Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lazydevil

Jalan Besar - Sinks, Taps And Etc

Does the $26 chrome pipe for bathroom sink include the angle bar as well?

I also bought all my sanitary stuff from Poh Seng, next to GR Link.

Initially I thought GR Link is cheap as recommended here....lucky went into Poh Seng.

ALPHA S100 heater at $160 each - bought 2.

1 piece toilet bowl $188 - bought 2.

Square toilet sink - $80 (managed to get free stopper $8 each from him as he reduced little in price) - bought 2

Rubine rain shower set now on promo at $195 (square head, not round). Original was $275 - bought 1

Even taps in Poh Seng is cheaper than GR Link by a few dollars.

But more expensive than Chan Weng Wah (Silat Ave shop recommended by Rondy) - sigh

Bought 1 kitchen POZZI tap and 1 bathroom POZZI tap as I have another bn bathroom tap from SSC.

Square plain bathroom mirror (locally made) - $12...IKEA selling at $25 for abt the same size - bought 2

I also bought stainless steel floor traps (6-inch) at $11 - bought 2

Chrome pipe for bathroom sink at $26 / set - bought 2

2 sets of bidet

Abt $1300 in total.

delivery was punctual and workers took goods care of the goods when they opened up for me to inspect.

Overall - good experience.

can issue check at delivery.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have heard of this "shop" in Jalan Besar which sells toilet accessories and etc for quite a cheap price.

Its near a bean curd stall...

Anyone has the address of this particular shop?? Can Share share? thanks..

i think u are referring to this shop..they are 3 shops in a row.

Eng Soon Huat hardware merchant. No 138/140/142 Jalan Besar.

is just behind the bus-stop.

I just went to Poh Seng during lunch time.

All their prices are quoted with GST and i was served by a guy who has average service quality. When i asked if the gst can be waived off, he said the prices are all inclusive of gst and they are resonably priced..

Was abit disappointed..Does anyone face this situation too? When we pay for the items at the counter, will the gst be really waived off?

P/S: The lady seem more approachable and friendly..Didnt manage to ask her abt the gst though..

I had also dropped by GR link, the sales (guess it's benny) was more more friendly and more willing to give advise..but price wise, it is few dollar more ex. The shop has slightly more elaborate design items..

Can someone share with me abt Poh Seng?

Yeah i also bought all my basins, toilet bowls, sinks, taps and etc from Poh Seng on this Sat. The boss is friendly and willing to share the experience and he will recommend good and not so expensive things from his shop. His prices are all cheaper than Poh Joo which forum mention Poh Joo is better, to me Poh Joo is very messy and a lot of new staffs who is not experienced . Their price cannot make it also... So if you want to buy things go to check from Poh Joo and u WILL BUY FROM POH SENG !!!! I went to both the shops ....

Seem so different from my experience today..who is the boss? Forgot to get their namecard..

All their prices are quoted with GST and i was served by a guy who has average service quality. When i asked if the gst can be waived off, he said the prices are all inclusive of gst and they are resonably priced..

Was abit disappointed..Does anyone face this situation too? When we pay for the items at the counter, will the gst be really waived off?

P/S: The lady seem more approachable and friendly..Didnt manage to ask her abt the gst though..

I had also dropped by GR link, the sales (guess it's benny) was more more friendly and more willing to give advise..but price wise, it is few dollar more ex. The shop has slightly more elaborate design items..

I got my MBR basin,tap,storage heater and bathroom accessories from Poh Seng..i think they've so many customers and wont entertain u much one esp on a weekend..so we help ourselves to go there 2-3xs to see see before confirming..n browsing thru the stuff ourselves..their attitude is like they want u to place the order immediately..actually they wud disc the price from the displayed price one so it doest really matter got GST or nt..

Do ur research by walking ard n noting the prices..i got my kitchen sink and tap fr Poh Joo as was cheaper there..u'll b surprised u can save quite a bit..

I got my MBR basin,tap,storage heater and bathroom accessories from Poh Seng..i think they've so many customers and wont entertain u much one esp on a weekend..so we help ourselves to go there 2-3xs to see see before confirming..n browsing thru the stuff ourselves..their attitude is like they want u to place the order immediately..actually they wud disc the price from the displayed price one so it doest really matter got GST or nt..

Do ur research by walking ard n noting the prices..i got my kitchen sink and tap fr Poh Joo as was cheaper there..u'll b surprised u can save quite a bit..

That is different from my experience.

I got my toilet bars and small accessories from Poh Seng. Very nice service from the lady even though the items may not amount to much. Also got a discounted price from what's listed, though not alot. The best part is - I did not even ask for it because I thought paiseh to ask since amount is not big!

GR link, though, is the shop I got most of my stuff. I think can't really compare prices here, bc I find GR's products abit classier than Poh Seng's? Hence cost abit more. But that's just my opinion after shopping almost the whole stretch of jln besar from poh joo to chuan heng.

Hi bro,

GR link's manager, benny is a very nice friendly guy and I have bought many things from him. For price wise, you can bargain with him and the best part is if you found the same product elsewhere in Jln Besar is cheaper...just inform him and he give you the same price. Of cos' if his price is cheaper than just keep quiet and buy from him la.

Btw, If you happen to buy thing from Benny, just told him that you are recommended by James & Michelle and I'm sure he will give you special or better rate compare to other..hehehe.

Edited by Flatster

Hi bro,

GR link's manager, benny is a very nice friendly guy and I have bought many things from him. For price wise, you can bargain with him and the best part is if you found the same product elsewhere in Jln Besar is cheaper...just inform him and he give you the same price. Of cos' if his price is cheaper than just keep quiet and buy from him la.

ha ha, couldn't agree more. That's why we ended up most of our stuff from them too!

Hi bro,

Btw, If you happen to buy thing from Benny, just told him that you are recommended by James & Michelle and I'm sure he will give you special or better rate compare to other..hehehe.

Thank you so much for the TIPS.

:P

Hi bro,

Hi Flatser,

I have ordered the ferroli 30L storage heater from benny today after spending 2 hours walking around jalan besar comparing each of their selling price indeed GR is slightly cheaper.

Thanks for the tips.

Edited by Builder

Don't mention...we are here to share good lobang N save some buck out of it :D !

Hi Flatster ;

I heard of them quite often and by the way do they sell bathroom products ? I looking for a brand M.MIQ as i heard that their Kitchen Mixer are good , Very solid .

Do you have their Phone Number /

thanks alot

KM

Hi Flatster ;

I heard of them quite often and by the way do they sell bathroom products ? I looking for a brand M.MIQ as i heard that their Kitchen Mixer are good , Very solid .

Do you have their Phone Number /

thanks alot

KM

Hi KM,

Yes, GR link selling many type of bathroom products includes closet, sink, basin, taps..etc. If Benny don't carry the product brand that you want, he can still search for you but you need to provide him the brand and the model number.

Their address and info;

GR Link Marketing

Benny - Manager

Hp: 96173926

No 155 Jalan Besar

Tel : 63981589/62961297

Regards.

James

My experience is different from the rest...

Everyone here recommend PS, I went there, boss is friendly and very knowledgeable, keep bla bla bla bla bla non-stop, ok I guess he's being friendly.

I asked for hood, sink, heater, drawer basket, all items he quoted me once and keep sticking to the price and never care to discount a single cents...saying the price is nett, very good, they order from factory direct... bla bla bla... Since I'm not in hurry and forget to bring my cheque book, oh yeah, no credit card payment too, so intend to go back next day (Sunday).

Since going to PS I need to pass by Poh Joo, so I drop by and check the prices... Oh! Luckily I forget to bring my cheque book yesterday and today I got a real bargain and now no need cheque book! Can pay by credit card without extra charges. For the same Stainless steel pull-out basket, same brand, same model, same design, same....., PJ is selling $15 cheaper then PS, the hood I also get lower. And to my pleasant surprise, the boss also give me a final discount of the total amount! UNlike PS, die die cannot even less a single cent!