Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

Well if the new rules affect the hdb resale prices too drastically, many owners can choose to hold onto their current hdbs and refuse to sell them. Buyer pool drops, seller pool will also drops.

If you really likes that cck unit a lot and already pay 5K, then don't think too much about the new rules. Remember your area, already got ppl spending 100K COV.

Quite unlikely for now...

Seller looking for cashout will sell faster now.

Buyers looking around at this period are real buyers in need of a place..will still buy.

Current prices will likely stay for a good few months to a year at least...before the mass BTO are ready :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
gonna have my first appointment next thursday..

I paid 22k cov.. mid floor 4 rm at cck, abt 1km away from mrt, house condition is original but owner keep it clean and tidy

guess i might be the last person who paid the high cov, as the new policy is out, wondering if it'll hit the hdb resale market hard

Last person to pay high cov.. not likely because 22k is not high.

Whether you can sell your house at the price your bought later, very unlikely because CCK/SK/JW going to have more flats like yours.

If you dun intend to sell in future, then no problem. But have plans to upgrade, probably will end out negative sale in the future.

P/S : As for the guy that bought penthouse, maybe still can sell later cos' not many of them.

Quite unlikely for now...

Seller looking for cashout will sell faster now.

Buyers looking around at this period are real buyers in need of a place..will still buy.

Current prices will likely stay for a good few months to a year at least...before the mass BTO are ready :D

Within a day, I've read a few "reports" generated by investment firms like morgan stanley, BNP, UOB....these report, more or less said the same as what u wrote. The 2 "drivers" are "on" - influx of "foreigner" + 'low interest". And presently completed homes are under supply. Gov is speeding up BTO from 2.5yr to 3 yr (hopefully no more Hotel New world incident). What the visible hand does now is changing rules hope to "suppress" the buying spin.

Singaporeans (or ppl in Singapore)are clever with sharp eye and powerful brain will adopte a "wait & see" approach first, meaning that transaction will drop first, not necessarily price. "Leaders" or "Heros" are always the ones with highly "entrepreneuship" loss the patience to "wait & see" and chiong to buy and starts the spin, followers come, and "visible hand" come as well.

Likely 3~4 yr later when more homes are completed....mkt cools automatically by the invisible hand, if too cold, then visible hand comes. There are no new things under the sun.

Edited by bepgof

I think price will go north or atleast will maintain. less hdb owners will sell coz of so many tight rules and 50% profit payback to 2nd hdb loan. so no point selling for temp profit unless u r not buying back at all. BTO flats seldom match resale flats location and amenties.

Edited by salavanun

Your MOP is 1 year.

Me same case as u, I bought resale without grant and using bank loan.

I even got a black and white email about the MOP from HDB officer. :P

Me too. 1 year MOP as I brought resale without any grant and using bank loan. :dancingqueen:

Last person to pay high cov.. not likely because 22k is not high.

Whether you can sell your house at the price your bought later, very unlikely because CCK/SK/JW going to have more flats like yours.

If you dun intend to sell in future, then no problem. But have plans to upgrade, probably will end out negative sale in the future.

P/S : As for the guy that bought penthouse, maybe still can sell later cos' not many of them.

I fork out almost everything i had to buy the hdb. We plan to rent out the rooms to support our loan, so, even if the price of the house has dropped, we still have some buffer, consider, the rental yield of the hdb is really not that bad.. Anyway, we are both PR, not here to speculate the hdb, merely wanted a roof above our head

I fork out almost everything i had to buy the hdb. We plan to rent out the rooms to support our loan, so, even if the price of the house has dropped, we still have some buffer, consider, the rental yield of the hdb is really not that bad.. Anyway, we are both PR, not here to speculate the hdb, merely wanted a roof above our head

Obviously you adopts Sunsze's strategy well which says: 兵来将挡 水来土淹。Well done! Keep it up.

Edited by bepgof

gonna have my first appointment next thursday..

I paid 22k cov.. mid floor 4 rm at cck, abt 1km away from mrt, house condition is original but owner keep it clean and tidy

guess i might be the last person who paid the high cov, as the new policy is out, wondering if it'll hit the hdb resale market hard

how come u so fast can have ur first appt?

=(

Mine OTP in 8 August, but only first appt in 29 Sept =(

=(

my otp in 30th July, but i exercised it within 3 days.. i guess that could be the reason?

=(

Erm... I think your seller's agent chose a later date among the available dates for the 1st appt. :P

My seller's agent didn't choose the earliest available date back then, as my seller wanted to delay the resale completion to give himself time to hunt for new place.

Edited by forgotten

Erm... I think your seller's agent chose a later date among the available dates for the 1st appt. :P

My seller's agent didn't choose the earliest available date back then, as my seller wanted to delay the resale completion to give himself time to hunt for new place.

ooh no la, i think is the right timeframe. he said he exercised on 30th july do paperwork 3 days later, so also spent about 1 mth waiting for the first appt.

I was under the impression he just signed and just submitted form to hdb as he has earlier mentioned he could be the last person before the change of hdb rulings. So i guess, the last person would be the one that signed and paid $5K on 30th Aug

Wow, just now kapo check out my area 3'NG' flat at Tampines Resale Price for August from HDB website. Unbelievable that a unit in my block transaction at $380,000.00 . :jawdrop: During July was only transaction at $338,000.00 . The seller must be smiling happily to the bank. What your view? Edited by davidbslee

Wow, just now kapo check out my area 3'NG' flat at Tampines Resale Price for August from HDB website. Unbelievable that a unit in my block transaction at $380,000.00 . :jawdrop: During July was only transaction at $338,000.00 . The seller must be smiling happily to the bank. What your view?

August transaction reflects April/May submission. No the current conditions. Thats why even if sales volume drop, true current value will be been felt at the end of the year.

August transaction reflects April/May submission. No the current conditions. Thats why even if sales volume drop, true current value will be been felt at the end of the year.

Yes, I understand that. I think the location to good to resist. We should wait and see the true transaction at the end of the year. :D Almost every month my block got transaction going on.. :bangwall:

Yes, I understand that. I think the location to good to resist. We should wait and see the true transaction at the end of the year. :D Almost every month my block got transaction going on.. :bangwall:

Bro,

You just bought your home and your are counting your paper gain. Know that you fall under the 1 year rule sell group. Whats the matter ? tracking the trend, worry the new DTL with the 2 new stations in TP gonna draw away your potential buyer :)