Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

On the same vein, isn't it possible that it's over priced now? The price is 10 yrs down the road from now?

It is overpriced. But all it takes for a few ppl with loads of cash to pay high COV to jack px up. E.g. For Tg Pagar 3 room, they were only 45 units sold fm july 09 till nw, yet px have gone up from 295K to 380K. So if location is good, all it takes is a small # of ppl to push px up and like we all know, which seller want to sell lower than yr neighbour in the opp blk??

last CNY, told my aunty I looking at Tg Pagar 3 room costing ard 290K++. She say I mad to pay so high for 3 room, today 300K can only get u 3 room in yishun 74X series. HDB are relatively stable, 4 Rm then 3 Rm will have strong demand in gd or bad times.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Jurong's 5rm is 478K + 47K!!?!?!

WOW, prices are so scary now!

Just collected keys for my Simei 5I

Valuation $440k

COV $48K

You make it sound like Jurong East very ulu......should be very cheap...

Maybe cos you're staying in the east.

As I am staying in the west, I also feel that Simei is very far off and should not be too expensive.

Generally, all resale are expensive lah I guess.

I am not an agent but my friend is selling his 3I flat at Lor 2 Toa Payoh. Braddell MRT is just below his block and lots of shops in surrounding area. Very convenient location and unit is breezy with no afternoon sun. Move in condition with some touch-ups. Valuation done at $310k. What would be a fair and reasonable COV that he should be looking at?

Edited by calaislily

I am not an agent but my friend is selling his 3I flat at Lor 2 Toa Payoh. Braddell MRT is just below his block and lots of shops in surrounding area. Very convenient location and unit is breezy with no afternoon sun. Move in condition with some touch-ups. Valuation done at $310k. What would be a fair and reasonable COV that he should be looking at?

It should be always priced to sell and not to test market . 30k should be comfortable zone where atleast people will call to enquire more. putting 40k or more will scare serious buyers. recently i saw high asking cov units have been hanging for sometime as valuation is already too high. Even today straits times front page highlighted about house being repossesed (HDB loan) to create awareness into over committing into something we cant afford. cheers.

Hungry ghost 7 month coming soon and maybe it is a good time to buy flat with no COV.... Dream on.. :dribble: I dun think this will affect the resale price at all. :notti:

Edited by davidbslee

Hungry ghost 7 month coming soon and maybe it is a good time to buy flat with no COV.... Dream on.. :dribble: I dun think this will affect the resale price at all. :notti:

Ya... And there'll also be less sellers selling houses in 7th month.

Edited by forgotten

True. This month all agent will have to eat less liao... :sport-smiley-004:

Less demand & less supply = cooling down. Anyway, Tiger is on duty this year, guarding the "mountain of wealth" attentively, see who eats who, hope all don't ran into it.

Edited by bepgof

I guess we all purchased our flat based on our current needs and situation. As long we are happy and intended for long term. price up or down is normal in property market. Neverthelss Public housing is still costly and overpriced but theres nuting we can do as we need a roof. something that needs 30 years or so to pay up is not cheap at ALL.

Hmm looks like there are low low cov around. I haven paid, but soon @ 35K for a 30yrs old EA @ bukit batok. cost is 500K. kinda ex?

Oh ya, for those who paid,w hen did u all pay the cov?

I was one of those mad 45ppl you'r referring too. But the highest price was 445k COV 85k, not 380k as you mentioned! Tg pagar plaza location is good, my wife just need to walk 5-8 min to shenton way to work, comparing to almost an hour journey before. But off course we pay a high price for it! We bot it for 388k COV 28k (corner unit) in Feb (gd enough for a purchase of newer 3 bedders flat in other area). We are not loaded, just that the 28k COV for a high floor corner unit is within our range. Most of the corner unit owner now are asking for 50k-80k COV even it is a low floor. I saw ads of a owner asking for 69k COV for her #05 corner unit. The market has gone CRAZY, so am i! (my unit current val has gone up by est 50k since last valuation) :o

I believe prices will continue upward trend, SIBOR came down last week and this should spur some buying interest for rest of 2010. Alraedy big developers are planning big launches in 3Q. I read somewhere that HDB also looking at building in mature estates in 2011; this wl push prices already so high in these estates to shoot up even more. Tg Pagar is good area & will set new benchmark when Duxton@Pinnacle goes on sale in 5 yrs time. It wl be the 1st HDB to hit $1M - setting a new record for PUBLIC housing.

My Thai fren & his wife came to spore & got their PR in 2009. Were looking at selegie, Tg Pagar, Bugis area; but hv literally given up hope due to high COV in that area. agent say anything less than 50K dun waste time coming. Recently recommend them Serangoon central; i hve read from this forum and later wet down with them to reccee the area. Looks decent and centralised enuf, from there to dolby ghaut MRT in 13mins. But now, this area also asking for 40++K COV. How like that? If you think abt it, its a supply & demand thing, ppl are loaded with $$ and I know condo owners (ppl in my office) who buy and leave it vacant; simply waiting to rent out after 3 years or sell at profit. My another fren in 2004 bought a 3-room in Queestown for less than 200K, renovate at 70K and use it as love nest on weekends. It is now worth over 400K.

Blk 116?? I saw this unit at high flr near lift and they were asking for 350K. Depending on floor, COV is between 25K upto 55K for rare units like super high floor corner.

Location is good but there is no supermarket (NTUC or ........) within walking distance. Also, railings feel low when you walk along coridor and their staircase railings were wide enough that they could fit an entire human being. Never seen such railings anywhere in spore. Looking down from Level 18 will make yr legs wobble - good thing they installed wire mesh in alternate floors.