Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

My kitchen door has been shifted to the corner mah. So where u put ur WM, i have my fridge, and got a space for a cabinet too. The wall where u gg to have ur fridge & oven is an empty wall in my kitchen. We put a little table and 2 stools there. :) When I bake, I'll put my laptop there. Can sit & read the ingredients or wait for the stuff to bake. At nite, we'll sometimes sit there to drink & chat loh. hahah

Plus & minus lar. U got ur 40cm tall cabinet. :P

Actually I wanted to put my fridge at the place where my WM/dryer is but FSM says cannot :~ so bo pian my fridge will have to eat into my cabinet lor and being a person who loves side by side fridge, my cabinet becomes smaller :(

Dun say anymore you making me sad everytime u post :~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Actually I wanted to put my fridge at the place where my WM/dryer is but FSM says cannot :~ so bo pian my fridge will have to eat into my cabinet lor and being a person who loves side by side fridge, my cabinet becomes smaller :(

Dun say anymore you making me sad everytime u post :~

Haiz.. That's the pblm wif engaging an FSM. There will be some stuff that doesn't fit wat u would like to do. :(

Haiz.. That's the pblm wif engaging an FSM. There will be some stuff that doesn't fit wat u would like to do. :(

Ya lor sianz :( screw up my kitchen hahahaha :P

Haha, I think urs still ok liao. There are others with FSM reports much worse than urs. :D

Oh thats cos I did not fully follow his advice mah else i think my 1st floor is bedroom and 2nd floor is kitchen and living area le

Wahahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Oh thats cos I did not fully follow his advice mah else i think my 1st floor is bedroom and 2nd floor is kitchen and living area le

Wahahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Haha tat will be weird~

Angel your request :)

this is what New designed for my pathetic small kitchen

4309767641_6b37a06921.jpg

Morning Kopi,

Saw your kitchen design. Look nice and modern. Hee.. I also have the same feeling as Angel, like not enough top. Have you allocated some space for those rice cooker, electrical flask etc? All these usually take up the top space.

Another thing that I noticed was, your fridge is a side-by-side fridge. So one side open to block the sink and the other side open to block the oven... ummm.. abit inconvenient and make the working space in the kitchen even more constraint. And if taking heavy / bulky stuff out from the fridge, is there top available to put it down without closing the fridge doors?

I don't know if the fridge door at the oven side will knock into oven door if the oven door is left open for cooling. You might want to check it to confirm.

Er.. personally, I think really abit short of top space. You might want to look into alternate top space like having another table at the side, fold down table etc.

Morning Kopi,

Saw your kitchen design. Look nice and modern. Hee.. I also have the same feeling as Angel, like not enough top. Have you allocated some space for those rice cooker, electrical flask etc? All these usually take up the top space.

Another thing that I noticed was, your fridge is a side-by-side fridge. So one side open to block the sink and the other side open to block the oven... ummm.. abit inconvenient and make the working space in the kitchen even more constraint. And if taking heavy / bulky stuff out from the fridge, is there top available to put it down without closing the fridge doors?

I don't know if the fridge door at the oven side will knock into oven door if the oven door is left open for cooling. You might want to check it to confirm.

Er.. personally, I think really abit short of top space. You might want to look into alternate top space like having another table at the side, fold down table etc.

Hi Rasp yes I'm aware that there is seriously not enough work top and I shouldn't have listened to FSM for the layout :(

Anyway what I intend to do is perhaps get something like this to compensate the limited space for worktop :(

Morning Kopi,

Hee, think rice cooker can be kept in the cabinets, since kopi's family does not cook regularly. But yeah, water flasks will take up space. And if not planned properly guests/pple who want to take a drink will hinder the chef.

Hi Rasp yes I'm aware that there is seriously not enough work top and I shouldn't have listened to FSM for the layout :(

Anyway what I intend to do is perhaps get something like this to compensate the limited space for worktop :(

Hmm, how about getting a foldable table instead? Where u can fold and hide when not in use? U'll need space to "park" this movable island, which currently seems limited for ur side. The only place I can think of is next to ur rubbish chute. :)

Hee.. this trolley looks good. I think we saw some white marble top look-alike trolley ones at causeway point previously (sorry, forgot the shop name, its a furniture shop at the swenson's side). You may want to consider those also since your laminates are glossy white ones.

By the way, I suddenly recall seeing a pull-out top at one of the forumer's kitchen. Quite nice and useful. I almost wanted to do it. Its a drawer which allow you to pull out around 2 times the depth but it doesn't have 'legs' to the floor. The owners bought the mechanism and asked their carpenter to install. Good for those with top constraint. You might want to check with your carpenter about this. I think the left-most top drawer look like a good spot to put this mechanism. :)

Hee.. this trolley looks good. I think we saw some white marble top look-alike trolley ones at causeway point previously (sorry, forgot the shop name, its a furniture shop at the swenson's side). You may want to consider those also since your laminates are glossy white ones.

By the way, I suddenly recall seeing a pull-out top at one of the forumer's kitchen. Quite nice and useful. I almost wanted to do it. Its a drawer which allow you to pull out around 2 times the depth but it doesn't have 'legs' to the floor. The owners bought the mechanism and asked their carpenter to install. Good for those with top constraint. You might want to check with your carpenter about this. I think the left-most top drawer look like a good spot to put this mechanism. :)

Actually I have thought of that, in fact my has that but what I fear is that with that slide out table top, it will be difficult to store any stuff below the table thus wasting further cabinet space :( and also since it doesnt have any "legs" to support it, I fear that it's not sturdy enough to put heavy stuff thus I have decided to get the trolley thingy as I can wheel it ard hahahahaha :P

MEDISAVE contribution is set to go up to so that Singaporeans will have enough money to pay for long term nursing care should they need it.Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan said on Thursday that the current contribution rate of 6.5 to 9 per cent does not build up enough reserves to pay for both big medical bills and long-term care.

Maximum CPF contribution by employee + employer is 34.5% only. Unless employers' contribution is upped from the current 14.5%, the increase will come from our Ordinary Account. That means we will have lesser money to pay for housing when housing price keeps rising. :o

It is like trying to kill the employee or the employer. Which ever party being chosen, it is going to greatly affect their survival.

onion78.gifonion87.gif

Hee, think rice cooker can be kept in the cabinets, since kopi's family does not cook regularly. But yeah, water flasks will take up space. And if not planned properly guests/pple who want to take a drink will hinder the chef.

Morning Angel! I think maybe Kopi can buy a fridge with water dispenser. Or water for drinking from the tap directly. Don't need to have space for water flasks then. Hee.

Morning Angel! I think maybe Kopi can buy a fridge with water dispenser. Or water for drinking from the tap directly. Don't need to have space for water flasks then. Hee.

Afternoon Mickey M :D Wah not bad arh, u think of everything for kopi and can b his spokesperson le! :thumbs up: Hee, I cannot dun boil water to drink one, maybe that's why I was wondering abt where to put the water flasks. :P

Haiz, tat's the pblm with HDB.. Kitchen small small. :(

Edited by Angel81