Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
homelover

Any Comment Plush Living

I had RFQ from 5 diff ID and waiting for Quote over the weekend, during the wait i was at SG Expo and met Ying Ying from PL. Well so i just did a RFQ and the respond was quick 2nd day Quote is in my email. 1st Quote is one of the lowest (someone else is lower), but as mention from some bro/Sis here can feel that Ying Ying is new but very sincere in doing biz. and after some discussion over the phone finally decided to invite her to my new home for a look for a more accurate quote. 2 days later final quote is out and was quite reasonable, but given my pesonal style i do not give in without a fight. hahahahahahahaha

so going to meet up with her for a final Show down in her office tonight. By the way i do not know if all ID work late, but for Ying Ying time if flexible.

Anyway have anyone deal with her for you home project?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my ID was Dylan as mentioned in my previous message.

The bad point of this ID was that he was always late for appt, it can be as long as an hour +

And he does not reply to SMS. He can still be late even though I SMS him to remind him of the appt. However, my hb still can accept it.

He didnt take down the code when choosing the laminates for the cabinets. In the end, we had to choose again when my hb & I were having a busy schedule.

During the reno, he was supposed to finish our work within four days, just before Vesak Day so that we can start cleaning up during the long weekend.

However, the work was not done up as schedule and will be delayed to Sat. Its really left with minor work...just touch up of my study room & installation of the toilet bowl & basin. Yet he can call on Wed night to tell me that his workers are on leave on Sat...His schedule was delayed TWICE. Hence I didn't really clean up the place as it will be dirty again due to the touch up. So we took leave on Wed for them to do a 2hrs job. However, its still not complete...cos they need to do acid washing for the toilet...So our Sat morning is ruined again....

It was delayed for the 3rd time. Completion date from May 27 to May 29 to Jun 2 to Jun 5.

We are still able to "swallow" this kind of delay. What I can't take it is WE cut ourselves during the cleanup cos of the Neligience of his workers.

I called him up this morning and he didnt even apologise to us.

They actually screwed the screw to the plank of wood. The scew was longer than the thickness of the wooden plank. This was something like a book shelf "hanging" to the wall..As its higher than us, so my hb just cleaned it without stepping on the stool & cut his hand while cleaning it and was bleeding.

I didnt call Dylan up immediately as its a Sunday. There is not apologetic tone at all when I told him what happened this morning.

Wah.. sounds bad... Now i am getting abit worried.... but now start to worried also no point cause i already sign with PL *Darren*....

my ID was Dylan as mentioned in my previous message.

The bad point of this ID was that he was always late for appt, it can be as long as an hour +

And he does not reply to SMS. He can still be late even though I SMS him to remind him of the appt. However, my hb still can accept it.

He didnt take down the code when choosing the laminates for the cabinets. In the end, we had to choose again when my hb & I were having a busy schedule.

During the reno, he was supposed to finish our work within four days, just before Vesak Day so that we can start cleaning up during the long weekend.

However, the work was not done up as schedule and will be delayed to Sat. Its really left with minor work...just touch up of my study room & installation of the toilet bowl & basin. Yet he can call on Wed night to tell me that his workers are on leave on Sat...His schedule was delayed TWICE. Hence I didn't really clean up the place as it will be dirty again due to the touch up. So we took leave on Wed for them to do a 2hrs job. However, its still not complete...cos they need to do acid washing for the toilet...So our Sat morning is ruined again....

It was delayed for the 3rd time. Completion date from May 27 to May 29 to Jun 2 to Jun 5.

We are still able to "swallow" this kind of delay. What I can't take it is WE cut ourselves during the cleanup cos of the Neligience of his workers.

I called him up this morning and he didnt even apologise to us.

They actually screwed the screw to the plank of wood. The scew was longer than the thickness of the wooden plank. This was something like a book shelf "hanging" to the wall..As its higher than us, so my hb just cleaned it without stepping on the stool & cut his hand while cleaning it and was bleeding.

I didnt call Dylan up immediately as its a Sunday. There is not apologetic tone at all when I told him what happened this morning.

Hmmm miss this one out, guess will have to ask my ID to put in a additional condition on the completions.... 5% for every day delay. wahahahahahahaha

but seriously this kind of attitude is really unacceptable. Given me, i bet you to my last dollar that i will go down to the office over the weekend and wait for them to have some customer in there and go in and make a big issue to chase away the customer to teach them a lesson. Did the same thing to my SE from C&C when they give me a Scratched Rim when i collect my car.

I had RFQ from 5 diff ID and waiting for Quote over the weekend, during the wait i was at SG Expo and met Ying Ying from PL. Well so i just did a RFQ and the respond was quick 2nd day Quote is in my email. 1st Quote is one of the lowest (someone else is lower), but as mention from some bro/Sis here can feel that Ying Ying is new but very sincere in doing biz. and after some discussion over the phone finally decided to invite her to my new home for a look for a more accurate quote. 2 days later final quote is out and was quite reasonable, but given my pesonal style i do not give in without a fight. hahahahahahahaha

so going to meet up with her for a final Show down in her office tonight. By the way i do not know if all ID work late, but for Ying Ying time if flexible.

You are lucky le, i also RFQ from PL at expo too 3 weeks back but no quotation yet from them. sigh

lousy service, after 3 weeks still no quotation given. To me PL is simply not sincere nor responsible, dun everthink will let them renovate.

hi, we hired Ying Ying from PL for our new flat too. She is very sincere and a nice girl. Our flat is still on the way... and is likely to receive the keys only 4th quarter this year. However, she had already done up our 3D drawing, as usual there are meant to revision.. 3rd time already. No complaints about her so far..

Hi my experience so far with them:

Spoke to Chermaine from PL, found her to be sincere, but sorely lacking in experience. Doubt she has any designer inclinations in her, and most likely her designs would be something out of a template. Overall, if you were to go with PL, I would recommend speaking to Darren, because he seems frank, direct and to the point. Quotation-wise, they have pretty reasonable prices (Don't know on the quality of materials used though) and they pretty much have everything a home-owner would want.

We are also very impressed with their credentials, and also their contracts and breakdown of every single thing to make sure everything is covered (safety for both themselves and the consumer).

Overall, good firm, but sign with the more experienced staff if possible.

Hi all

Just wanna share our experience about PL for the renovation of our flat @ Pinnacle@Duxton. We too went around to about 5 or 6 IDs . We initially got to know about PL from the reno talk forum. We contacted Darren as his name was very popular in the forum, not knowing he was the boss! While the amount quoted was competitive with the rest of the IDs, what nailed the contract was the ID, himself. We were very comfortable with him, there was no hard selling, no insisting of putting deposit whatsoever and we can see that his sincerity in helping us to make our dream home come true.

Design wise, while we have some vague ideas on the concept, Darren injected new ideas and recommended the various materials to be use to enhance the design. I must say he is quite brilliant in designing the layout of the house such as working out our small constrained kitchen layout and the ceiling works. In fact after visiting some of our neighbours, we felt that we had the best layout as he had made our small place look more spacious!!

Workmanship wise; we are very satisfied with their carpentry works. To be fair there were some problems after the hand over; there were many scratches on our kitchen and built-in-wardrobe doors. When we report it to Darren, he brought the entire carpentry team down to rectify them. When they were unable to remove the scratches, they then removed the affected doors . The same goes to the installed glass panels and mirrors. Darren made the contractors removed them and installed new sets. All these were done after the entire project was completed!!! From these, you can see that they are a trust worthy company, have a good control over their subcontractors ensuring that they deliver top quality finishes!

The only big issue we had was with their painters. While all the bedrooms were beautifully done, we had some problems on the paint job at the living room. They were uneven and there were patchy works. However, after informing them to Darren, he immediately had the walls repaint again.

Overall, we are extremely happy and satisfied with PL living. From the proposed designs, the planning, the execution and finally to the hand over, they were responsive and responsible. Sure there were hiccups along the way, but the good thing is Darren was very approachable and was able to resolve them. Unlike a typical ID, Darren is very knowledgeable, from the carpentry to the electrical works and off course in designs and concept. We are very happy with PL. All of our frens who visited our house felt that our designs were beautifully done , well executed and that the whole feel is very classy. We wanted to post the pic of our house at the reno blog, but i do not know how to post the pictures. Could any kind souls advice us on this? Tks!!

Hi X-men,

I can't wait to see your pictures.... :)

Great to hear abt the prompt services provided by Darren.

We are still deciding whether to engage PL since it's still quite early to confirm one. - our completion date is in Sept 2010. So wanna see their workmanship and of course the designs..

im using PL too

very unhappy with my id (none of the above mentioned)

he appeared nice and helpful initally

but once we paid him the deposit, everything changed (i expected this, but i didnt expect the service upon signing to be so exaggerately APPALLING)

signed during late May, now almost end Jun, BARELY ANYTHING has been done

he does not reply smses promptly

but is PROMPT when it involves collecting MORE MONEY from us

and i think he lied to me about some stuff

the trust is broken but i've already paid up.

really regretful.

Edited by onecowcookie

also, before we signed, he said he would required 4-6 weeks to handover

now he sends us the estimated date of completion (note, he only sent this to us cos we asked him to estimate when works can be done)

and it is in END AUGUST!

*jaw drops* that is like almost 3 months!

WTF.

when we question him, he always has a million and one reasons.... really fed up of dealing with him

everyday i tink of my half destroyed flat and i feel like killing him.

p/s

up to now NO 3D drawings

h3ll, not even 2D drawings lah.

Edited by onecowcookie

the nx 45% of payment is due

but how am i supposed to pay when i've already given 15% and i fear i may be swindled of ALL my hard earned money?

this is a nightmare come true.

may u guys be spared of a scenario like this

Edited by onecowcookie