Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi sunny!welcome back!

I wonder if u are perfectionist or not?if u are,i guess u will just find it very eye sore and wanted very much to get it change.haha..

But then the end result,u gotta be slave and clean up like ****,as u had experienced it before.

I didnt realised untill I add on a wall feature after months of staying at my new place,and immediately regretted how much dust it has created in my bedroom!

If u are not a perfectionist,i guess its good to just live with it.

I have been staying 2 years at my place and surely there are things getting dirty or spoled etc,

So i just have to live with it.

Like the wall will get dirtier,window ledge need constant wiping especially the white powder coated window frame highly need

good maintenance,The Mosiac cracked!Hafary wanted to get it change for me since its their mosiac problem,but i prefered to let the matter rest and live with it.

my door frame paint peel off caused by my hanger at the top of the door ledge,its unsightful,but i just let it be la.

Telling myself,new house eventually will also become old house,just like us..we will grow old one day,cant be help.

We just need constant maintainance to keep the cleaniness of our own place to make it safe for the family. :D

Thx for your sharing valuable views and comments. I know is not worth being a perfectionist as I can actually spent those being perfectionist time on other stuff. However I'm still uncertain whether to change or not to change. My heart tells me to change but my mind says don't change. Haha...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
As I mentioned earlier on the shop that my ID brought me to for bathroom accessories, stupid me blur blur go and buy 3 taps there (2 toilet sink taps + kitchen sink), costing me $281!!!!

The follow day, I went to Boon Lay Shopping Centre and bought 7 taps, exactly the same design as those I brought, at a total of $170.

3 Taps @ $281 (*** @ Tradehub)

7 Taps @ $170 (Raymond Lighting @ Boon Lay Shopping Centre)

Compare the differences...

These are the 7 Taps I bought...

SNC00183.jpg

Which shop is it at boon lay shopping center? U have the name of the shop?

Things bought (List 2)....

1) KDK Baby Fan 44" (A11YS) - 5 Pieces @ YES Electric, Msia --> RM1575 = S$679.00 [MBR , RMs & LF]

ceiling_fan_A11ysB.jpg

How is the wind power of A11YS???

Original quotation was $33k but after adding...

1) Doors work - due to the gap between flooring and doors - $200

2) Windows - decided to change all to Casement - $3700

3) 5ft Full Height shoe cabinet - $1150

4) Mosiac tiles addon in both toilets - $150

5) Concrete support @ kitchen area - $1100

6) Fix and conceal casement aircon opening with alumin frame and parition board - $150

And other miscellaneous addons, so till date the BOMB is $42k. @_@

sunnytan31,

what's the concrete support at kitchen area???

Which shop is it at boon lay shopping center? U have the name of the shop?

If I didn't rem wrongly the shop name is located at lv2, shop name is Raymond Lighting.

How is the wind power of A11YS???

After using for abt 5mth, there is pros and cons

Pros

- Looks "cute"

- Comes with remote

- Not as noisy as Elmark 48" ( of cos more wind = more noise)

Cons

- Max speed 3, Elmark 48" max speed 4

So conclusion, I'm happy with it now bcos i have 2 in my living room. If only 1, definitely not enough. =)

sunnytan31,

what's the concrete support at kitchen area???

Normally, ID will do wooden support for sink and stove which I think is ridiculous. Imagine wood under moist and wood under heat, what's the outcome?

Concrete support is as follow...

SNC00341-C.jpg

Completed Kitchen....

SNC00356.jpg

After using for abt 5mth, there is pros and cons

Pros

- Looks "cute"

- Comes with remote

- Not as noisy as Elmark 48" ( of cos more wind = more noise)

Cons

- Max speed 3, Elmark 48" max speed 4

So conclusion, I'm happy with it now bcos i have 2 in my living room. If only 1, definitely not enough. =)

Thanks for the review.. :yamseng:

Normally, ID will do wooden support for sink and stove which I think is ridiculous. Imagine wood under moist and wood under heat, what's the outcome?

Concrete support is as follow...

SNC00341-C.jpg

Completed Kitchen....

SNC00356.jpg

now i get it... :good:

I really need to condemn either Philips PLL 36W tube or Lights from Lightnings.com.

Cowz, last night, 2 tubes burnt again, fxxk!! Total to date is 4 out of 17 tubes within 2mths.

Can anyone advise, could it be balast problem?

UPDATE!!!

Till date, total of 8 tubes burnt, out of 17 tubes within 4mths. All philips tube from lighting.com.sg. =S

UPDATE!!!

Till date, total of 8 tubes burnt, out of 17 tubes within 4mths. All philips tube from lighting.com.sg. =S

how is the usage like? on continuously for how many hours? maybe u can take issue and write to philips lighting division and see if they can help?

how is the usage like? on continuously for how many hours? maybe u can take issue and write to philips lighting division and see if they can help?

I almost tempted to buy a lot of lightings from lighting.com at Jalan Besar. The sales person sales pitch that theirs is only consuming 36Wph for 2 tubes of 36W on those ceiling lightings due to only 1 ballast, in series connection. Some more electronic ballast, once turn on, no flickering. Then, I was enlightened by Denny from Extreme Lighting in Balastier.. Everyone else is selling these ceiling lights with 2 magnetic ballasts. Although this means that the lighting will consumed 72Wph as you turn it on and there will be flickering when u turn on. why?? The reason is simple: magnetic ballast will outlast electronic ballast based on the usage. So, if you want lasting lightings, should take magnetic ballast for bedrooms and living room, since you will not switch on/off often. On the plus point of 2 ballasts instead of 1, if one light bulb burnt, the other bulb will still work due to paralel connections. You will not have to live in the dark. You'll have time to replace it.

Yes, lighting.com lightings are 110% cheaper, but not lasting..

I almost tempted to buy a lot of lightings from lighting.com at Jalan Besar. The sales person sales pitch that theirs is only consuming 36Wph for 2 tubes of 36W on those ceiling lightings due to only 1 ballast, in series connection. Some more electronic ballast, once turn on, no flickering. Then, I was enlightened by Denny from Extreme Lighting in Balastier.. Everyone else is selling these ceiling lights with 2 magnetic ballasts. Although this means that the lighting will consumed 72Wph as you turn it on and there will be flickering when u turn on. why?? The reason is simple: magnetic ballast will outlast electronic ballast based on the usage. So, if you want lasting lightings, should take magnetic ballast for bedrooms and living room, since you will not switch on/off often. On the plus point of 2 ballasts instead of 1, if one light bulb burnt, the other bulb will still work due to paralel connections. You will not have to live in the dark. You'll have time to replace it.

Yes, lighting.com lightings are 110% cheaper, but not lasting..

"lighting.com lightings are 110% cheaper", this is enough... It's save alot. As for lasting issue, I'm facing problem with Philips tubes, ballasts so far ok. Conclusion, still can buy from them but if possible, don't take Philips tubes. If you really want lasting, avoid electronic ballast too.

Be it is an electronic or a magnetic ballast, as long as is 2 x 36w, it consume a total of 72w UNLESS they use 36w electronic ballast to run 2 x 36w.... Result, I guess everyone knows.