Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Neighbours...

Im definately not a techincal person. However my contractor is gonna charge me if he is fixing it for me as his is also outsourced. Hence thought of getting a lock smith to do it. But also need abt $80/pc for the lock n labor, total have to do 3. All in all $240. Reasonable?

Hi, welcome to Jurong West....

Wah, $240 to me is high lar but I not sure abt the labour cost, mine was, I changed all my bedroom doors excluding knob and they install my knobs and door magnetic foc...

Edited by sunnytan31

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
err. actually ur not supposed to use the bulb for 4 yrs. supposed to change them yearly. since there is some degradation involved. not good for the eyes

Actually time flies hardly we will bother abt how long we used, instead we change when it burnt... Normally bulb lifespan is abt a year or so but the Liyoda circular tube really impression me... =)

Edited by sunnytan31

I really need to condemn either Philips PLL 36W tube or Lights from Lightnings.com.

Cowz, last night, 2 tubes burnt again, fxxk!! Total to date is 4 out of 17 tubes within 2mths.

Can anyone advise, could it be balast problem?

I really need to condemn either Philips PLL 36W tube or Lights from Lightnings.com.

Cowz, last night, 2 tubes burnt again, fxxk!! Total to date is 4 out of 17 tubes within 2mths.

Can anyone advise, could it be balast problem?

Question: Is it the same downlight that spoil each time or different location?

Question: Is it the same downlight that spoil each time or different location?

The thing is different, btw is not downlight, is those rectangular ceiling lights.

Out of curioursity, I took 1 spoilt 36W tube and dismantle the connector portion and to my surprised, I saw 4 greenish corroded wires. @_@

However, no conclusion why it burnt sooo fast, all I can say is Philips lousy QC.

The thing is different, btw is not downlight, is those rectangular ceiling lights.

Out of curioursity, I took 1 spoilt 36W tube and dismantle the connector portion and to my surprised, I saw 4 greenish corroded wires. @_@

However, no conclusion why it burnt sooo fast, all I can say is Philips lousy QC.

Actually I means is it from the same light, if not, it is not the balast problem. From what you are saying, the light tube have problems. Nowaday, the Philips tube is made in china, I think. The best is to get tube that is made in japan if possible.

Actually I means is it from the same light, if not, it is not the balast problem. From what you are saying, the light tube have problems. Nowaday, the Philips tube is made in china, I think. The best is to get tube that is made in japan if possible.

where to find tubes that is MIJ?

Haha... Ya man... Even is MIJ, it shd be quite ex, furthermore I will wonder, is it really from Jap?

For my case, can I say I gotten "fake" philips tubes or philips has lousy QC or just tubes from lightings.com.sg is lousy?

Haha... Ya man... Even is MIJ, it shd be quite ex, furthermore I will wonder, is it really from Jap?

For my case, can I say I gotten "fake" philips tubes or philips has lousy QC or just tubes from lightings.com.sg is lousy?

haaaaa.....even the ah-no-neh tubes like panasonic and toshiba are all MIC liao wor....

Think no harm complaining to lightings n see what they can do. If not wrong they give 90 days warranty.

Edited by neubie

haaaaa.....even the ah-no-neh tubes like panasonic and toshiba are all MIC liao wor....

Think no harm complaining to lightings n see what they can do. If not wrong they give 90 days warranty.

Ya hor, 90 days warranty but does it covers light tube? Sh|t i threw all 4 spoilt away liao... =S

Btw, for lightings warranty claims, do I need to send in or they will deliver to doorstep?

I know the circular 40W or 32W made in Japan can be found, I think the Hitachi or Panasonic brand have it. Not sure the PLL 36W have or not. For my house, I strick to the circular tube because it is easily to buy. Pricewise not sure which one is cheaper. I guess the circular one bah... :)

Dealer name : YES Electrical Supply

Address : 22, Jln Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80050 Johor Bahru, Johor.

Phone : 07- 3339900

Wow, that's really a lot of fans! Your house must be very cooling now! :D the baby fans cost RM315 each? And you install them yourself! Hats off man!

Wow, that's really a lot of fans! Your house must be very cooling now! :D the baby fans cost RM315 each? And you install them yourself! Hats off man!

Ya, comments from frds are my hse seems like "floating".

Trust me, KDK baby fans are easy to install as compared to my 30" Elmark...

I know the circular 40W or 32W made in Japan can be found, I think the Hitachi or Panasonic brand have it. Not sure the PLL 36W have or not. For my house, I strick to the circular tube because it is easily to buy. Pricewise not sure which one is cheaper. I guess the circular one bah... :)

I ever thot of stick to circular lights (hamburger lamp) but due to the attractive PLL lights design and price, I decided to go for PLL lights.

Edited by sunnytan31

Hi everyone, I'm back to RenoTalk again. =D

Need to seek for advice and suggestion. Dated today, I have stayed in my new hse for 3mths and like I mentioned eariler Philips Tube gave my problems, till dated, 5 pieces burnt. Liyoda so far so good.

Ok straight to the point. I have identified 2 600x600 homo tiles with crack lines, 1 was at a corner with my shoe cabinet sitting on it (LL cannot be changed), another was in the middle of my LR. So my question is, shall I ask my ID to change the homo tile? My concern...

1) Of cos crack tile changed, psychologically feels better. =D

2) Changing 1 tile, I need to remove all my furnitures and after that mop and clean like !@#$%^&

Maybe would also like to share some defacts found during this 3mth.

1) Soild table top crack @ corner, ID immediately send solid table top team to fix. After that, I have to wash all kitchenware, windows grills, windows, toilet, things in cabinet, aiya everything... The dust created during the polishing is terrible, beyond my imagination...

2) Water leakage found @ my casement a/c opening. During the reno, I asked my ID to removed HDB original wooden frame and change it to a aluminium frame with fix glass panel. After that, conceal it with parition board. Who knows water slip in during downpour and again, after informing my ID, he arrange windows and glass team to fix for me. Removing the parition board causing my mbr a mess. Upon removing the metal frame and glass metal, then we realised they did not fix a rubber sealer and the metal frame. Cowz...

3) Wall cracks here and there.... I did not make a big fuss bcos many ppl saids resale flats are like tat...

4) Homo tiles crack as mentioned above.