Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
El Nino_Al Nito

El Nino's Anfield

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
True that...but not all can be in black and white.

Imagine, prior to start of certain works, we have to stop for abit and wait for the black and white to be drafted then both parties sign in agreement and so forth...too much paper and trees wasted leh. :(

hahaha...end of the day, trust, patience and understanding very important ingredients in reno! :)

Agree. Not everything can be stated in black and white. If there was an intention to cheat in the first place, so what if everything had already been stated in black and white? And yes, we are governed and maybe protected by the law but if there is any screw up arising from a transaction, there can only be one outcome-more resources will be expended in the process.

Trust and Understanding go hand in hand and I think biz people (contractors in this context) appreciate this relationship.

Cheers.

HDB Structural Eye-Sore

IMG_0171.jpg

See that TV point (apparently this airs malaysian and indonesian channels) between the wheel barrow and stacks of cement?

Well this apparently runs from top to bottom in my block and it was situated right in front of the main door. HDB could have designed it by putting it behind the door or closer to a pillar or what but nooo...the smart alec who built this decided to put right in front of the door. Is he trying to prove a point? Maybe back in the 80s, having a TV is a luxury and the first thing u want visitors to ur house to see when u open the door is the tv point.....and a tv cable running to ur TV? :dunno:

Not acceptable! :curse:

I asked Mr Yeak to remove that but he said cant coz otherwise, the flats above me cant view the channels. I was thinking who'd be viewing those channels but i decided to be a goody2 neighbour and not force the issue. Box it up then i told him. Can be done, thankfully. Phew! :sport-smiley-004:

Lets see what it looks like after the box up...:rolleyes:

Preparing the base for box up of ugly TV point

IMG_0305.jpg

Ugly TV Point No More...

IMG_0382.jpg

Wah, u do a big box up just to cover that wiring??? If me, I will d/c the whole block, dont think anyone watching. wahaha :bleah:

el gor, everything coming up nicely. so when will HO be?

Yeah, hope it continues nicely till the end. :D

Not sure, but i told Mr Yeak, must HO a few days before World Cup starts. :sport-smiley-004:

We abit delayed now waiting for the bathtub's arrival. Hope its worth our wait. :)

hey nino... i have a copy of that "this is anfield" poster with signatures of Gerrard Houllier and micheal owen.... interested?

:o...that traitor?!?! :no:

nah, thanks for the offer but no thanks...nothing related to owen shall grace my home! :bleah:

nah, thanks for the offer but no thanks...nothing related to owen shall grace my home! :bleah:

haha that's why am trying to get rid mah!! actually got other players like didi hamman, got the sigs when the team was here after the treble

haha that's why am trying to get rid mah!! actually got other players like didi hamman, got the sigs when the team was here after the treble

Wah... u liverpool fan also ah? :drunk:

good orh...want to get rid dump it on me...haha...:P

ahhh...the treble...good ol' days...but then GH reign went downhill from there. :(

same situation now. :bangwall:

well said el nino! :rofl:

Edited by lilithfiend

Agree. Not everything can be stated in black and white. If there was an intention to cheat in the first place, so what if everything had already been stated in black and white? And yes, we are governed and maybe protected by the law but if there is any screw up arising from a transaction, there can only be one outcome-more resources will be expended in the process.

Trust and Understanding go hand in hand and I think biz people (contractors in this context) appreciate this relationship.

Cheers.

hah...well said bro England. Totally agree. :good:

read somewhere, u confirmed ur contractor...?

Can start building ur Wembley soon eh? :D

Wah, u do a big box up just to cover that wiring??? If me, I will d/c the whole block, dont think anyone watching. wahaha :bleah:

*ALERT*

er.....potential inconsiderate neighbour in the midst? :o

good luck to all Choa Chu Kang dwellers...:bleah:

box up better and safer la. sekali, ppl complain then HDB come and check, see my flat with the wiring removed how?? 8|

Wah... u liverpool fan also ah? :drunk:

good orh...want to get rid dump it on me...haha...:P

ahhh...the treble...good ol' days...but then GH reign went downhill from there. :(

same situation now. :bangwall:

no lah, not dump, but cannot just throw away mah... but don't think i will have the walls to put it up in my new place, so better give to a fellow red mah!

well said el nino! :rofl:

yeah, but think of where and what he is doing now! he got what he deserved!!! getting splinters in his backside on the bench!!! hey.. you coming to pick up the switches?

yeah, but think of where and what he is doing now! he got what he deserved!!! getting splinters in his backside on the bench!!! hey.. you coming to pick up the switches?

hey patsy, i met up with my electrician last weekend, it seems he'll be providing us with the switches..so no need to take yours liao.. :P thanks though!

hey patsy, i met up with my electrician last weekend, it seems he'll be providing us with the switches..so no need to take yours liao.. :P thanks though!

Ok! good of your electrician! then i need to find a new home for the MK switches, wasted to throw away!!

Ok! good of your electrician! then i need to find a new home for the MK switches, wasted to throw away!!

yes yes don't throw away..i'm sure there are others who would want it!

think i must make a separate post from my blog.. i think i'm the only one who visits and post iin the blog lor.. my friend say no one wants free can try to sell! haha