Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi uniqlo

Yes, we visited the Woodlands Condo. Were you the other couple? I heard Earnest had quite good lobangs for lightings, is that true? We have not bought our lights yet. Reno should be completed by mid June.. There are still so much things to do and endless shopping to be done.. When is your expected completion date? Bought all your furnitures?

Hi saychez,

Yes, we visited the Woodlands Condo with you! Were you @ the EI office in Woodlands this afternoon too? Hmm, I guess it depends on what you are looking for and whether you are doing false ceiling/L Box. Frankie brought us to some shops and the one we finally bought most of the lights from, has better quality as recommended. The guy from the lighting shop is quite easy to talk to as well. When are you planning to get the lightings?

I think this is really the busy period where have to juggle research, shopping, negotiating, discussing designs and going to the flat to see renovation progress (quite exciting!). It is quite a fun and enriching process :dribble: We also still have a lot of furnishings and appliances to buy. Plan is to get essentials and buy the rest slowly bit by bit. Our expected completion date is around the same time as you. Have you bought your sanitary ware yet?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hihi...sorry for late reply...

Uniqlo, i was supposed to sign with him over the last weekend but keep postponing... anyway, he said its okie.. ahahhaa... have already booked him to go shopping with us oredi.. his schedule quite packed leh...

my reno supposes to start next week... btw, where are you guys' new place?? N, S, E, W??

Hi zacey

No worries! Even before the renovation starts, it's like a frenzy of things to look into, for many of us.

Yeah, Frankie's schedule is really tight nowadays. Good thing is amongst the hustle bustle, he is still keeping tab on what's happening in the renovations :) Wow, you must be looking forward to it! When is your renovation expected to complete? Our home is in central. Yours?

Just curious, did you tell Frankie your budget before sitting down to talk about the designs?

When we met up with him, immediately he fished out his ruler and pencil and started drawing on the floor plan, am impressed.

But the rough quote he gave for all that we mentioned was a bit of a shocker.. so.. does it matter if we get the design done and then cut cut the budget? :)

Hi ilys

His ruler and pencil is really his trademark! Think zacey will agree on this point :) Just to share my experience. In the first appointment with him, we listed the things we wanted the renovation to cover. In the midst of it, Frankie also tried to understand the overall concept we wanted for our home. So, we did touch on some aspects of design, but not the details. Before we got the quotation, he was aware of our budget. When we received the first version, those stuff which we decided could possibly be purchased outside, we took it out while discussing with him. Think it helps Frankie and us to focus on what we wanted him to help us for the renovation. Subsequent discussions revolved around design ideas and cost as well. At times, we did discussed about putting in some items that were previously dropped because of re-evaluation. Hence, some of them appeared again in revisions of quotation :) The process has been quite dynamic in our case and luckily he was patient with us. No and fast rules - just go along with what you are comfortable with :)

EI's pricing is neither the highest nor the lowest. One of their distinguishing factor is workmanship which has been complimented in this thread too. Having viewed some past projects, that is one of the deciding factor for us :D

Edited by uniqlo

Hi zacey

No worries! Even before the renovation starts, it's like a frenzy of things to look into, for many of us.

Yeah, Frankie's schedule is really tight nowadays. Good thing is amongst the hustle bustle, he is still keeping tab on what's happening in the renovations :) Wow, you must be looking forward to it! When is your renovation expected to complete? Our home is in central. Yours?

hihi...

ya, getting excited over the reno.. mine is starting coming monday... expected completion date is beginning of jul. told him i got to travel end jul so he must complete by beginning jul.. :D

my home is in the east... :)

Just curious, did you tell Frankie your budget before sitting down to talk about the designs?

When we met up with him, immediately he fished out his ruler and pencil and started drawing on the floor plan, am impressed.

But the rough quote he gave for all that we mentioned was a bit of a shocker.. so.. does it matter if we get the design done and then cut cut the budget? :)

ilys,

no worries.. you can cut anything you wan.. actually for me, i gave him a budget.. but in the end, we actually exceeded the budget.. kanna scolding somemore.. :P actually, most importantly is whether you feel comfortable with him and of course whether you like his designs... the budget can be discussed.. i keep bargaining with him but at the same time adding designs... think he nearly wanna strangle me.. hee..

ya uniqlo... :)

I think at the next few meetings he might strangle us too, we're already re-thinking our concept and things we want and don't want.

Is Frankie very hot on lighting? We think it's not necessary to have so much lighting in the house, but from what he proposed it seems like he'd want us to have lights here lights there. :)

Did you guys already have a confirmed idea like colour scheme and type (e.g. modern/ country etc) before you met up with Frankie? Or shld I wait for him to propose something?

Hi all,

It's refreshing to read many positive post on this ID. Mine is a BTO 4-room premium Buangkok flat which will be completed on Q2 2008. So any home owner have actually engage EI to do their BTO flat?

What's the renovation budget like for BTO premium 4-room flat? Really would like to get comments/opinions here. :D

I gather Benedict, Jontahan and Frankie are highly recommended in this thread.

Please advise. :yamseng:

Walter

Edited by flyersummer

To All Jonathan's fans,

One sad news to share with all of you.................our dearest Jonathan will be giving up his fantastic career to pursue his wish to be a Pastor at the end of this month. He will only be working part-time for EI while he is studying for the course to become a Pastor.

I know some of us will feel that it is a pity he is giving up his career at this point, I kind of think this is the beginning of his career peak. I am glad that my place is part of his memorable masterpiece before he is "absent" from this industry. My place will be featured on Home & Decor in July and this probably is the first time for Jonathan and EI (???), I am glad it turns out to be a memorable masterpiece for you too.

When Jonathan was working on my house design, I kept teasing him that it is going to be his masterpiece for the year. I didn't know he already plan to become a Pastor one day and it actually came soon after my house was completed in Feb. This may be his last masterpiece actually :D

Jonathan, we wish you all the best and we are sure you will be blessed in other ways. As I told you when I first heard about your decision, you have made a selfless and noble decision. Not everyone can give up everything (I heard you are even going to give up your car?) to serve the community. You are very lucky to have such a understanding family that supports your decision too. Hey, I am still waiting to meet them ok.

Now the more I think of it, I really feel that you are God sent to help me complete my dream home and most importantly help me to "manage" my spendings :yamseng:

Take care

Can anyone PM me the HP no. of any of the designers from EI? Since the review is so good, i will consider them to renovate my mum's place.Thanks.

To All Jonathan's fans,

One sad news to share with all of you.................our dearest Jonathan will be giving up his fantastic career to pursue his wish to be a Pastor at the end of this month. He will only be working part-time for EI while he is studying for the course to become a Pastor.

I know some of us will feel that it is a pity he is giving up his career at this point, I kind of think this is the beginning of his career peak. I am glad that my place is part of his memorable masterpiece before he is "absent" from this industry. My place will be featured on Home & Decor in July and this probably is the first time for Jonathan and EI (???), I am glad it turns out to be a memorable masterpiece for you too.

When Jonathan was working on my house design, I kept teasing him that it is going to be his masterpiece for the year. I didn't know he already plan to become a Pastor one day and it actually came soon after my house was completed in Feb. This may be his last masterpiece actually :D

Jonathan, we wish you all the best and we are sure you will be blessed in other ways. As I told you when I first heard about your decision, you have made a selfless and noble decision. Not everyone can give up everything (I heard you are even going to give up your car?) to serve the community. You are very lucky to have such a understanding family that supports your decision too. Hey, I am still waiting to meet them ok.

Now the more I think of it, I really feel that you are God sent to help me complete my dream home and most importantly help me to "manage" my spendings :)

Take care

Oh, my hubby & I are among the few to know the news as well. We are currently in the midst of renovating, & only left the kitchen portion plus touchup. He kept insisting us make up our mind on the kitchen drawing as well as colour. At last he told us he wants to complete this project as he will be leaving in June. :yamseng: He say he going to pursue his studies.

At this moment I believe that he will complete his last project nicely & amazingly.

To preview my reno, pls go to scoria76home.multiply.com

Edited by scoria76

Oh, my hubby & I are among the few to know the news as well. We are currently in the midst of renovating, & only left the kitchen portion plus touchup. He kept insisting us make up our mind on the kitchen drawing as well as colour. At last he told us he wants to complete this project as he will be leaving in June. :yamseng: He say he going to pursue his studies.

At this moment I believe that he will complete his last project nicely & amazingly.

To preview my reno, pls go to scoria76home.multiply.com

I am sure Jonathan will do a good job even though he is leaving, he is a very responsible ID. Till today, he still answers my call and help me thinks of some ideas despite his busy schedule. The more he will help you since he is still handling your project, no worry lah

I think at the next few meetings he might strangle us too, we're already re-thinking our concept and things we want and don't want.

Is Frankie very hot on lighting? We think it's not necessary to have so much lighting in the house, but from what he proposed it seems like he'd want us to have lights here lights there. :(

Did you guys already have a confirmed idea like colour scheme and type (e.g. modern/ country etc) before you met up with Frankie? Or shld I wait for him to propose something?

Hi ilys

Overall, we had a theme in mind before meeting up with Frankie. You can also wait for him to propose themes, but in the end you will have to decide which one you are most comfortable with. Just envision the type of place you will look forward to coming home to, and that may help you in shortlisting & deciding on the theme. Can also check the home decoration magazines for ideas :notti:

To what we understand, he is quite experienced in lighting. If you are not comfortable with what was proposed, you can just let him know. He will highlight to you the possible outcomes for the options you choose to go with and that helps a lot!

We also got "scolded" by him several times too, having changed and explored different items / colours with him. More often that not, we find ourselves rethinking what he said and going back to what he proposed, because it is much better. This is part of the communication & learning process and it is something that we are comfortable with :jawdrop:

Edited by uniqlo

Hi ilys,

as for me, i dun have any exact theme in mind.. but i do have some design ideas which were formulated along the way... from magazines, fren's flats etc... dun worry abt changing the concept.... i think no one can beat me and my sister's fickemindedness yet... kanna scolded many times.. :jawdrop:

as for the lightings.. for info, he worked as an electrician previously so he is very experienced with lightings.. you can pop any ideas and he can tell you whether it works or not straight away...

today just finished my wall and floor tiles selection.. as expected (from him), we found our tiles from EI's showroom instead from the factory... cos we have insisted to go see see look look at the tiles factory display.. but then, all not within our quoted price range.. sianz.. so in the end, after one factory, we gave up and proceeded to his showroom to select the ready-selected tiles... kanna suaned from our 'additional works' :(