Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lazydevil

Jalan Besar - Sinks, Taps And Etc

I also bought all my sanitary stuff from Poh Seng, next to GR Link.

Initially I thought GR Link is cheap as recommended here....lucky went into Poh Seng.

ALPHA S100 heater at $160 each - bought 2.

1 piece toilet bowl $188 - bought 2.

Square toilet sink - $80 (managed to get free stopper $8 each from him as he reduced little in price) - bought 2

Rubine rain shower set now on promo at $195 (square head, not round). Original was $275 - bought 1

Even taps in Poh Seng is cheaper than GR Link by a few dollars.

But more expensive than Chan Weng Wah (Silat Ave shop recommended by Rondy) - sigh

Bought 1 kitchen POZZI tap and 1 bathroom POZZI tap as I have another bn bathroom tap from SSC.

Square plain bathroom mirror (locally made) - $12...IKEA selling at $25 for abt the same size - bought 2

I also bought stainless steel floor traps (6-inch) at $11 - bought 2

Chrome pipe for bathroom sink at $26 / set - bought 2

2 sets of bidet

Abt $1300 in total.

delivery was punctual and workers took goods care of the goods when they opened up for me to inspect.

Overall - good experience.

can issue check at delivery.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I remember once i made a mistake for the mounting holes for the WC toilet, after 2 weeks later my contractor told my wife that we bought worng measurment for our toilets seats. Lucky for us we did up front tell the sale in charge that is it possible to have a replacement due to my incorrect of measurment. The sale said call him n he will see what he can do within his limits.

hmmm i went poh seng (besides GR Link) the other day.. the lady boss is very friendly and nice. Prices reasonable as well.

Im wondering if Poh Seng is the same as Poh Joo?

Where is Poh Joo?? I checked the website and the address shown is 159 Jln Besar.. that is now 7-Eleven!! This is how I chanced upon Poh Seng.

prices at Poh Seng are definitely lower than those around like GR Link, Eng Soon Huat etc.

unfortunately, i only found out last week after buying all my stuff from Eng Soon Huat. regret like ****. Poh Seng makes a marketing mistake by having all their price labels with GST prominently highlighted. the final price they charge actually do NOT include that GST. why do they scare off customers like that???

strangely their business appears quite poor compared to the other shops, despite the lower prices.

anyway, i will be heading Poh Seng to buy my dish rack tomorrow.

prices at Poh Seng are definitely lower than those around like GR Link, Eng Soon Huat etc.

unfortunately, i only found out last week after buying all my stuff from Eng Soon Huat. regret like ****. Poh Seng makes a marketing mistake by having all their price labels with GST prominently highlighted. the final price they charge actually do NOT include that GST. why do they scare off customers like that???

strangely their business appears quite poor compared to the other shops, despite the lower prices.

personally, I am not impressed with poo joh. Their customers service is extremely good before you purchase but after purchase:

1) I call them just on the dot before they knock off to do delivery a few days later. The boss pick up phone and say his worker left already, tell me to call tomorrow and just hang up.

2) I call the next day and ask for delivery when they told me got no stock. Before I pay, they promise 100% guarantee got stock because once I paid deposit, they will actually buy and stock in their shop so confirm chop got stock. Haha! See what happen

3) Before purchase, everything can, after purchase, this cannot, that cannot.

Haha!

Edited by htng

Yeah, when I first did my window shopping, i saw the price tag on poh seng and i immediately walked out.

when i finally did my shopping, luckily i asked poh seng before I almost bought my things next door at GR Link and found Poh Seng cheaper.

I just bought some of my stuff from POh seng yesterday. and ya, they left the GST prices on the tag but do no actually charge you GST. perhaps that could be their strategy so that when u start bargain, they would claim to have given you discount through the GST. my 5cents worth. but then their prices are truely reasonable, as for after sales services and delivery, it would be for me to find out next. =)

Yeah, when I first did my window shopping, i saw the price tag on poh seng and i immediately walked out.

when i finally did my shopping, luckily i asked poh seng before I almost bought my things next door at GR Link and found Poh Seng cheaper.

Their price tag are just a listed price for your guide. I always ask for the actual price from the lady there. Quoted price is always lower than listed. I got a number of items from them too. Their pricing are indeed competitive!

personally, I am not impressed with poo joh. Their customers service is extremely good before you purchase but after purchase:

1) I call them just on the dot before they knock off to do delivery a few days later. The boss pick up phone and say his worker left already, tell me to call tomorrow and just hang up.

2) I call the next day and ask for delivery when they told me got no stock. Before I pay, they promise 100% guarantee got stock because once I paid deposit, they will actually buy and stock in their shop so confirm chop got stock. Haha! See what happen

3) Before purchase, everything can, after purchase, this cannot, that cannot.

Haha!

just to clarify, you refering to poh JOO or poh SENG? coz my post was refering to poh SENG......

Yeah i also bought all my basins, toilet bowls, sinks, taps and etc from Poh Seng on this Sat. The boss is friendly and willing to share the experience and he will recommend good and not so expensive things from his shop. His prices are all cheaper than Poh Joo which forum mention Poh Joo is better, to me Poh Joo is very messy and a lot of new staffs who is not experienced . Their price cannot make it also... So if you want to buy things go to check from Poh Joo and u WILL BUY FROM POH SENG !!!! I went to both the shops ....

been checking out the prices few weeks back at Jln Besar

i think PS shop look a little 'posh' as compare to GR link - at first abit reluctant to go in

but still GR link gave me a better price as compare to PS on bath room accessories and etc..

however did check out the hob and hood from PS, the price can still less 15%

but not sure about prices from GAB or the shop in AMK

been checking out the prices few weeks back at Jln Besar

i think PS shop look a little 'posh' as compare to GR link - at first abit reluctant to go in

but still GR link gave me a better price as compare to PS on bath room accessories and etc..

however did check out the hob and hood from PS, the price can still less 15%

but not sure about prices from GAB or the shop in AMK

Did anyone try Adamas at unit 199 Jln Bersah?

Someone mentioned in this forum that its prices are competitive.

I saw a mirror cabinet (600x600x130) on its site that i fancied, emailed for price & reply was prompt - $185.

Ikea's mirror cabinet is btw $100 (low end) to $299 (high end)

Did anyone try Adamas at unit 199 Jln Bersah?

Someone mentioned in this forum that its prices are competitive.

I saw a mirror cabinet (600x600x130) on its site that i fancied, emailed for price & reply was prompt - $185.

Ikea's mirror cabinet is btw $100 (low end) to $299 (high end)

Bought Toto toilet bowls from them. Price quite competitive. Can bargain for a good price if you have done your homework and shop around.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where is Poh Seng, cos i check internet it gives me the address of 153 Jalan Besar.

I went to search Street DB, it shows the image shop name is Poh Joo. Are they the same?

Bought Toto toilet bowls from them. Price quite competitive. Can bargain for a good price if you have done your homework and shop around.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where is Poh Seng, cos i check internet it gives me the address of 153 Jalan Besar.

I went to search Street DB, it shows the image shop name is Poh Joo. Are they the same?

Address 153 used to be Poh Joo. I used to buy my oven and stuff from there. After several years, I went back, suddenly became Poh Seng. I went in ask is it same as PohJoo, that women tried to smoke me then I left.

It gives me a feeling of Nike having a imitation name called (Nikee) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't think they're related. PohJoo have shifted to the inner corner, see their website for maps (add ____.com.sg)

Edited by hihihi