Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

went along Balestier yesterday night to have a look around for ideas for my bathroom and kitchen accessories...wanted to go Indulge as recommended by some but close down liao :(

went into one shop, can't rmb the name of the shop (name card with hubby) and the lady was very helpful and friendly. recommended the WC/basin set at $308 but I rmb seeing somewhere people got theirs at cheaper price. saqw a waterfall tap that I like, solid, nice and cheap (price was approx $180 per tap before discount). Will upload once i load into photobucket...hopefully can find it elsewhere at even cheaper price. my industrial tap was soooooooooooo expensive there. She was selling at $428...went into Asia Excel and he was selling $399...will call back ?Hoe Kee and check again.

but one good thing is I decided on my hob and hood though I have not order. I will buy Hobz brand for both as I like the outlook and best thing, the burner is suitable for wok cooking...fire big enough. Asia Excel told me if compare Cuizino, Cuizino fire is smaller therefore more suitable for flat pan cooking. Me a wok person more lah so it's going to be Hobz for me. main point to make me change my mind from Techno to Hobz is the... PRICE. hobz is much cheaper with more trendy look and also offering the lifetime warranty on Tempered Glass. ok so now is to find the one shop which offers the items i wan with the price which I'm ok then I will buy all within the shop. :D

Zelly, same same as u....apacadl

LOL! true blue SGer ah! :D Now got time go see loh, anyway the worse u go run to JB and get them. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
but one good thing is I decided on my hob and hood though I have not order. I will buy Hobz brand for both as I like the outlook and best thing, the burner is suitable for wok cooking...fire big enough. Asia Excel told me if compare Cuizino, Cuizino fire is smaller therefore more suitable for flat pan cooking. Me a wok person more lah so it's going to be Hobz for me. main point to make me change my mind from Techno to Hobz is the... PRICE. hobz is much cheaper with more trendy look and also offering the lifetime warranty on Tempered Glass. ok so now is to find the one shop which offers the items i wan with the price which I'm ok then I will buy all within the shop. :D

If you are a wok person and wants a big fire, you should consider rinnai inner flame. It comes with a higher price tag. You can see the review here http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/2...ology_1156.html

For me, I opt for the cheaper version, Fujioh spiral flame. The fire is definitely very strong.

LOL! true blue SGer ah! :D Now got time go see loh, anyway the worse u go run to JB and get them. :P

talk to boss liao...he still dun support buying from JB :(

some more MIL and SIL also discourage me to do so... :(

Hi

The hood, r u considering the "oil container" type, I think from Fujioh and Fujiton. Some say these are good when ppl do lots of wok cooking, aka my mum.....

I brought my wife to look/see in Hoe Kee(Katong) when we happen to be there....she seemed convinced by the sales-lady though they have Fujioh only. Only thing look factor not there....:)

If you are a wok person and wants a big fire, you should consider rinnai inner flame. It comes with a higher price tag. You can see the review here http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/2...ology_1156.html

For me, I opt for the cheaper version, Fujioh spiral flame. The fire is definitely very strong.

yeah, i read abt rinnai and fujioh...but hobz is cheaper :notti: and for both shops (by the way, Asia Excel dun carry Hobz) they say Hobz is comparable in terms of the fire strength. best thing wok support is cast iron which rinnai is not.

Hi

The hood, r u considering the "oil container" type, I think from Fujioh and Fujiton. Some say these are good when ppl do lots of wok cooking, aka my mum.....

I brought my wife to look/see in Hoe Kee(Katong) when we happen to be there....she seemed convinced by the sales-lady though they have Fujioh only. Only thing look factor not there....:)

at first i was attracted to the oil container thingy but there are some reviews saying it's useless and it will smelly after a while. I will give it a pass. BTW, Hobz has a slim line version which has suction power of 1000m3/hr which u normally only see in chimmney hood. Plus point if u dun wan chimmney hood but wan the power. :good:

http://www.hobz.com.sg/HOOD/cooker%20hood%20catalogue.pdf

This is my potential common toilet tap

IMG_02021.jpg

This is my potential MBR waterfall tap

IMG_02011.jpg

anyone seen this waterfall tap before? pls let me know...i wan to compare price. :P

Edited by samgalz

omg! u let goro eat this stuff??? u be careful goro dun drop all his hair/fur

haha...of coz not la! i disturb the teh kor man only..:disturb:

Goro will only kaypoh when im eating something but if i put in front of him he only sniff then turn his head and sit in his corner ler... :rolleyes:

talk to boss liao...he still dun support buying from JB :(

some more MIL and SIL also discourage me to do so... :(

Lol...steady ah ur boss aka uncle hubby...:bleah:

i no need to convince him he share same mindset as me ler...wahahaha...:P

This is my potential common toilet tap

anyone seen this waterfall tap before? pls let me know...i wan to compare price. :P

the first one like some phaellic object leh...hahaha...:notti:

i like both tho...how much ah Samy jie?

i did asked for waterfall taps when shopping but what Desmond and Benny told me was waterfall taps NOT PSB or is it PUB(?) approved! so if anything got problem, they need to come into ur flat to check, see waterfall taps, might have big hoo-haa sia...not sure if it applies to all waterfall taps coz the one i asked was the clear glass one..:unsure:

Anyone else heard this??

the first one like some phaellic object leh...hahaha...:notti:

i like both tho...how much ah Samy jie?

i did asked for waterfall taps when shopping but what Desmond and Benny told me was waterfall taps NOT PSB or is it PUB(?) approved! so if anything got problem, they need to come into ur flat to check, see waterfall taps, might have big hoo-haa sia...not sure if it applies to all waterfall taps coz the one i asked was the clear glass one..:unsure:

Anyone else heard this??

it's PSB....this one also i think not being sent for approval. but looks fine leh. anyway the clear glass one i saw before, dun like. find the "joystick" for turning on the water is very flimsy....prefer this one cos solid lah.

price for the waterfall tap is $180 and the phaellic tap is $128...all before discount. :notti: hope to find somewhere even cheaper...haha

If you're going for any other shopping, can you help to scout for tall tap?

I need to change my MBR tap. The water output is very pathetic :(

price for the waterfall tap is $180 and the phaellic tap is $128...all before discount. :notti: hope to find somewhere even cheaper...haha

oh...more ex then mine then. but i didnt buy the waterfall type. just normal one for common toilet.

tried poh joo and GR Link yet?

If you're going for any other shopping, can you help to scout for tall tap?

I need to change my MBR tap. The water output is very pathetic

whats the budget for the tall tap u looking at? Current one also tall? bought from whr?

whats the budget for the tall tap u looking at? Current one also tall? bought from whr?

Current tap is a tall one bought from GR Link around $70-80... max budget shd be ard $100++

Very upset with the tap, it's making the whole sink not usable.

oh...more ex then mine then. but i didnt buy the waterfall type. just normal one for common toilet.

tried poh joo and GR Link yet?

Wow...This is Anfield-very intimadating you know?

Speaking of water tap, could it be the problem not lies with the tap but the water pressure instead?