Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

u sold @ 40k which is considered slightly above average COV. Now the prob is u need to find a good replacement at a better deal. which all sellers will try. But this market selling is easier than buying. dun be shocked people asking 50k for rundown units, All this only apply if u looking to buying again. If not like what others say smile the way to bank :D

Edited by salavanun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u sold @ 40k which is considered slightly above average COV. Now the prob is u need to find a good replacement at a better deal. which all sellers will try. But this market selling is easier than buying. dun be shocked people asking 50k for rundown units, All this only apply if u looking to buying again. If not like what others say smile the way to bank :D

I sold because of upgrading...and buying now isn't easy these days...

Henderson crescent, i been there too, unit too small and yet Chinese ratio filled too bad, otherwise i'll get that too, walking distance to TB mrt BUT i heard that area will be enbloc, don't quote me, i heard because the bukit merah view area (111-113) have been confirmed on enblock beside TB mrt.

last val for my B.Purmei done in May i think, so i need to redo again in order to obtain bank loan.

Bt merah view alr announced en bloc a while back and, yeah they're gonna be near TB mrt... I also heard the same rumour abt henderson crescent, but there's still the empty plot across the road also.

My purmei val was done in june, if the re-val goes up by $5k i be very happy alr!!!

Bt merah view alr announced en bloc a while back and, yeah they're gonna be near TB mrt... I also heard the same rumour abt henderson crescent, but there's still the empty plot across the road also.

My purmei val was done in june, if the re-val goes up by $5k i be very happy alr!!!

so have you confirm your purchase ?

yeah, confirmed... doing all the paperwork alr lo. now headache kitchen and 2xtoilet reno + budgetting...

same la my kitchen and toilets CMI - Cannot Make it.

Just met up with my ID last evening on the budget renovation, manage to keep it under 30k for whole unit...

How much is your COV ? 30k ?

same la my kitchen and toilets CMI - Cannot Make it.

Just met up with my ID last evening on the budget renovation, manage to keep it under 30k for whole unit...

How much is your COV ? 30k ?

well done! I'm just gonna do basic stuff target abt 10K + (hopefully)... COV was $26k....

$100,000 above valuation - clever or crazy?

Despite friends' dissuasion, our journalist buys Choa Chu Kang HDB penthouse at whopping $755,000

August 29, 2010

Yes, I paid $100,000 in cash-over-valuation (COV) for my HDB flat. No, I did not mistakenly add an extra zero to that figure.

"Gila" (crazy in Malay), said one friend. Totally exorbitant, chided another.

But I have only one question: How much would you pay for the home of your dreams?

I felt it was worth paying $755,000 for the four-bedroom executive maisonette in Choa Chu Kang, even though I feel that property prices have hit ridiculously high levels.

The 12-year-old flat has 87 years left on its 99-year lease.

The Business Times reported last month that the median COV for executive flats and five-roomers in hot areas, such as Bishan, was $70,500 and $52,500 respectively.

Sure, the amount I paid was more than that. But it wasn't an impulse buy.

My wife and I considered many things before choosing this flat and finally signing on the dotted line.

So what happens when the property market cools and prices start dropping? Will I regret how much I have put into my new home?The answer is no.

I certainly don't plan to sell. Not even if someone dangles a $150,000 COV offer.

That's because I've found my dream home, where one day you'll find me relaxing in my roof garden, sipping a home-made teh tarik and watching the world go by from my 12th-floor perch.

By then, I hope I won't even remember how much of a hole I'd burnt in my pocket.

Edited by forgotten

just hope that 10, 20 yrs down the road. He will not regret for his shopping

Aiya, people buying dream home mah. After he pass on 50 years later, his kids will be the one regretting his father decision.

Aiya, people buying dream home mah. After he pass on 50 years later, his kids will be the one regretting his father decision.

@ 755k penthhouse 12yrs cck is a goood buy in this market than 800k for 35yrs in marineparade 5 room.Is also a better buy than 450k @ 35yrs tanjong pagar/holland 3 room. definetly value for money if u compare this buys.furthermore is sheltered to mrt which is also a strong marketing point adding to rare penthouse status

@ 755k penthhouse 12yrs cck is a goood buy in this market than 800k for 35yrs in marineparade 5 room.Is also a better buy than 450k @ 35yrs tanjong pagar/holland 3 room. definetly value for money if u compare this buys.furthermore is sheltered to mrt which is also a strong marketing point adding to rare penthouse status

2 hands 2 legs support yr view. Mi Casa, top in 2013, not bad too.

Edited by bepgof

It will take likely at least another 30yrs for him to sell after his kids are grown up ...if he intend to.

With 30yrs, the price will definitely appreciate, as it is just a 12yrs flat. but of course, with the numerous BTO released,

One can hardly be sure if this will affect the price or not. HDB may likely built more such penthouses in future.

For me, if i can afford, i will take it.

Penthouse, size big, ultra low maintenance, close proximity to MRT/shopping center.

No gym/swimming pools is ok...the novelty is over after 2-3yrs.

Only thing is, CCK has alot airplane flying over due to Tengah airbase rite?

Wonder if it is noisy.

Wrong!!

50yrs later frm now his children will be the one to reap the profits, and upgrades to condo/landed!!! Haha