Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

The HDB person told me this is not applicable to Blk 79 because we do not have service balcony. She said there is no restriction on our window grill patterns. So, dun worry. =)

This has been discussed by earlier batches of people renovating and confirmed that Blk 79 is not affected by the limited design because we dun have service balcony.

For those removing the bottom grills, pls remember to keep in storeroom, when u sell, u might have to put back. BTW, the glass below is not tempered glass, so it's prone to breakage if you ever use something hard to knock on it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi ppl,

this is the photo toppie took with her phone camera. :horse:

Windowgrills.jpg

These window grills design are supposedly approved by HDB.

Hi Meowie,

HDB officer oso told us & handed over a copy of window grill guidelines.

Mentioned to HB some owners weren't told & he said never mind wat type ... so long as Mas Selamat can't climb in, it's fine! :dancingqueen:

Hey neignbours,

some1 PMed mi. My limited knowledge s replied below ->

- site audit are carried out by independent or unbiased third party with experience in renovation works or even licensed contractor.

- s he (site auditor) is an external party, 1 needs 2 pay a fee 4 his service which is hundreds $$$.

- e site auditor assesses the completed work by going thru a compiled checklist.

- e checklist includes e normal standards of works done by renovator & standards set by the BCA & HDB.

- e checklist wil consist of all e renovation works in e hdb flat, eg. wet works, floor, wall & ceiling finishes, doors & windows, carpentry works, etc.

- for wet works, it gota b check during e process. Kinda hard 2 check if all flooring r oleady laid.

- for elect & plumbing, gota get licensed & certified engr 2 check if needs 2.

- for gas, lesser worry, cos only citygas own workers r allowed 2 extend, conect ur gas piping & supply. Non-citygas workers doing unauthorised work such s dismantling of unutilze gas pipes, wil b FINED $5000.

- e site auditor wil then evaluates his findings. Give a report on his findings.

- dis is just a report card of ur ID's work. If it is 'all red' or bottom-line cases, even u show it 2 ur ID, there's nothin much u can do. Ur ID may most likely 'simply bo chap'. Reason being, ur ID co is not tied 2 e auditor or any organization which controls them & hav its own auditor.

- if ur ID co is hdb licensed contractor, hdb wil not settle any dispute between owner & contractor. Reason being its a legal agreement signed between u & ID, hdb canot interfer.

- if ur ID co is under Hbay, u can report 2 them. They may b able 2 assist u.

- if ur ID co is under RADAC, u can report 2 them. They may b able 2 assist u.

- if ur ID co is under CASETRUST, u can pay a 1 time member fee, report ur case, they may b able 2 assist u.

- some ppl dun go 4 LICENSED CONTRACTOR, Hbay, RADAC & CASETRUST wen doing reno. But dey 4goten dis organization r not there w/o reasons.

- u r not e 1st hdb flat owner doing reno. Donkey yrs ago, ppl oleady start doing reno, unhappy things happened, so dis organizations & rules & regulations had cum about s time goes by.

- eg. is e progressive payment methods by most ID or contractor, with slight variations in percentage. This is 2 safeguard both parties, e consumer & e service provider.

k. Dats wat i can say.

Mayb u wana PM mi ur timings, wen wil u b at ur unit. i try go kpo, see whether urs is really dat unacceptable.

:horse:

Edited by jaCKY777

hi ennovy,

2) U may like to check with the service center below at Blk 79C.

Nothing said abt spraying the grills .. so i assume can.. BUT.. dun think it will be lasting...

Spraying of paint on grills is not advisable (by ID). All grills are powdered coated, if normal spray paint, it will not last. Only way is to bring the grills back to factory.

Spraying of paint on grills is not advisable (by ID). All grills are powdered coated, if normal spray paint, it will not last. Only way is to bring the grills back to factory.

Ennovy,

adding onto Alister's remark.. more paint esp on handles may hamper the opening-closing efficiency.

Yeah, the grills not aesthetically appealing. We tot to remove grills esp bottom 1s but eventually decided against it due to security reasons, esp if u got kids/ visitors' kids ard the house.

alister, do u have the link that says the step by step gril removal?

Found this ...

Quoted from 'vineyard' on removing the grilles...

"Oh I am finally back...

I also took out the bottom grilles of the living room.. at first looks scary but it actullay looks much nicer and more 'open' feeling. Not to mention that its much much easier to clean that part of the window. I have asked my contractor before, and they all mentioned that its not allowed to remove the grill. So after they hand over, i just took it out myself, actually very easy. All you need is a pen knife and a screw driver.

1. Remove the plug that blocks the hole to the screws.

2. Slice away the silicon glue at the angle bars that is connected at the edge

3. Unscrew all the screws (i forgot i think its 6 screws per panel)

4. Remove gently without scratching the sides and alot of aluminium dust will fall out so watch out

5. wahla.. . nice clear view!

Just keep the grill in your bomb shelter, and when you need to sell your flat later or need to install grill for all your windows, then just put it back...

disclaimer: pls dun hold me liable for any damages or fine for illegally removing it... actually i also duno if its really not allowed to remove it or not..."

Hope it helps

ohh.. hhaha i think i got some mail.. n threw it away le... ahhahahah :furious:8|

You want can PM me. I got tons of them at my house can just drop by to sign you up :dancingqueen: You want other companies one also can but no freebies though.

Actually housing content insurance not only covers theft or fire alone. Other stuff like pet dogs extension, liability coverage, for some people they want to cover specific items, but most standard plans have per item limits and usually is 2.5k max per item.

You want can PM me. I got tons of them at my house can just drop by to sign you up :furious: You want other companies one also can but no freebies though.

Actually housing content insurance not only covers theft or fire alone. Other stuff like pet dogs extension, liability coverage, for some people they want to cover specific items, but most standard plans have per item limits and usually is 2.5k max per item.

I would advise all neighbours to buy fire insurance for house content. The one u bought on key collection day covers HDB (nice, we pay to insure HDB) walkway, common areas.

It's not very expensive and if u ever move, you can transfer to the new address. I am from SERS batch and I called up AIG to transfer for me.

Buy a 5 yr plan so that u dun have too much paperwork. Also cheaper n got free gift (my FOC gift was fire extinguisher).

NB : I dun work in insurance company

Found this ...

Quoted from 'vineyard' on removing the grilles...

"Oh I am finally back...

I also took out the bottom grilles of the living room.. at first looks scary but it actullay looks much nicer and more 'open' feeling. Not to mention that its much much easier to clean that part of the window. I have asked my contractor before, and they all mentioned that its not allowed to remove the grill. So after they hand over, i just took it out myself, actually very easy. All you need is a pen knife and a screw driver.

1. Remove the plug that blocks the hole to the screws.

2. Slice away the silicon glue at the angle bars that is connected at the edge

3. Unscrew all the screws (i forgot i think its 6 screws per panel)

4. Remove gently without scratching the sides and alot of aluminium dust will fall out so watch out

5. wahla.. . nice clear view!

Just keep the grill in your bomb shelter, and when you need to sell your flat later or need to install grill for all your windows, then just put it back...

disclaimer: pls dun hold me liable for any damages or fine for illegally removing it... actually i also duno if its really not allowed to remove it or not..."

Hope it helps

eeww..sound complicated to a woman. (hee) ...

will try out...

Hi Toppie,

I think it all depends on how "bad" the uneven tiles are... I think very difficult for all tiles to be 100% even also... we had a few uneven tiles in the bedrooms also, some still can 'close one eye', but a few were not acceptable, the 'cut-leg' effect was very obvious. So the tiler came, removed the tiles, and laid new ones. So far, the 'cut-leg' effect gone after replacing.

But correct me if I'm wrong... I thought hollow tiles are more prone to popping up than 'cut-leg' tiles?? :furious:

meepok

I also dun know if they will pop up in the long run. But I think its better to play safe than sorry. Its more of cut-leg effect. And not just the living room. The other 3 rms and even the walk way to the toilets, there are bits and pieces here and there.

can i have ur contact for the venti fan?

does it include changing of window to 1 piece

push out kind? any pics to share??

I'm very keen to have it done but dun wana make

it like kopi tiam ventilation. wats the damage too?

many thanks~~

:furious:

Hi Yeoman,

Can I take a look at the tiles for your house since we engaged the same firm?

Hi Yeoman,

Can I take a look at the tiles for your house since we engaged the same firm?

Of course. However, the tiles are still covered with cardboards.

You have my contact rite? just drop me a sms when you will be

going down. Will try to arrange . :sport-smiley-004:

Haven't really examined my tiles yet. Would also like to see how

"uneven" your flooring is.

Edited by Yeoman

Of course. However, the tiles are still covered with cardboards.

You have my contact rite? just drop me a sms when you will be

going down. Will try to arrange . :sport-smiley-004:

Haven't really examined my tiles yet. Would also like to see how

"uneven" your flooring is.

Usually what time are you available? I am quite free till May cos today is my last day at work and it will be May before I start my new job. Hehe, got time to nag my ID to do rectification job

Hi people

Do u know how dirty the water is in our blk ? Here's evident. The vendor cleaned my water filter on Jan 27 and this is the result taken on Apr 27.

I guess I must clean it once a month instead. For those who have small children, do take note.

Filter coated with rust

DSC02337.jpg

Filter during cleaning

DSC02338.jpg

Filter after cleaning

DSC02339.jpg

Diamond water 6 filters

DSC02340.jpg