Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

My Dream House :)

my kind carpenter Ah Ho removed my damaged granite top for me. best of all, it is almost without damage to my existing kitchen cabinet! the granite company that i am engaging have no confidence to remove the granite w/o damaging the cabinet... but Ah Ho did it!

(Note: The brown and black patches on the wood are actually the glue stains)

DSC03807.JPG

DSC03806.JPG

DSC03808.JPG

Edited by seashell

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi coffee,

is ah tan still at your place? his worker say he is not free to finish up the remaining stuff...

duno is it me bad luck all the way :( his worker blew up my ceiling fan ;(... this is what happens:

he connect and fix up the fan. the moment he on the switch, there is a loud explode sound and a white lighting strike around the fan, then my electricity tripped. the worker then insists it is the fan problem. he dismantled the remote control gadget on the fan and there is a burnt smell already.

haiz :( i ask the elmark people, they all insists it is the electrician who connect the cables wrongly... anyone can advise on this?

actually before this, he already blew up 2 other items .. :(

i need electrician to come back to fix up about 5 - 8 sockets, fix the aircon wiring only. but i am afraid if i engage new people, they duno how the wiring is done. as of now, he dun even remember where he place the aircon wiring (as i have it boxed up). there is already 2 big ugly holes cut out to find the aircon wiring...BUT, still CANNOT FIND. *DEEP SIGH*

i am suay suay suay all the way... but AT LEAST i hope all my suay will let others aware of such issues and can avoid it...hope ah tan can find someone to fix me issues soon. it is like a one hour job only...

your electrician can blow up so many things..... got permit or not? electricians must be trained...

Ah Ho said, 这样打坏,真的很可惜!

when the granite was broken into pieces.. my heart was broken too...

words can't tell u how sad this can be.. not just the money.. it's the effort and the process of getting it done, so tough... but in the end, still got to dismantle it... haiz...

DSC_0116.jpg

SC_0118.jpg

your electrician can blow up so many things..... got permit or not? electricians must be trained...

i never ask but he said before working for ah tan, he was working for the sub cons in IR marina.. but wasn't paid for 4mths and the company closed down...

i guess if he wasn't skilled enuff, he can't be working in IR right... do correct me if i m wrong...

this is where my yorky sleeps and stay in for the past 6 months, a 2ft (60cm) dog cage. No choice really no place for a bigger cage for her.

she is badly groomed and very restless everyday. i got no time to walk her.. she is so used to be in the cage that when i release her out of the cage, she is scared to walk on the floor!...

she keep using her sad sad eyes to look at me that makes me feel so bad :(

i guess only dog lovers will understand what i m saying..

DSC_0126.jpg

Edited by seashell

this is where my yorky sleeps and stay in for the past 6 months, a 2ft (60cm) dog cage. No choice really no place for a bigger cage for her.

she is badly groomed and very restless everyday. i got no time to walk her.. she is so used to be in the cage that when i release her out of the cage, she is scared to walk on the floor!...

she keep using her sad sad eyes to look at me that makes me feel so bad :(

i guess only dog lovers will understand what i m saying..

DSC_0126.jpg

Arhh... I can understand your heart pain and heart aches.. basically the whole family suffered under the hands of AH soon, thanks to him.. even the dog are not spares.

Got to really compensate your yorky once the reno is complete and built up her confidence.

Seems, like it has been bad luck, 1 after another... Seriously hope that the New year will be a Great turn for you and your family, so everything will be smooth sailing

Feelings--

my mum seeing me in despair, agony, frustrations for the past 6 mths, said this to me:

钱能解决的问题,不是问题。

钱不能解决的问题,才是问题。

那,什么才是文题?

没了健康,钱都买不回来的健康。。。

it somehow strucK me... my mum is full of illness.. diabetes, hbp, stroke, amputated legs, eyes almost half blind... her life is not easy everyday have to inject 3 times of insulin....to her, if money can solve the problem, it isn't really a problem. just go find money to do it. but if one losses it's health that money can't even buy back .. is it worth it..?

during one of the quarrels with ah soon, i feel so dizzy and almost fainted... at that point, i am so scared that i will just faint away... first time in my life, i feel lost of control...

it makes me realize, life, we are in control in most of the things, except health... it can struck us anytime...but at least, i still can say, i am in control of things now...

yes i am angry, i am so angry with ah soon for causing me so much miseries...i hate him so much that the money that he caused me to lose, i could buy alot of medications for my mum... !!

but i also know he isn't any better than anyone one of us, chasing, cursing, scolding him everyday... he used to be loved by houseowners n now seeing him is like seeing ghost... am i softhearted to feel this way? i always think that no matter how bad a person is, one would still have feelings...

i hope my reno will end real soon and move on with my life, there's still many things awaiting to greet us ahead of our lives... good or bad... ( i hope all good lah)...

if u ask me what i wanna do now, i really REALLY REALLY want to finish my reno, take a small break and enjoy my house...

(Then chase back my money!!)

Edited by seashell

have been listening to the radio.. always came across this song by beatles, 'Let it be'...

didn't really enjoy this song like now. didn't really understand the song until one late night resting in the car, thinking about my reno....

as the problems has really been up to my neck..me n hubby really SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired...... that u just want to 'LET IT BE'... n go find money, solve it, move on, move on.... i guess ah sooners who have reached my stage will know the feeling of 'LET IT BE'...

I dedicate to all ah sooners...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBPFvp750sc

seashell,

U are making me :~ now, reading what u just post... hope yr mum is feeling ok... I am very closed to my mum also.

** hugs hugs ** things will turn out well very soon.. God will have his way to help u n family :)

seashell,

U are making me :~ now, reading what u just post... hope yr mum is feeling ok... I am very closed to my mum also.

** hugs hugs ** things will turn out well very soon.. God will have his way to help u n family :)

i was also in tears when i wrote that... :~

thanks for your well wishes...!

i was also in tears when i wrote that... :~

thanks for your well wishes...!

seashell, life is full of ups and downs, be brave and you shall emerge stronger...cheer up... :)

Seashell,

Stay positive k. :).

It is hard to always stay positive but try. Life is always full of ups and downs. I always believe when one is down in luck, u are just round the corner where things will change for the better. :)

After the rain, the rainbow appears.

hope your reno will complete soon...what your mom said is correct, try to take things easy even though I know it is easier to be said than to be done...but if you continue to be this stressed and angry, soon your health will be affected also...

think on the bright side, at least now you have a trustworthy carpenter (ah ho) who can work with you?

And yea maybe should get some feng shui consultation to see if anything can be done to improve your luck...but depends on whether you believe in it or not la...