Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eby

How Long Is The Wait From Submission To 1st Appointment?

Hi,

Seller's agent just informed my agent that the 1st appointment is 6 April! She submitted yesterday.

Is this a little long?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Seller's agent just informed my agent that the 1st appointment is 6 April! She submitted yesterday.

Is this a little long?

Try this Link from HDB (Earliest Available Date For Resale First Appointment)

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB24APPT/WelcomeDate.jsp

It show

You may choose any date from 05 Apr 2010 to 17 May 2010.

Edited by therat

Hi,

Is this a little long?

sadly, this is normal...duno why they need this long rite? sigh...

my agent submitted on 10 Nov 09 and my 1st appt date was 22 Feb 10 !

Seller and myself wanted everytin to be done soon, so we called and wrote into to HDB to appeal and got a earlier date (13 Jan 10).

U can ask ur agent to do it for u, but....u will need the seller to agree wif u too !

the current market is overwhelmed with hdb transactions. as a result the appt dates get pushed further and further away lo

Hmmm...I didnt know we can appeal for earlier date....but I think the seller sure dont want, cos he doing contra with his seller....so dun want to make things difficult for them...just because of my wish.

THERAT - Thanks for the link. :D

I didnt know we can check this. I thought only agents will be able to know the dates. Stupid of me... :)

Hi,

Is this a little long?

You are lucky, Consider fast already. I waited for 16weeks for my 1st appt. :rolleyes:

I also waited for 16weeks for my 1st appt, plus 2 weeks entension of stay for seller. It'll be 5.5 months of wait for me.

You are considered lucky that your seller didn't demand 2 - 3 months extension of stay after 2nd appt. This happened to some in the forum, so they have to wait 7 - 9 months before they get their keys! :(

You can make use of the few months wait to look for a reliable ID/Contractor and think of designs for your home ;)

Edited by forgotten

I also waited for 16weeks for my 1st appt, plus 2 weeks entension of stay for seller. It'll be 5.5 months of wait for me.

You are considered lucky that your seller didn't demand 2 - 3 months extension of stay after 2nd appt. This happened to some in the forum, so they have to wait 7 - 9 months before they get their keys! :(

You can make use of the few months wait to look for a reliable ID/Contractor and think of designs for your home ;)

thats what happened to me. 3 mths wait for 1st appt. add another 2 mths for 2nd appt. and another 6 weeks extended stay...

thats what happened to me. 3 mths wait for 1st appt. add another 2 mths for 2nd appt. and another 6 weeks extended stay...

But actually you can decline their request of extension right? Why didnt you? :(

I was flatly declined by my buyer to grant me extension! After I tried to negotiate, they agreed to give me extension but they demand a rental of 3k per month! That's daylight robbery! So, might as well forget it. Some people just want to burn bridges....i got nothing to say....

sadly, this is normal...duno why they need this long rite? sigh...

my agent submitted on 10 Nov 09 and my 1st appt date was 22 Feb 10 !

Seller and myself wanted everytin to be done soon, so we called and wrote into to HDB to appeal and got a earlier date (13 Jan 10).

U can ask ur agent to do it for u, but....u will need the seller to agree wif u too !

I have got the appointment dated 23rd Mar after signing my OTP around late Nov. Both the seller and me are trying to get an earlier date, wrote in to appeal, pending outcome. Hopefully, I am as lucky as you.

Edited by Habitat

But actually you can decline their request of extension right? Why didnt you? :(

I was flatly declined by my buyer to grant me extension! After I tried to negotiate, they agreed to give me extension but they demand a rental of 3k per month! That's daylight robbery! So, might as well forget it. Some people just want to burn bridges....i got nothing to say....

after viewing 40+ units and finding a unit that we loved in prime location, we feel that its worth the wait. :D

my seller will not sell us their place if we do not agree to the extension.

our wait to get our key is some 6mths. i just hope that they keep their end of the agreement to take good care of our place.

we will move in our house after 7 months !! seller are staying extra 3 months at $1/month rent !! feel crazy sometime to agree with this stupid agreement!!!!

we will move in our house after 7 months !! seller are staying extra 3 months at $1/month rent !! feel crazy sometime to agree with this stupid agreement!!!!

$1/mth rental. That's crazy

Don't let my seller read this.

They request to extend 3 mth stay and we charge them market rate. They agree.

3mth for 1st appointment

6 wk for 2nd appointment

3 mth for extend stay

I need to wait for 8 mths , hahaha

BTW, check with you. During the extend stay, can the seller don't close the PUB account during 2nd appointment? Wait until they shift out then close?

Can or not?

$1/mth rental. That's crazy

Don't let my seller read this.

They request to extend 3 mth stay and we charge them market rate. They agree.

3mth for 1st appointment

6 wk for 2nd appointment

3 mth for extend stay

I need to wait for 8 mths , hahaha

BTW, check with you. During the extend stay, can the seller don't close the PUB account during 2nd appointment? Wait until they shift out then close?

Can or not?

can