Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

oops...thot you're e 'husband'..keke... :bow:

oops...thot you're e 'husband'..keke... :bow: sorry sorry...

Hmm...i oso like wallpaper...but we still wanna construct the false wall coz wanna have a sliding door to conceal the kitchen (since we're not doing anything to the kitchen)...and we like to have one whole look instead of a stand alone door...

i've heard of people doing the false wall and then wall paper it instead of laminating also.

anyone knows how much would this cost? would it be more ex than using laminates? or same cost??

we've got a divider at the foyer quite near to this wall. it's supposed to use the same laminate. if opt for wallpaper for bomb shelter, then the divider should also use wall paper right?

Hmm wallpaper also depends on the range you chose too...if u chose the more ex range, definitely your cost will be higher...if your false wall is gypsom board, then shd be quite cheap but plus your wallpaper, i think the cost would be the same as doing one feature wall....wallpaper not cheap also....for a large area would easily cost 600-1000...

Not necessarily have to wallpaper your divider, of course if you have the budget then i suppose you can go for it...otherwise, i think too much wallpaper looks v messy too....

Y dun u ask your ID for advise?? I believe he can answer your questions better :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Y dun u ask your ID for advise?? I believe he can answer your questions better :D

Thanks Air...

Aiyah my FH gets very panicky when i ask ID questions or for ideas! haha coz everytime i ask its kaching kaching...haha say i want this want that and i keep changing my mind...so FH very stressed loh... :yamseng:

but pay so much already of coz must make nice nice hor?! reno is very stressful for us coz we got very different taste man...(wonder how we got together right!) haha he likes very very extremely resort style...but i hate having too much wood around...all the teak furniture! ohmigoodness! haha

then i like colors and modern and funky stuff but he dont like...hiys...turn out now our house neither here or there....haha

Thanks Air...

Aiyah my FH gets very panicky when i ask ID questions or for ideas! haha coz everytime i ask its kaching kaching...haha say i want this want that and i keep changing my mind...so FH very stressed loh... :yamseng:

but pay so much already of coz must make nice nice hor?! reno is very stressful for us coz we got very different taste man...(wonder how we got together right!) haha he likes very very extremely resort style...but i hate having too much wood around...all the teak furniture! ohmigoodness! haha

then i like colors and modern and funky stuff but he dont like...hiys...turn out now our house neither here or there....haha

Haha same case here....fiance and I have diff taste. He can live with something simple but I want the house to well done up. So sometimes the things I want to add, he objects...it's v frustrating and we have had many quarrels too.....but now, we just compromise....things that are unnecessary and will add on cost, we just forgo....got to compromise lor..

When I saw someone asking anyone used Earnest Interior before in Dec 2005, I told Jonathan about it. Apparently, their clients are mostly referrals from words of mouth so not really the internet people lah. This is probably how this web site was introduced to EI and they start reading how people commented on their services.

How true...when I was looking for a ID mid last year. I was recommended to EI by a friend (not via internet). I came to this website and actually have to use the search mode to find any posting on them. Really surprised now to see them at the "front" of the forum when I visit here on and off.

Anyway, after a terrible experience in my first renovation some years back. My main requirement for my search was for a responsible ID to do the job. And not so much their design ideas . (Not sure if this might seem strange to pple here).

I must say that EI did deliver on their commitments. With the busy schedule that we had, EI ran the whole thing for us and did not give us any major unwelcomed surprises

My reno has juz started... I muz say they do things quite fast and are sticking closely to the schedule. Benedict had also bring us to buy our lightings and sanitary. So far we are very happy with his services.

ID: Earnest Interior - Benedict

Reno start date : 19 March 07

Furnishings

Sofa : Celini

Coffee Table : St Louise (IMM)

Bedframe + mattress : St Louise (IMM)

Curtains : Art Living (Furniture Mall)

Dining table : XZQT (Paragon)

Bathroom + kitchen accessories : Bacera (Geylang)

Electricals

Aircon : Mitsubishi Starmex System 3 (Gain City)

Lightings : Vlux (Geylang), Light Room(Jurong West)

Fridge : ?? (Dunno which one to choose)

Washing Machine : Toshiba AW-D950SS-W

TV: Sharp LC37PX5M

My reno has juz started... I muz say they do things quite fast and are sticking closely to the schedule. Benedict had also bring us to buy our lightings and sanitary. So far we are very happy with his services.

ID: Earnest Interior - Benedict

Reno start date : 19 March 07

Furnishings

Sofa : Celini

Coffee Table : St Louise (IMM)

Bedframe + mattress : St Louise (IMM)

Curtains : Art Living (Furniture Mall)

Dining table : XZQT (Paragon)

Bathroom + kitchen accessories : Bacera (Geylang)

Electricals

Aircon : Mitsubishi Starmex System 3 (Gain City)

Lightings : Vlux (Geylang), Light Room(Jurong West)

Fridge : ?? (Dunno which one to choose)

Washing Machine : Toshiba AW-D950SS-W

TV: Sharp LC37PX5M

My reno is right on schedule too.....am also v happy with the services provided by Benedict zz

Joyven, I see that you have gotten your curtains from Art Living too...how much did you spend on your curtains?

Anyone has used Zaan before? Can I actually request to have benedict/jonathon handle my case instead? Not too comfortable with Zaan and her designs.. Have not sign.. just got a quote from her..

Edited by jule

Hi Air,

This is thanks to yr recommendations. A total of $1800, living and master day night curtain, rm2 & rm3 roman curtain, 1 extra night curtain and 1 string curtain. They have quite a nice selection, and i would consider the price to be acceptable. They say that they participate in the furniture mall promotions, therefore the prices are lower.

Hi Jule,

I think it is not too nice to change ID within the same firm.

i got another thing to add abt EI. So far i have gone up to my flat abt 3 times, and everytime i see their workers doing their own stuff quietly and efficiently, no wonder so fast. And the best thing is, my ID actually pasted a paper outside, asking them not to smoke inside and clear their debris after work. Even if they do it, at least i dun see it, so everytime i go up, no smelly smoke and no unsightly stuff at the toilet bowl!!

i got another thing to add abt EI. So far i have gone up to my flat abt 3 times, and everytime i see their workers doing their own stuff quietly and efficiently, no wonder so fast. And the best thing is, my ID actually pasted a paper outside, asking them not to smoke inside and clear their debris after work. Even if they do it, at least i dun see it, so everytime i go up, no smelly smoke and no unsightly stuff at the toilet bowl!!

I must say that EI is now getting its fair share of good comments. They deserve it!

After sales service is first class........:)! Jonathan realised that my front gate kept banging against the wall. So he offered to put a bumper on the wall to stop that from happening.......COOL!

During our reno, I found his group of workers from tilers to carpenters and painters were all very nice and pro. Do things quietly and efficiently. Will bother to take time to explain to us what they were doing and so on.

You leave packet drinks for them....they will be even happier and work gets done even better.

Cheers!

Hi Joyven, no problem! Glad you got a good deal for the curtains too! :yamseng:

Ya I saw the piece of paper stuck outside my unit to ask workers not to smoke and to clear up their own rubbish too! Was quite surprised as most contractors won't even bother.

Agree that the workers are all very efficient. Painting takes only 1 day and next day only to touch up. Laminate flooring for all rooms and platform **** room done within 2 days.....was quite surprised at their efficiency as I had expected some delays in my schedule....but they were very fast!:):dunno:

hi hi..

i just met up with my ID from earnest.. anyone has experience with Frankie before?

now deciding between them or innplace... one setback is we got to settle our own WC, basins etc... can you guys tell me wat's an estimated price for all the toilet accessories etc?? cos innplace offered all in a package... less hassle...

hi hi..

i just met up with my ID from earnest.. anyone has experience with Frankie before?

now deciding between them or innplace... one setback is we got to settle our own WC, basins etc... can you guys tell me wat's an estimated price for all the toilet accessories etc?? cos innplace offered all in a package... less hassle...

Toilet and kitchen accessories would set you back by 1K to 2K+, depending on the kind and number of stuff you need. I spent about 1.2K on bathroom and kitchen stuff...

hi everyone

Just to drop an appraisal for Earnest Interior.

Last week a HDB officer came to my house to do post-renovation inspection.

He said we got a good contractor as the workmanship on tiles were good n no leakings in my unit or receive any complaints from my neighbour so far. He also said other reno unit in my block was not 'lucky' as us. They received complaints from neighbours due to water leakage.

Thumbs up for Earnest! :P