Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

sianz.. i headed down to YES electrical today, for the same instant shower that you have bought, he quoted me RM$450. Even after I told him its not that much, he only reduced the price a little.

Not a very honest place to be buying stuff from.. Rather get from Kong Tai even if it means paying a little more.

Does he have ready stock ? Cause I tried to call but everytime, nobody pick up the phone .

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

u hiding ur wireless router in the cabinet? the reach will be severely reduced with the doors closed. i tried it at my parent's place. can't even cover half of a 4rm flat

Does he have ready stock ? Cause I tried to call but everytime, nobody pick up the phone .

Eh... Last time, I can get them anytime, try call them again around 10am. Stock wise I no very sure, normally I will cfm before going there.

u hiding ur wireless router in the cabinet? the reach will be severely reduced with the doors closed. i tried it at my parent's place. can't even cover half of a 4rm flat

Shouldn't be that bad bah. Let me try it out wif N-radio. =)

Initally, I got a Bekin N300 wireless router and this freak product is really disappointing! Signal is d@mn bad! Intermittent connectivity and signal strength to my 3 rm was like 1~2 bar, connection speed 30mbps, worse a G radio. NO MORE Belkin! Condemn! There are many negative feedback on similar issue too.

Then I bought another N300 Wireless router, TP-Link! I didn't put too much hope on it but just try my luck. The result is fantastic! 300Mbps constant connection and signal strength is like 4 out of 5 bar. I even place my DECT phone side by side with the router and the signal remains stable. Cheap and good china product, no complain on the $$ I paid.

Then reason why i didn't get well known brand, Linksys is because the "flat" model actually generates alot of heats and also had bad experience on Linksys G router. So.... I'm happy with TP-Link...

Edited by sunnytan31

It has been quite sometime I update my blog and would like to share some feedback I got during my mini House Warming. Invitees mostly are colleagues, friends and minority are relatives...

Let me start from negative feedback 1st

- Kitchen too small

- Too many fan, whole hse is like "floating"

- Too many switches

- Downlights producing too much heat (after hsewarming, I remove 1 x 18W tube =D)

- TV console and coffee table to0 dangerous (full glass, abit regret)

- TV for living room seems too small (46" small?) and TV for mbr too big (40")

- Balcony aka storeroom door not properly tinted or concealed

- Whole hse so "white" like christian hse (quoted by my Ah Ma! haha)

Positive feedback

- Big living rooms and bedroom, spacious and square

- Cosy kitchen design and classy for glass sliding door

- Bright and cooling dinning area

- Fans are mounted on ceiling, neat and cooling. KDK baby fan very cute.

- Every corner has 13A point, very convenient and lighting points save electric, don't need to on all downlights

- Good ideas to convert storeroom to walk in wardrobe and balcony to become store

- Good workmanship on flooring, shoes and kitchen cabinet

Afterall, everyone has our own likes and dislikes, nevertheless, regardless negative or positive feedback, this house is planned and designed by myself, on and off consult my ID for ideas. Lucky enough, he can delivery what I think, what I plan and what I want. :yamseng:

Initally, I got a Bekin N300 wireless router and this freak product is really disappointing! Signal is d@mn bad! Intermittent connectivity and signal strength to my 3 rm was like 1~2 bar, connection speed 30mbps, worse a G radio. NO MORE Belkin! Condemn! There are many negative feedback on similar issue too.

Then I bought another N300 Wireless router, TP-Link! I didn't put too much hope on it but just try my luck. The result is fantastic! 300Mbps constant connection and signal strength is like 4 out of 5 bar. I even place my DECT phone side by side with the router and the signal remains stable. Cheap and good china product, no complain on the $$ I paid.

Then reason why i didn't get well known brand, Linksys is because the "flat" model actually generates alot of heats and also had bad experience on Linksys G router. So.... I'm happy with TP-Link...

Your TPLink is also placed in the closet? No problems with the signal covering the entire unit?

Your TPLink is also placed in the closet? No problems with the signal covering the entire unit?

Yes. Somemore my closet in built-in, meaning 3 side backing are concrete wall but the thing is my closet in the middle of my whole hse floorplan so that could be also 1 factor. My wifi was placed abt my 1.8m above ground, my 3rd room is abt 10m away and my PC, with TP-Link PCI N300 Card is on the floor. 4 out of 5 bar, constant 300mbps. Speedtest.net result, 9 out of 10 test hit above my max speed.

TL-WR841N (300Mbps Wireless N Router)

TL-WR841N.gif

TL-WN851N (300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter )

TL-WN851N.gif

Edited by sunnytan31

From my personal experience with Belkin, not sure abt other owners but the followings are the problems I faced.

With the same placement of my router, PC (TP-Link N300 PCI) and wifi settings, mentioned in previous post, connecting...

1) Wireless to my PC and LAN to my notebook, "ping 165.21.83.88 -t" (singtel dns) out of 20 pings 7 time-out. Speedtest.net, download speed inconsistent and hardly hit max speed.

2) Wireless alone, "ping 165.21.83.88 -t" (singtel dns) out of 20 pings 18 time-out, equivalent Zero. Can't even load speedtest.net page BUT once LAN connected, result same as (1)

3) LAN alone, result same as (1)

4) Laptop connect LAN straight to modem, perfect result from speedtest.net so...

Above result tested same in Belkin F5D8236-4 and F7D2301 but F7D2301 signal strength is the worst! I even tested using a Realtek USB N150 dongle, same result.

F5D8236-4, 3 of 5 bar, speed 45mbps

F7D2301, 2 of 5 bar, speed 30mbps

(What a N router!)

DO NOT TRY and AVOID Belkini especially these models below....

Belkin F5D8236-4 N Router (Sent to Service Centre for RMA)

STD1_F5D8236-4.jpg

Belkin F7D2301 Surf N Router (RMA from Service Centre)

STD2_F7D2301.jpg

Edited by sunnytan31

Haiz.... Staying in my new house less then 2mth, 2 out of 14 Philips PLL 36W Tube gone!! Excellent QC man, PRC product.

Now I got 2 Liyoda tude, I think is from Taiwan. Let see how long is can last.

Anyway, last time in my parent's place, I bought 2 x 40W circular Liyoda Tube and it lasted for 4yrs. Everyday on at least for 6 hours...

Hi Sunnytan31,

Nice place you've got..

Im also shifting into JW, however it will be at 65x.

Through ur recommendation, ive went down to Gek poh shopping centre to look look see see at the lever lock.

Did you install the lock yourself or get your contractor to do it?

Edited by mich clare

Haiz.... Staying in my new house less then 2mth, 2 out of 14 Philips PLL 36W Tube gone!! Excellent QC man, PRC product.

Now I got 2 Liyoda tude, I think is from Taiwan. Let see how long is can last.

Anyway, last time in my parent's place, I bought 2 x 40W circular Liyoda Tube and it lasted for 4yrs. Everyday on at least for 6 hours...

err. actually ur not supposed to use the bulb for 4 yrs. supposed to change them yearly. since there is some degradation involved. not good for the eyes

Hi Sunnytan31,

Nice place you've got..

Im also shifting into JW, however it will be at 65x.

Through ur recommendation, ive went down to Gek poh shopping centre to look look see see at the lever lock.

Did you install the lock yourself or get your contractor to do it?

wow. another jurong west 6xx. im at 66x. close neighbours. the lever lock actually quite easy to DIY but if you're not technically inclined. better get the contractor to do it

wow. another jurong west 6xx. im at 66x. close neighbours. the lever lock actually quite easy to DIY but if you're not technically inclined. better get the contractor to do it

Neighbours...

Im definately not a techincal person. However my contractor is gonna charge me if he is fixing it for me as his is also outsourced. Hence thought of getting a lock smith to do it. But also need abt $80/pc for the lock n labor, total have to do 3. All in all $240. Reasonable?