Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
homelover

Any Comment Plush Living

Darren is pretty good. He is doing up our 2bedrm condo for us. I totally agree that he is really busy! haha however, it goes to show that business is brisk. So no worries. Reliable chap. No matter how busy, he will return our calls.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
the nx 45% of payment is due

but how am i supposed to pay when i've already given 15% and i fear i may be swindled of ALL my hard earned money?

this is a nightmare come true.

may u guys be spared of a scenario like this

hi onecowcookie. i'm really sorry to hear about your experience. maybe you could speak to someone else in the company or ask for a change in designer? perhaps that will be better? Plush is doing up my place too. but i did not encounter problems like this. instead, my electrical works are starting today and i have not paid anything besides the fee for 3d drawings. My designer has been very nice and prompt. I feel that we are in good hands. i seriously think, since you have paid so much, you can't change the company, why not ask for a change in designer? i'm sure they will help you. meanwhile, hang in there!

i contacted darren for a on site meeting

however another ID by the name of Dylan contacted me, saying that Darren is not free and thus he will meet up with me

he also requested for floorplan etc when i already emailed Darren the floorplans

i read about some issues regarding Dylan from this thread

anyone has experience with him?

I am afraid that Darren has passed me to Dylan

any advice?

Edited by puppet

i contacted darren for a on site meeting

however another ID by the name of Dylan contacted me, saying that Darren is not free and thus he will meet up with me

he also requested for floorplan etc when i already emailed Darren the floorplans

i read about some issues regarding Dylan from this thread

anyone has experience with him?

I am afraid that Darren has passed me to Dylan

any advice?

Hi Puppet,

I have the same case as you, Darren was hospitalis when i called him to arrange for appt, he arrange me met up with Dylan 1st but darren had already promise me that he will took over the whole project once he is back and he did fullfill his promise.. I guess there is no problem on ur side too..

Hi Puppet,

I have the same case as you, Darren was hospitalis when i called him to arrange for appt, he arrange me met up with Dylan 1st but darren had already promise me that he will took over the whole project once he is back and he did fullfill his promise.. I guess there is no problem on ur side too..

Ya I agree. I guess you just have to make known that you want darren as the ID then Darren will follow up. His schedule is really packed so you just have to remind him, call him, etc. I've met like close to 10 ID before deciding on Plush with Darren as i find him really dependable. He is experienced and really knows a lot so you can depend on him to solve your problems!

Hi, just want to check for those who used plush, did you have to pay an appt fee before they moved on to draw the perspective drawings? There was no contract signed but the fee is sort of for them to know ur interest so that they can move on with the perspective drawings. Subsequently when the contract signed, then it will be deducted as part of the quotation.

Also, any comment on laurent from plush?

Hi, just want to check for those who used plush, did you have to pay an appt fee before they moved on to draw the perspective drawings? There was no contract signed but the fee is sort of for them to know ur interest so that they can move on with the perspective drawings. Subsequently when the contract signed, then it will be deducted as part of the quotation.

Also, any comment on laurent from plush?

Hi chocho.

i did the appt with them too. its for them to do your 3d drawings. otherwise if they do the 3d for you and you do not sign up with them, their effort on drawing will be wasted. its quite the norm in the industry. however, if u take up the contract straight, 3d drawing will be free. so after paying the appt fee and you like what you see, subsequently you sign up with them, they will deduct the fee from the quote. At least this is what i understand. i paid the appt fee, seen the drawings. i guess my id and us have a mutual trust. cause i have started the electrical works, discussed with the carpenter, going to start ceiling works but i haven't sign the actual contract yet! haha he is not afraid of us backing out and i dun think we have any reason to back out.

if you like their designs and would like to see 3d drawings before deciding, then go ahead with the appt. the impt thing is, you got to like your designer and feel that you can communicate with him/her.

Hi chocho.

i did the appt with them too. its for them to do your 3d drawings. otherwise if they do the 3d for you and you do not sign up with them, their effort on drawing will be wasted. its quite the norm in the industry. however, if u take up the contract straight, 3d drawing will be free. so after paying the appt fee and you like what you see, subsequently you sign up with them, they will deduct the fee from the quote. At least this is what i understand. i paid the appt fee, seen the drawings. i guess my id and us have a mutual trust. cause i have started the electrical works, discussed with the carpenter, going to start ceiling works but i haven't sign the actual contract yet! haha he is not afraid of us backing out and i dun think we have any reason to back out.

if you like their designs and would like to see 3d drawings before deciding, then go ahead with the appt. the impt thing is, you got to like your designer and feel that you can communicate with him/her.

[/quote

Hi alisa. Thanks for the explanation. We thought so too otherwise it may be a waste to do the perspective drawings for us. Just that when we checked with our Frens using other ids they actually have the contract signed before the drawing so I was just concerned. But anyway at this point we still have quite gd feeling towards the designer that's why we decided to pay them the appt fee. Most likely will sign with them.

Hi alisa. Thanks for the explanation. We thought so too otherwise it may be a waste to do the perspective drawings for us. Just that when we checked with our Frens using other ids they actually have the contract signed before the drawing so I was just concerned. But anyway at this point we still have quite gd feeling towards the designer that's why we decided to pay them the appt fee. Most likely will sign with them.

Good to hear that chocho. I guess you wont regret your choice. I've just signed my final contract 1hr ago. yeah, my id, Darren stayed with us till 11plus! haha electrical works already done and ceiling works completion by this week. my id finally collected money from us! i feel really secure with this firm. i can't describe how happy i am with my id. cause he is responsible, reliable and efficient. i've heard so many horror stories about ids but i definitely feel my house is in good hands here.

So await your 3d drawings! meanwhile see more magazines. tear our pictures that you like and put them in a folio so you could show your id what you want. Good luck!

thanks for your encouragement guys!

i am now soldiering on with the entire reno process

in order to ensure screw ups are identified early, i've taken to coming down everyday after work to inspect everthing in my place

which kinda makes it

1. real tiring (i do not drive, after enduring nearly an hour on the crowded bus, its close to 7 when i reach my new place; and there are no lights in my place cos the workers removed all the lights for electrical and painting works!! so i crawl around in semi-darkness holding a flashlight -- just like a burglar :o )

2. real pointless (on certain days, hardly any work is done....)

3. real monotonous (routine revolves arnd work - inspect - sleep - work - inspect - sleep)

but its a way to keep an eye on the reno works.

so... bottom line is.... it is difficult to find a good and reliable id, much effort is needed on the homeowner's part

really envy those people who managed to find a responsible and RESPONSIVE id!

p/s IDs really get hospitalised v freq hor? my id said he was hospitalised, darren said he was hospitalised, my fren's id said he was hospitalised, some renotalk forumer's id said he was hospitalised... really high rate of occupational hazard it seems... e.g. smoke inhalation? electrical burns? near drowning? chemical exposure? poor guys.

Edited by onecowcookie

thanks for your encouragement guys!

i am now soldiering on with the entire reno process

in order to ensure screw ups are identified early, i've taken to coming down everyday after work to inspect everthing in my place

which kinda makes it

1. real tiring (i do not drive, after enduring nearly an hour on the crowded bus, its close to 7 when i reach my new place; and there are no lights in my place cos the workers removed all the lights for electrical and painting works!! so i crawl around in semi-darkness holding a flashlight -- just like a burglar :o )

2. real pointless (on certain days, hardly any work is done....)

3. real monotonous (routine revolves arnd work - inspect - sleep - work - inspect - sleep)

but its a way to keep an eye on the reno works.

so... bottom line is.... it is difficult to find a good and reliable id, much effort is needed on the homeowner's part

really envy those people who managed to find a responsible and RESPONSIVE id!

p/s IDs really get hospitalised v freq hor? my id said he was hospitalised, darren said he was hospitalised, my fren's id said he was hospitalised, some renotalk forumer's id said he was hospitalised... really high rate of occupational hazard it seems... e.g. smoke inhalation? electrical burns? near drowning? chemical exposure? poor guys.

their workload is really hectic. imagine owners like us, so gan cheong about our place, keep bugging them! hahah one owner 5 phone calls a day. if he has 5 owners on hand, that is like 25 calls minimum. and that excludes sms and emails. haha

i don't know about you guys, but i haven't been going up to see see my place often. i think i only drop by like once or twice a week if i happen to pass by. I won't go down specially to check on the works done. i'm really leaving everything in my id's hands and trust that he will deliver on time and the house will be exactly what i imagined it to be.

friends said i shouldn't be so trusting. haha so i guess i'm taking a gamble by trusting my id so much.

i'm sure my id will do his best. after all, he will hope that i would recommend future clients to him or when pple see my house, they will ask for the id. at this point, i will say i'll recommend my id highly. haha

so, onecowcookie, i admired your effort in going down everyday! keep it up!

Hi everyone,

I have recently met up with David from PL, any comments about him? I am concern over the workmanship and wonder if I need to pay extra. Advice anyone?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I've requested PL to give me a quotation. Someone by the name of David is handling my request. I have not met him yet but would like to find out if anyone has any experience dealing with him? I don't see anything written about him on this thread.

Hi, can I check if you engage David from PL to do your reno in the end?

Thanks!

[/quote

Hi ChoCho,

I also did paid for the 3D dwgs and i never regret paying. Once i sign the contract with darren, he will deduct the deposit into my lump sum contract amount. Now they are already doing up my tiles which i had also paid 15% of the lump sum contract amount. Seriously doing up the 3D is not so easy. alot of changes to be make and takes alot of time and effort. I sometimes really pity those designer for making tones of changes for the 3D dwgs.... *My mistake* cause i keep on changing this and that.. kikiki.. women.. always change their mind.. and i seriously agreed with my hubby that i am not a easy customer to deal with cause i have high expectations and ask for almost perfections. If darren promise me something and does not deliver.. i will@$#%$&%* him but everything is going almost 95% perfect so far and darren has been very patient towards this and he will always tell me.. "No worry No worry, i will get it done for you or i will think out the solutions" and he never fail me in this aspect.

10 Thumbs Up for Mr. Darren... and a word for you.. DUN DISAPPOINT ME.....IF NOT I WILL... kikikiki.. You know lah... my XIAO JIE BI QI....

Went to talked to PL. They came back to me with quotation.

Very expensive. It's like 25% more expensive than other company.

But to give credit to them, the way they handle customer is excellent.

Very attentive and patient without being pushy.