i know this may be abit off topic, mod: if u think not right, pls do remove..

Edited by seashell

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just to share my experience with Hafary.

I have purchased the tiles as shown in the picture from Hafary

If you can see, it is a mock up of a toilet. The sales girl told me it is very nice to use in toilets are the floor is not slippery at all. I was convinced and bought it.

Problem 1 for the Maroon manhatten tiles

STAIN... it cannot tolerate any dust. it will fill up the hole gaps in the tiles and u need to use a chemical to wash it.

when i first approached Hafary on this issue, they ask me, why did i use it for toilet? the staff insisted this tile is not SUITABLE FOR toilet!! i was shocked!! they claimed that it is NOT SUITABLE for wet area especially toilet and it will be a HIGH MAINTENACE tile for me...

frustrated, i asked them, when then they do a mock up of a toilet in their showroom in defu? then they give me excuses saying that it is for people who can afford HIGH MAINTENACE... but still, it is not for toilet..

i was like..???!!!! initially they even wanted me to pay for the cleaning of tiles. in the end, they did the cleaning for me. luckily, most of the stains were removed.

BUT, the cleaner give me another shock!! he told me, this cleaner he is using, can only clean dust stains. if it is soap/shampoo stains, it cannot be removed! OMG! he says i must wash the toilet with clean water each time after bath!! i must make sure no shampoo or soap residue!!

n to make it worst, the sales person told me, the management of hafary questioned her why we are not the ONE who is PAYING for the cleaning. n she said, if management decided not to pay, she is going to pay for it. it cost $100 to wash 1 toilet.

The after sales service is very poor and disappointing!!

Problem 2 for the resort style tiles

I have tried to clean it several times, but the stains just won't go away.. those dust stains... told them about it, their reply was: NO WAY they are going to clean for me. NO WAY. i got to pay myself...

So, please, if you are going to Hafary to select your tiles, please, please, choose carefully!! I am going to live with my tiles problem forever!!

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

This is the actual photo taken from the tile shop. Glimpse of the glittering effect:

DSC01012.JPGDSC01011.JPG

My Master room layout also taken from the tile shop:

DSC01014.JPGDSC01013.JPG

Edited by seashell

seashell, i still can't contact ms tiang or her office. this contractor is scary :D

and what tiles did you get? can take pic of your tile and the stain?

the floor tile of this pic looks like my toilet wall tile but my wall tile is 300x600 :o

DSC01013.JPG

Edited by ossify

seashell,why not u write in to them and tell them directly,u are in between shigting house thats why u over-look?see if they can waive part of the fees for u or not.

Sometime it works!

5000 is alot lei! :unsure:

hi bro rondy

yes i will appeal n hope i can get it waived...

when one is down on luck..

haiz...

seashell, i still can't contact ms tiang or her office. this contractor is scary :D

and what tiles did you get? can take pic of your tile and the stain?

the floor tile of this pic looks like my toilet wall tile but my wall tile is 300x600 :o

DSC01013.JPG

hi

ms tiang is sooo busy... i jus meet her yesterday night to install the remaining grilles..

another forumer fini also gotten her to install the bi-fold doors..

u wanna find her to do door?

my tile code no is 8161.. :)

Edited by seashell

hi

ms tiang is sooo busy... i jus meet her yesterday night to install the remaining grilles..

btw does miss tiang do paint job n gate installations bro?

hi

i call her, sms her, no response one.

i give up liao :D

slding glass door @ kitchen

slidingglass.jpg

Seashell, ask you a question. your kitchen sliding glass door, in between the 1st and 2nd panel got gap? (should have gap due to the tracks right?) and if there is gap, how u solve the problem of the grease/smoke escaping during cookin? =D

Hope to hear from ya soon~

a important notice to employers of domestic maid;

BECAUSE i am so busy with my reno, I forget to renew my maid work permit! suppose to due in mid dec.

yesterday i recd a letter from MOM demanding $5K security bond (as i failed to repatriate my worker since WP had expired)

this is the first time i m renewing my maid work permit... by right, according to MOM, i should receive a renewal notice. but i didn't!

not only security bond, I have to pay another $300 overstay fine in order to renew my maid's work permit...

sooo, if u have a maid, please don't ever forget to renew the work permit!!!!

my first 'ang bao' in year 2010... all my 'suayness' bcus of AS..!!

i know this may be abit off topic, mod: if u think not right, pls do remove..

I forgot to pay a lot of my bills also during this period of reno. Late payment and such for credit card bills etc... call them, give reason and got them waived.

Your $300 fine... did they waive it? Maybe they give chance....

Edited by gantan88

hi!

my sofa is coming in this sunday (10 JAN), i pray hard everything will go tru smoothly.. eg. no cracks on sofa...

hows ur reno? everything ok? :)

hey..how was the delivery? mine is scheduled for the 24th of jan.

reno has been smooth until the end stage. sigh..we discovered white patches on our black kitchen tiles. initially thought it was paint..so we called our contractor and he sent down the painter to come and clean it but to no avail. contractor will go down tomorrow to see what it is and what can be done. i feel so disheartened.. :( our shower screen and glass mbr toilet door was supposed to be delivered on thursday..it came but it couldn't be fixed cos they had measured the sizes wrongly! so again they will have to redo it and these items will come by next saturday. i don't mind so much abt the shower screen and mbr glass door. it's just the kitchen tiles! i don't think i'll be able to live with the faint white patches.

hi!

the fear, agony, tears and sweat that accompanied me for the past 6 months is finally over...

sorry for late replies... was taking a good break after all the nightmares... didn't want to do anything but to enjoy my house... haha... :P

will post some pictures later!!

btw does miss tiang do paint job n gate installations bro?

hi

yes i think they do gate installations :)