Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ynove

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Thinking of adding an aircon unit for my living room. The flat has an existing system 3.

What brand would you guys recommend for air-con?

Not sure if I should replace the existing 3 air con units in master-bedroom and 2 common rooms. The resale flat is about 7 years old already, which means the air con is just as old.

Should I get more mileage out of the existing air con units, which are still working well?

Or should I get them all changed now during my reno, so that I save the hassle after I've moved in, for the years ahead?

For my case, the resale I bought was 8years old, so I guess the 3 aircons oso sama sama age bah.

We also installed aircon in our living room. We actually got rid of the aircons and change a system 4 one.

We opted to change cos din want to have any problem with the old aircon after moving in, cos it can be quite messy.

Also, aircon life span also not very long, probably in another year or 2 the old aircons might give alot of problems, so we might as well change it once and for all.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yeah, need to consider this too. System 4 can support the living room aircon too? Is it too taxing on the compressor?

For my case, the resale I bought was 8years old, so I guess the 3 aircons oso sama sama age bah.

We also installed aircon in our living room. We actually got rid of the aircons and change a system 4 one.

We opted to change cos din want to have any problem with the old aircon after moving in, cos it can be quite messy.

Also, aircon life span also not very long, probably in another year or 2 the old aircons might give alot of problems, so we might as well change it once and for all.

wow, nice place you got there! the living room looks cozy. Do you intend to keep the "look" or theme? Your reno should be very minimal. congrats!

no, the old owners are not show-offs.

actually, i like the simple design of the flat, so that's ok :)

hmmm is the old owner one of those show off wannabe type

anyway design quite boring

im sure yours will be better

hi zapped

thanks, yeah i like the simple, cosy look of the place. minimal reno, yes :)

wow, nice place you got there! the living room looks cozy. Do you intend to keep the "look" or theme? Your reno should be very minimal. congrats!

hope its not too late to welcome u ynove!

wow all SK people.

me shd be considered SK people as well cos mine's at Fernvale.

but i always say Yio Chu Kang/Jalan Kayu :D

tell people SK they always lost lei.

been staying here for one month

but still very suaku abt this area!!!

hehe... we shd all get together one fine day ;)

Yeah, need to consider this too. System 4 can support the living room aircon too? Is it too taxing on the compressor?

erm...taxing anot ah....the one in the living room will not be on often, unless there's a gathering at our place.

then the other 3 rooms will not be on. so i guess wont be too taxing bah.

but i know most pple will recommend 3+1 instead of 4.

we personally feel that living room will not be used often, so din bother to have an extra compressor just for the living room lor.

Hi ynove!

Welcome another Sengkang neighbour! :D

Me also from Sengkang but of Fernvale area. Like what newnyew said, people are always lost until I tell them my place's near Jalan Kayu! :P

On aircons, my flat's installed with system 3 + system 1 so you may wanna consider a system 3 for the bedrooms and a higher BTU system 1 for the living room since it's big! Your flat layout looks good for running minimal piping.

yo tua eh, u also come liao!

hehe...

seriously hor, after installing my 22k BTU in the living, i felt abit wasted.

cos my side always very windy.. haiz... shd have spent my $2k elsewhere...

hehe...

Yes, Tuababy is here too! :D

Well, there are a few months each year that are very hot and humid... that is when that aircon comes in really handy. Also when there are guests too!

hehe...

I agree with new, IMHO no pt fixing aircon in living area le cos seriously how often do you switch on your living rm aircon ?

Moreover electricity fees not cheap leh recently oil just increased, be prepared for another increment soon :curse:

you on living rm aircon, your wallet will start to bleed slowly le :deal:

I guess fixing a ceiling fan would be a better choice ;)

Like what new said, spend your $$ elsewhere like on some furnishings or something would be more money well spent

Hi SK neighbours!

Quite a few of you around... i have friends living in Fernvale, so I know where that is.

In fact, cos i'm in Anchorvale, it's a straight LRT train to Fernvale :)

new, that's a good idea - we should meet up sometime!

About the aircon, my flat is not very windy. 3rd floor only. And we're used to having the option of an aircon in the living room. We may not always turn it on. Mostly it's when guests visit, or during the superhot months. I can't really take heat very well. Cold, I can take.

But these few weeks it's been pretty cool. Have not switched on aircon at home. I'm currently living in Anchorvale, actually, so already am a SK-ian. :)

seriously hor, i stayed in Fernvale for almost one month liao

i havent try to take the LRT. never take before.

my gf tried to come last week, n got lost on the LRT. she said she kept going in rounds.

dunno wat she mean. haha... said diff timing goes diff sides..

hopefully dun need to take at all! get my man to drive can liao :D

oh ya, i also can take cold but not heat!!

Edited by newnyew

seriously hor, i stayed in Fernvale for almost one month liao

i havent try to take the LRT. never take before.

my gf tried to come last week, n got lost on the LRT. she said she kept going in rounds.

dunno wat she mean. haha... said diff timing goes diff sides..

hopefully dun need to take at all! get my man to drive can liao :D

oh ya, i also can take cold but not heat!!

Me also but if really cannot tahan the hot hor, I will just on my aircon in MBR and hide in there lor hahaha :P

the reason why I din install aircon in my living rm cos seriously how often do guest come to your place ?

so since only me and my wife most of the time, if hot just on the aircon in the MBR lor hehehe :D

Staying in SK for more than 10 years liao

Stayed in Anchorvale 1st before shifting to compassvale therefore I know exactly where fernvale is

LRT got different timing and different line so if you took the wrong one you will be gg in circles and wont reach fernvale at all hahahaha :P

In fact my new tampines home is the 1st home outside of hougang - SK area leh been ard HG - SK for whole of my life le

Edited by coffee_o