Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ynove

Home Is Where The Heart Is

LRT got different timing and different line so if you took the wrong one you will be gg in circles and wont reach fernvale at all hahahaha :P

why so stupid one huh? but sure got notice to let people know right?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
why so stupid one huh? but sure got notice to let people know right?

yes sure have de

got pro and con lah cos if really go 1 big round in 1 direction what if your stop is the last one b4 central then everyday you goes home you will have to take 1 big rd leh thats why they split lor

just that it's abit confusing for the aunties and uncle lor and those who seldom comes to SK area

new, why dun you try take once and explore abit of your neighbourhood ? else ppl ask you abt SK you also dunno leh hahahaha

THAT far meh? I guess depends on which estate you're in. My friend stays just next to the LRT station.

haiya, me also lazy to walk to the fernvale lrt lei. so far!

Ya lah, actually we expect guests to come over quite often. Long story short, we've got big families and lots of friends :)

But the aircon is to tahan the really hot months.

Me also but if really cannot tahan the hot hor, I will just on my aircon in MBR and hide in there lor hahaha :P

the reason why I din install aircon in my living rm cos seriously how often do guest come to your place ?

so since only me and my wife most of the time, if hot just on the aircon in the MBR lor hehehe :D

Ya lah, actually we expect guests to come over quite often. Long story short, we've got big families and lots of friends :)

But the aircon is to tahan the really hot months.

Ooo....okie, if you really need to entertain guests quite often I would think that it's worthwhile to fix an aircon in your living room

Cos for me hor, if I fix it, it will become a white elephant leh since I will most likely use it a couple of times a yr nia :P

OK, now we're considering whether or not to

1) get ceiling fan for living room - to be practical or to be eye-pleasing, that is the question. I have a false ceiling and downlights at the side.

2) get air ventilation fan for MBR toilet, cos walk in wardrobe leads to toilet door. concerned about moisture.

Any of you got any of the above? how much does it cost for the fan and installation?

My quote from KDK is pretty sky-high -

1. Living Ceiling Fan - should open the ceiling and install @ real ceiling ... should be Z60WS $488 + $120 + GST

2. Window mounted exhaust fan - 15WHPA from $350.00 + GST

2. Window mounted exhaust fan - 15WHPA from $350.00 + GST

Hi ynove, I don't have my receipt with my now, I have the 15WHPA but its definitely not so expensive. I bought it at a home fair where they had a promotion. Should be around $120? What happened was that when I called them though their website listed phone no. and asked them where to purchase one, the friendly staff told me not to buy first and wait for the fair.

Are you only considering KDK ceiling fans and no other brands?

hi ynove, for the ventilation fan, I was quoted the same as you.

SilverBullet, $120 is the cost of the fan itself. but 350 is inclusive of the installation.

Initially we wanted to get from KDk too. but the installation cost is MORE than that of the fan.

So we've decided to try it out w/o the ventialtion fan and see if there's really a need when we move in next mth.

OK, now we're considering whether or not to

1) get ceiling fan for living room - to be practical or to be eye-pleasing, that is the question. I have a false ceiling and downlights at the side.

2) get air ventilation fan for MBR toilet, cos walk in wardrobe leads to toilet door. concerned about moisture.

Any of you got any of the above? how much does it cost for the fan and installation?

we have both :P

1. toyed with installing aircon in the living room too, but our unit is an old one - the compressor has to be installed outside the house on steel brackets - so one compressor to service all 3 rooms + living room would render it pretty useless; would not be strong enuff; also, BTU needed to cool living room would be too large; not practical too. have u confirmed ur aircon installer? get them to calculate the BTU needed to cool the living room based on the floor area, and they can advise if its practical. since cannot install aircon, fan will do. its doing a pretty good job so far... the fan is mounted on the original ceiling - we have L-box with downlights @ the side. asthetically, its pretty enuff.

2. cannot remember the model of the KDK ventilation fan we got for both toilets, but according to the salesperson, its the smallest one in the mkt, and suited for HDB flats - i think we got it for $50? must check the invoice on that. our ID helped us to fabricate the window panel so tt the ventilation fan could be mounted onto it; just buy the fan, and get ur window contractor to do it for u - saves u the installation! just remind ur electricians to add the switch for the ventilation fan.

think we have pics of both the ceiling fan and ventilation fan on our t-blog; u can go take a look :)

Edited by beany0811

So you just bought your fan yourself and got your window contractor + electrician to hook it up for you? That would save up on the installation, but would take a bit of coordination on our part. We're thinking of not getting even a contractor and coordinating it ourselves.

Thanks!

2. cannot remember the model of the KDK ventilation fan we got for both toilets, but according to the salesperson, its the smallest one in the mkt, and suited for HDB flats - i think we got it for $50? must check the invoice on that. our ID helped us to fabricate the window panel so tt the ventilation fan could be mounted onto it; just buy the fan, and get ur window contractor to do it for u - saves u the installation! just remind ur electricians to add the switch for the ventilation fan.

think we have pics of both the ceiling fan and ventilation fan on our t-blog; u can go take a look :)

I finally remembered that I owe you a quote for my bathroom solid top and mirror.

My soild top is 5ft @ $400 and my mirror whole piece is $300.

Ynove, I see. I back tracked your thread & saw the things u wanted to do. IMO, it's better to get a contractor to help in some things, because it may be really difficut to coordinate. No harm getting a quote. Some things u can do independently, like painting, etc (will take closer look at ur list again cos I'm using hp.)

If I'm not wrong, $350 for 15whpa is for the fancy glass design mounted in front of your bathroom window, w/o need to replace or remove existing window. If i'm not wrong, they help you with electrical wiring too that's why. You can bring design to contractor to ask for similar design quote. But if the fan sells for $120 (I'm still not sure), it's $230 for glass, wiring & installation. Probably contractor can do a little cheaper. :)

So you just bought your fan yourself and got your window contractor + electrician to hook it up for you? That would save up on the installation, but would take a bit of coordination on our part. We're thinking of not getting even a contractor and coordinating it ourselves.

Thanks!

yeah... just passed the fan to the ID. he coordinated everything. we were charged additional for the ventilation fan point tho... $60 bucks for each point. Our fan model is 15WUD? its the 6" model. at least tt's what written on the invoice - $50 bucks each.

Edited by beany0811