Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eby

How Long Is The Wait From Submission To 1st Appointment?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
sorry but wouldn't collecting rent would then be breaking the law since you will be renting it out before min occupying period.

Technically, after 2nd appt, flat is rightfully your. Advised those experience this to impose and sign black & white rental agreemment with seller, in the beginning.

This is loophole for MOP, hopes HDB can patch up soon. Or if u got time & energy write to HDB/ST's forum to ask them to close the "hole". I think ST's forum is more influential.

In 2009, total resale transaction = 37,205, appro = 37,205/(365-104) = 142.5 cases/per day. HDB staff siao leh.

Edited by bepgof

BTW, check with you. During the extend stay, can the seller don't close the PUB account during 2nd appointment? Wait until they shift out then close?

Can or not?

for my case, my agent told me not to do anything. the PUB people will just transfer account based on our last day of occupancy. and true enough, we receieve a letter from PUB saying that the utilities will not be charged to us...

In 2009, total resale transaction = 37,205, appro = 37,205/(365-104) = 142.5 cases/per day. HDB staff siao leh.

Yes definitely more stressful for HDB staff! ST today reports that "Private home transactions - for both new and resale homes - jumped by more than 130 per cent last year".

Edited by forgotten

Technically, after 2nd appt, flat is rightfully your. Advised those experience this to impose and sign black & white rental agreemment with seller, in the beginning.

This is loophole for MOP, hopes HDB can patch up soon. Or if u got time & energy write to HDB/ST's forum to ask them to close the "hole". I think ST's forum is more influential.

Don't understand... so meaning if the NEW OWNER, who allows extension after completion, collects rent for the extension from the SELLER... it is illegal, isn't it? Only if they do not collect rent, then it will be legal?

Don't understand... so meaning if the NEW OWNER, who allows extension after completion, collects rent for the extension from the SELLER... it is illegal, isn't it? Only if they do not collect rent, then it will be legal?

Subletting a HDB unit in partial or full, for any consideration or out of sympathy reasons, in the first place, MUST report the names of "tenants" to HDB. Failing which and get caught, ho ho, then your name or even face will be the First to appear in the paper or TV. You want free advertisement?

This "hole" has to be patched up by HDB, suggest u write to HDB area office about your situation and ask for solution. Hope HBD's answer is to vacant the "illegal tenants" - who sell the house attached with "string" & this string is against the existing rule ! If u kind enough, just let it rest, if not happy about the "string", now is your chance to act.

Edited by bepgof

Hi,

Seller's agent just informed my agent that the 1st appointment is 6 April! She submitted yesterday.

Is this a little long?

We are about the same.Our Agent submited 6/7th Jan 10 and our 1st appt is 23 Mar 10.We wait till our neck grow long and still waiting now...............

We are about the same.Our Agent submited 6/7th Jan 10 and our 1st appt is 23 Mar 10.We wait till our neck grow long and still waiting now...............

Sama, sama here. Our agent submitted at the beginning of January and our 1st appointment is on 23 Mar 10 too.

Edited by summerflowers

My agent submission on 4th Jan 2010 and our 1st appt is on 25th March 2010, then my kolik is submitted on 20th Jan 2010 and their 1st appt is on 5th March 2010.

kolik asked how come ours is later than them?

wa a bit blurr also.....

my agent told me the waititng time for the 1st appointment can be up to 10 - 12 weeks, due to the high transaction in recent months. However, 2nd appoint won't take that long, at most 4 weeks.

any longer than that, is probably seller wanting to delay?

My experience to share:

1. Paid Option Fee SGD$1000 on 24/12/2009 Thursday - guess thats the best Christmas gift for both of us. Quite risky as there are 2 long weekend ahead Friday 25/12/2009 and 01/01/2010 and we had actual less than 10 working days to secure a LO from bank. The 14days to exercise OTP is inclusive of weekend and PH.

2. Paid SGD$4000 to exercise OTP on 02/01/2010 Saturday after we got LO from UOB bank, agent submit resales application on 04/01/2010 Monday. 1st appointment fixed on 25/03/2010 Thursday 1.15pm

3. Today went for 1st appt at HDB HUB, seller agree to fix the earliest date 4 weeks but my agent caution us to check with our lawyer. Called up legal firm and advice that 4 weeks is too rush and may not be process smoothly i.e CPF withdrawal may not be in time due to high transaction, is safer to fix for 6 weeks. If CPF not able to process and release on completion date then we have to dig out our own hard cold cash and later reimburse from CPF (which we do not want, boh lui liao)

4. Final completion date set on 06/05/2010 cun cun 6 weeks later. After 1st appt we went straight up to level 3 our legal firm and signed neccessary documents and given a post dated cheque 22/04/2010 to lawyer for our downpayment (COV+5% of valuation price). All other payment will be from CPF and agent fee by cheque payable to agent on completion date, lawyer will do the completion for us and we can go to collect key at office at 6.15pm after work. No need take leave.

We took bank loan, not HDB loan. I think is different if take HDB loan.

HDB website says the waiting time between 1st and 2nd appointment is 6-8 weeks... Recently, the fastest i have heard of is around 5 weeks.

If can, i also hope to wait 4 weeks only... hahaha :lol:

my agent told me the waititng time for the 1st appointment can be up to 10 - 12 weeks, due to the high transaction in recent months. However, 2nd appoint won't take that long, at most 4 weeks.

any longer than that, is probably seller wanting to delay?

I disagree with what your agent claimed. Instead of 4 weeks, it should be 8 weeks at most for 2nd appointment.

6 weeks to 8 weeks is the norm.

Even my friend who appealed for earlier completion date with her seller, was given 5 weeks for 2nd appointment

thats what happened to me. 3 mths wait for 1st appt. add another 2 mths for 2nd appt. and another 6 weeks extended stay...

When get the key already "Merry christmas & happy new year"!. Avoid reno 2 mnths b4 cny.

Edited by bepgof