Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

One thing which I want to ask you guy: EI offered the kitchen cabinet package which I took. In the package, it comprises of the postform kitchen top. We decided to go for tiles to create the kitchen top and the ID charged us an extra S$1200 for the top using the tiles. When I asked if he would deduct the cost of postform kitchen top so that I simply top up the difference, he said that's not the case... and all in, we paid almost S$6000 for the 20ft (top & bottom) kitchen cabinet.

can someone ask me if this is reasonable? I really felt shortchanged...but am helpless.... kaoz man.

You should get a quote elsewhere for the same 20ft tiles top to determine if you are overcharged.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
You should get a quote elsewhere for the same 20ft tiles top to determine if you are overcharged.

just like to make some correction here in my earlier posting...i guess i was mad over the top to think rationally.. the 6k includes hacking & re-laying of floor tiles in my kitchen, mbr toilet & its wall tiles...

Hi, could some one PM me Benedict's contact # and email please?

hey newkid...so poor thing nobody responded to you. haha my id is jon not benedict. dont have his direct mobile but have their office number. can call and ask for his hp. 64451683.

i guess his email is benedict@earnest-interiors.com coz jon's is just his name jonathan.

keke all the best.

hey newkid...so poor thing nobody responded to you. haha my id is jon not benedict. dont have his direct mobile but have their office number. can call and ask for his hp. 64451683.

i guess his email is benedict@earnest-interiors.com coz jon's is just his name jonathan.

keke all the best.

Ya lor.. don't know what happened to all the Benedict fan. :-)

Thanks for your id's contact info.. maybe try him and see how. He's very good too, right? With lots of good and new ideas, right?

Ya lor.. don't know what happened to all the Benedict fan. :-)

Thanks for your id's contact info.. maybe try him and see how. He's very good too, right? With lots of good and new ideas, right?

my id is jonathan...can reach him at jonathan@earnest-interiors.com.

he's not bad. we like talking to him. very easy going and sincere. hes also a very practical man with a teeny weeny bit of adventurous spirit. haha i wanted yellow walls he find it cool and daring...then i said why not red, then hes not that supportive already. haha i wanted full height mirror and he said it'll be quite 'ghostly' at night! arghh but hes got his practical point of view lah. my FH's concern is to cut cut cut cost and jon is so super supportive...keep helping him cut cost...all my ideas got thrown out of window! haha :P

what we wanted to do in the house are actually mostly our own ideas. but jon would advise how to modify it to cut cost or advise whether feasible. design wise...not those really designer showflat kind but its very practical and homely. so i duno whether you'll consider them good and new ideas...haha

anyway hes real nice to talk to even tho you eventually decide not to use him.

good luck... =P

It has been a long time since I last visited this web site. When I saw someone asking anyone used Earnest Interior before in Dec 2005, I told Jonathan about it. Apparently, their clients are mostly referrals from words of mouth so not really the internet people lah. This is probably how this web site was introduced to EI and they start reading how people commented on their services.

I was too lazy to write any comments even though I am very happy with EI service but after reading some of the comments today, they praised Benedict so much like he is the saviour so I must compliment my ID too. Didn't know Jonathan is also so hot these days

My ID is Jonathan Liew, a very nice, practical, responsible and sincere guy. After spending 4 months to meet up with 15 over IDs, finally I decided to work with Jonathan since I need someone who is practical and sincere. When I am on long business trips or vacations, I actually leave everything to Jonathan to manage for me and no headache when I am back from the trips too.

My house design is Classic European, to be specific is French so not many IDs know what exactly I want but Jonathan has all the ideas. When I point him to some web sites to look at the feel of what I want, he can get it and the end results are always better than my expectations.

No IDs are perfect, they won't be able to read our minds so we need to make sure we communicate what we prefer to see or achieve to them and agree on the ideas. If they cannot visualise, send them pictures of similar designs and this will help. Jonathan and I share one common snapfish account, he can see all the pictures I had taken for things I fancy or bought and we can figure out how to put them in all the little corners.

The workmanship from EI is good too but according to my friends (they attend housewarming parties all the time), EI standard is considered very good. Their workers are very dedicated and helpful, I still remember one of their worker spent half a day painting the wood motifs on the display cabinets to make sure they are close to my off the shelf dining set design.

If anyone asks me for ID referral, I will definitely recommend Jonathan and Earnest Interior. Not only I am happy with them, even my curtain and furniture shop owners sing praises for him. His design makes me feel so proud of my house, I feel great when people start taking pictures of the design when they come for my housewarming :-)

Well done, Jonathan! Thanks for bearing with me huh, I know my imagination can be too wild at times and thanks for pulling me back to the reality ............... hahaha

Apparently, their clients are mostly referrals from words of mouth so not really the internet people lah. This is probably how this web site was introduced to EI and they start reading how people commented on their services.

Quite true lah. Read in their website...'Today' actually had an article on them and EI pride themselves to get their customers by word of mouth recommendation. It struck me then when i read that. They dont believe in advertising. i think its a really good way. not afraid no business if they're really good. and the savings from advertising can benefit customers directly oso.

thats why i chose EI oso. good business ethics! =P

Quite true lah. Read in their website...'Today' actually had an article on them and EI pride themselves to get their customers by word of mouth recommendation. It struck me then when i read that. They dont believe in advertising. i think its a really good way. not afraid no business if they're really good. and the savings from advertising can benefit customers directly oso.

thats why i chose EI oso. good business ethics! =P

I'm in the midst of my reno now and I must say the workers really do a good job, esp the painters. Went up last Sunday to take a look at my house and we were shocked to see 7 painters painting our house! They were all Bhangras and were really helpful. The painting is v good, no smudge on the edges unlike some friend's house that we gone too....painting was really neat and good. The workers were friendly too.

I'm glad that my reno is in good hands. So far, I didn't really feel the need to go up and check too often as I have trust in them. Though much has been complimented abt Benedict, I still must say that he's a v responsible ID. Will be posting the pictures of my reno progress soon! :notti:

Ahhh....need help! our reno is moving very very fast (we needed it to be fast lah) but theres very little time for me to make decisions! darm stress man! and i'm that kind who'll take forever to think wan!:good: hiyz...

this is the perspective for the bomb shelter and sliding door to kitchen. that is a very small area. my FH likes it simple like that...but i think its tooooooooo simple!:lol: arghh....but duno how to spice it up? any suggestions how to make this look nicer?? i think the niche can use black glass...whatcha think? my FH thinks it'll look ugly but i don think so leh. my FH don like me asking ID so many questions!:D hmmp! thinks i'm too fickle minded...but must really like the stuff we're paying for right!

arghh...anyway...got suggestion how to spice this area up? thinking alternatively can have top row and bottom row using black glass?? haha or middle panel? hiyah....just think that using whole wall one laminate like very boring leh...

is wallpaper substantially more ex than laminate? hmmm or just use wallpaper?

hiyah...no time liaoz...pissed... :notti:

aiyah forgot the attachment...here's it!

Feature wall

Edited by annpaul

Ahhh....need help! our reno is moving very very fast (we needed it to be fast lah) but theres very little time for me to make decisions! darm stress man! and i'm that kind who'll take forever to think wan!:deal: hiyz...

this is the perspective for the bomb shelter and sliding door to kitchen. that is a very small area. my FH likes it simple like that...but i think its tooooooooo simple!:dancingqueen: arghh....but duno how to spice it up? any suggestions how to make this look nicer?? i think the niche can use black glass...whatcha think? my FH thinks it'll look ugly but i don think so leh. my FH don like me asking ID so many questions!:horse: hmmp! thinks i'm too fickle minded...but must really like the stuff we're paying for right!

arghh...anyway...got suggestion how to spice this area up? thinking alternatively can have top row and bottom row using black glass?? haha or middle panel? hiyah....just think that using whole wall one laminate like very boring leh...

is wallpaper substantially more ex than laminate? hmmm or just use wallpaper?

hiyah...no time liaoz...pissed... :notti:

aiyah forgot the attachment...here's it!

Feature wall

Actually from your picture looks ok what, dun have to be do complicated.....you want black glass? That area will have a lot of movements, you won't want so many fingerprints on it, v hard to maintain...for me, I am wallpapering my entire bomb shelter area cos I dun like the idea of doing up a tic-tac door just to hide the bomb shelter door....but using wallpaper you still can see the door handle of the BS, if you can't stand the door handle, the wall feature will be the choice

Actually from your picture looks ok what, dun have to be do complicated.....you want black glass? That area will have a lot of movements, you won't want so many fingerprints on it, v hard to maintain...for me, I am wallpapering my entire bomb shelter area cos I dun like the idea of doing up a tic-tac door just to hide the bomb shelter door....but using wallpaper you still can see the door handle of the BS, if you can't stand the door handle, the wall feature will be the choice

haha isit a man's thing!! hmm...how much was your wallpapering of the bomb shelter area?

haha isit a man's thing!! hmm...how much was your wallpapering of the bomb shelter area?

I duno...me not man lah....haha.....

My entire bomb shelter wall costs me $600 for wallpaper....think in any case also cheaper than feature wall...me and my fiance decided we can live with the handle sticking out, so just go for wallpaper to make the door less ugly..cos we dun like the "door-within-door" kinda feel for feature wall... :notti:

My entire bomb shelter wall costs me $600 for wallpaper....think in any case also cheaper than feature wall...me and my fiance decided we can live with the handle sticking out, so just go for wallpaper to make the door less ugly..cos we dun like the "door-within-door" kinda feel for feature wall... :notti:

oops...thot you're e 'husband'..keke... :dancingqueen:

My entire bomb shelter wall costs me $600 for wallpaper....think in any case also cheaper than feature wall...me and my fiance decided we can live with the handle sticking out, so just go for wallpaper to make the door less ugly..cos we dun like the "door-within-door" kinda feel for feature wall... :deal:

oops...thot you're e 'husband'..keke... :horse: sorry sorry...

Hmm...i oso like wallpaper...but we still wanna construct the false wall coz wanna have a sliding door to conceal the kitchen (since we're not doing anything to the kitchen)...and we like to have one whole look instead of a stand alone door...

i've heard of people doing the false wall and then wall paper it instead of laminating also.

anyone knows how much would this cost? would it be more ex than using laminates? or same cost??

we've got a divider at the foyer quite near to this wall. it's supposed to use the same laminate. if opt for wallpaper for bomb shelter, then the divider should also use wall paper right?