Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

You must be careful to make sure that the IDs will definitely cover your full cost of the hacking (including the PE fees) when they quote you. My ID was surprised that HDB had asked for a PE top be involved, his other projects elsewhere does not involve such an item so far.

I understand PE may not be required for older and lower flats, but Blk79 is a new and high-rise building. Think "Kiasu" mentality, if something were to happen with the hacking, would HBD assume all responsibility? Short answer is probably not, so an indepenet assessment by a professional is added insurance!

!! Finally, the first signs of carpentry works are finding their way to my place!! :P

The kitchen cabinets are being assembled today and the living room platform should start tomorrow! :P:):good:

gadgetman, so happy to know ur carpentry is on the way! i'm still struggling with which wall to hack and how to incorporate the design into my limited space! tiles will be in tomorrow..and they'll be uploading the sand on wednesday..so hopefully all will go with minimal hiccups...

like wat alister said, i also suspect the floor plan is bigger than the actual space. and there's difference in the layout as well. wonder if hdb cheat my space and $$ or not... :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
gadgetman, so happy to know ur carpentry is on the way! i'm still struggling with which wall to hack and how to incorporate the design into my limited space! tiles will be in tomorrow..and they'll be uploading the sand on wednesday..so hopefully all will go with minimal hiccups...

like wat alister said, i also suspect the floor plan is bigger than the actual space. and there's difference in the layout as well. wonder if hdb cheat my space and $$ or not... :P

They no cheat u lah. How can HDB cheat u ? They just measure from outside wall to outside wall !! .

BTW, did you get the imperial sealy bed from OM ? Do you remember the price ? I think u were quoted $2199 for king size rite ? I think Robinson has similar range call San Marino. Price quoted $3749 * 20% * 10% * 5% (robinson card disc) = $2564. There is price protection after your purchase, if there is a cheaper price, they will honor it. If more expensive later on, you still get cheaper.

I will check at courts these few days and update here.

Edited by alister

They no cheat u lah. How can HDB cheat u ? They just measure from outside wall to outside wall !! .

BTW, did you get the imperial sealy bed from OM ? Do you remember the price ? I think u were quoted $2199 for king size rite ? I think Robinson has similar range call San Marino. Price quoted $3749 * 20% * 10% * 5% (robinson card disc) = $2564. There is price protection after your purchase, if there is a cheaper price, they will honor it. If more expensive later on, you still get cheaper.

I will check at courts these few days and update here.

The Posturepedic Imperial Award Queen size is @ $2199. He has been calling shay_d relentlessly..omg..but we told him we'll not go for it.

We went to Furniture Mall Sealy's Gallery. The range is called Mayfair and it'll be displayed in 2wks time. The price is slightly cheaper than OM. They'll call us when the mattress is there..I'll let u know if you wanna go down.

The "get cheaper if price goes down" is also honoured at the gallery and Courts. Courts mainly sells Backsaver range. If you're looking at Posturepedic, Courts will not be ideal. Nevertheless, I've written down the prices offered at Courts..you can do a comparison.

Sealy Heritage Firm: Q$966 K$1068

Sealy Heritage Pillowtop: Q$1497, K$1693

Sealy Heritage Plush: Q$1293, K$1494

It comes with 2 free Sealy pillows and mattress protector as well. We asked for further discounts and were given vouchers. Enough to buy a good rice cooker or toaster.

Check with you ah..your living room main wall has any cut in? I dunno how to describe leh..it's like there's a "hole" in the wall which will likely fit the feature wall..can't think of the word...

Anyone going for Air-con bulk purchase?.

Alister, ms white, do include me if your are going for bulk purchase. My plan of getting one is within 3-4 weeks time (after my cement screeding is done).

Preferred vendor is All-best though,... but if anyone has lower price better quality,.. it is fine for me too!.

hi gadgetgal, i won't be going for the bulk purchase. AllBest doesn't have bulk purchase specials too. though sad to read that there're negative comments on AllBest but it doesn't happen on everybody, i hope. we've already committed with them so we'll just hope for the best..counting on our lucky stars~ :P

Edited by ms_white

The Posturepedic Imperial Award Queen size is @ $2199. He has been calling shay_d relentlessly..omg..but we told him we'll not go for it.

We went to Furniture Mall Sealy's Gallery. The range is called Mayfair and it'll be displayed in 2wks time. The price is slightly cheaper than OM. They'll call us when the mattress is there..I'll let u know if you wanna go down.

The "get cheaper if price goes down" is also honoured at the gallery and Courts. Courts mainly sells Backsaver range. If you're looking at Posturepedic, Courts will not be ideal. Nevertheless, I've written down the prices offered at Courts..you can do a comparison.

Sealy Heritage Firm: Q$966 K$1068

Sealy Heritage Pillowtop: Q$1497, K$1693

Sealy Heritage Plush: Q$1293, K$1494

It comes with 2 free Sealy pillows and mattress protector as well. We asked for further discounts and were given vouchers. Enough to buy a good rice cooker or toaster.

Check with you ah..your living room main wall has any cut in? I dunno how to describe leh..it's like there's a "hole" in the wall which will likely fit the feature wall..can't think of the word...

hi gadgetgal, i won't be going for the bulk purchase. AllBest doesn't have bulk purchase specials too. though sad to read that there're negative comments on AllBest but it doesn't happen on everybody, i hope. we've already committed with them so we'll just hope for the best..counting on our lucky stars~ :jawdrop:

Yes, pls let me know when it's here.

My living room has the hollow wall as well. It's quite deep - 20cm. I will be placing my sofa set there.

Anyone going for Air-con bulk purchase?.

Alister, ms white, do include me if your are going for bulk purchase. My plan of getting one is within 3-4 weeks time (after my cement screeding is done).

Preferred vendor is All-best though,... but if anyone has lower price better quality,.. it is fine for me too!.

Hi gadgetgal, I will not be going for bulk purchase as well. I have asked gain city, it doesn't make a difference if purchase individual or bulk purchase.

If really can get cheaper with bulk purchase, I will let you know.

Haiz, strawberry_pear realy pity on you. Why as the master and mistress owner of the house cannot have a say in what you want for your home? it seems sometimes, PIL of your are just plain "yi lao mai lao". Go for the shopping also for the sake of building up our house also cannot meh? :dunno:

You are quite true in this. It is subjected to the approval of HDB, PE just do the accessment. As long as structural no hazzla, HDB will approved.

My 79A still have a long way to go, how envy.... :(

actually long also nvm mah... u got so many good neighbours to see see look look b4 u made ur decision... :dribble:

Was away for only 2 weeks and so many posts to catch up.

My loan application came 2 weeks ago (just after I left for my trip). Deadline is this Thursday. Think I will drop by HDB to hand in my application. No time to post liao. What about the rest of Blk E kakis?

Good to know that reno is well underway for some of you. I have confirmed my ID but I still need to trim down on my luxury items. :(

haha~ :jawdrop: finally u are back....welcome back!:dribble:! think last week i got my loan application and send back on fri liao... now waiting for the date to get my KEYS!:dribble:! ;)

wah u alrdy cfm ur ID liao ah... me still looking a ard... :dribble: wher u get hah?

Hi all

Went down to IMM Gain city to get quote for aircon. Let's share where can get best price. Me was attended by Kelvin. All prices quoted in CASH payment.

Mitshibushi MXY4A28 (3 x 10BTU, 1 x 18BTU) system 4 inverter, R410 gas, Armaflex class 1, 1/2" insulation, grade 23, drainpipe 16mm, compressor warranty 5 yrs, parts warranty 1 yr, 2 trips - $3,608 w/gst

Add $359 for extra 4 yrs warranty.

Mitshibushi MUX3B20 (3 x 10BTU) system 3 non inverter, 3/8" insulation, rest of specs same as above - $1,920 w/gst

Mitshibutshi MUA18BD single splite (1 x 18BTU) non inverter, 1/2" insulation, rest of specs same as above - $1200 w/gst

Total for 2nd combination (consist of 2 compressors) - $3,120.

Remember to tell contractor to extend the 15amp plug from mbr to aircon ledge. This applys only to those with 4rm flat.

Ms White, Dino, can share the pricing you get from AllBest ?

Alister

Haven't been to the forum for awhile, my husband always dun give me chance to use the laptop... sori for late reply. jus meet up w ms white n nv check the price maybe can ask ms white.. me nt so keen using tat companay..scare le

My living room has the hollow wall as well. It's quite deep - 20cm. I will be placing my sofa set there.

Hi gadgetgal, I will not be going for bulk purchase as well. I have asked gain city, it doesn't make a difference if purchase individual or bulk purchase.

sure, no problem. can call u at ur mobile right?

my living room doesn't have it..it's supposed to be there according to layout..i wonder why..

Hi Alister,

wanna go c c twin city together for the aircon purchase??? i think it's abt time to get one.. since we r quite thru w tiles select n waiting for ID proposal....

Was away for only 2 weeks and so many posts to catch up.

My loan application came 2 weeks ago (just after I left for my trip). Deadline is this Thursday. Think I will drop by HDB to hand in my application. No time to post liao. What about the rest of Blk E kakis?

Good to know that reno is well underway for some of you. I have confirmed my ID but I still need to trim down on my luxury items. !!

i've posted my letter out last fri... hope it'll reach the hand of the officer in charge safely... !!

i've posted my letter out last fri... hope it'll reach the hand of the officer in charge safely... !!

Hi ebing,

FYI, I handed the letter to HDB on 17th Sept and collected my keys on 25th Oct. So it shld give you an idea of when you can collect your keys.

Just wanna put this list agn to refresh our memory. If your name is not here, pls update it so we know which blk u stay. Thanks

Blk 79A

sushibabe

sha08ron

justnoop

rickyer8

coco_mybibi

apple68

soudezne

poohnie23

HarryP

whiteboxer

Skywu

Shivan

Darkwing

Blk 79B

bonkitty

twotwobravo

jen t

carelinwen & craB

Slog

gui99

Redhat

janicezuzu

will&pet

REDCRYSTAL

Blk 79C

doremi

humster / nancy

meowie49

Bethel

Derrick

Stardust

almonddust

M&M

strawberry_pear

Platonic1

joesphine

BLk 79D

Yel

yingsan

droplets

Ikoice

pink_sea79

Zeester

Mario

Snuffleupagus

tension_z

rainbow04

alister

ms_white

shay_d

dino

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf

hobbes

axis

Happy

kiwy

Darry

TPY

Skyblueie

Edited by alister

Ooh.. okay.

Thanks Alister and Ms White.

Will probably go down to Allbest and gain city to compare and get their pricing again this weekend.

Just wondering whether there will be any sale/discounts across electrical appliances shop/wholesaler for the Deepavali celebrations next weekend hor. Kinda forget what the norm is.

Hi ebing,

FYI, I handed the letter to HDB on 17th Sept and collected my keys on 25th Oct. So it shld give you an idea of when you can collect your keys.

Just wanna put this list agn to refresh our memory. If your name is not here, pls update it so we know which blk u stay. Thanks

Blk 79A

sushibabe

sha08ron

justnoop

rickyer8

coco_mybibi

apple68

soudezne

poohnie23

HarryP

whiteboxer

Skywu

Shivan

Darkwing

Blk 79B

bonkitty

twotwobravo

jen t

carelinwen & craB

Slog

gui99

Redhat

janicezuzu

will&pet

REDCRYSTAL

Blk 79C

doremi

humster / nancy

meowie49

Bethel

Derrick

Stardust

almonddust

M&M

strawberry_pear

Platonic1

joesphine

BLk 79D

Yel

yingsan

droplets

Ikoice

pink_sea79

Zeester

Mario

Snuffleupagus

tension_z

rainbow04

alister

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf

hobbes

axis

Happy

kiwy

Darry

TPY

Skyblueie

morning... ms_white, shay_d, dino r in Blk D~

hi i think re Twin City there is no discount they can give as per my previous post.. (long time ago). haha. BUT they can offer $200 servicing vouchers which can come in handy. Also the materials they use is Class 0 and 3/8'' and 26mm piping. :bangwall: so therefore can consider.

:sport-smiley-004:

morning... ms_white, shay_d, dino r in Blk D~

ebing and chrispy in Blk E

Hi ebing,

hah... dun scare me leh... my OIC confirm that i'll be getting my keys in Nov leh... so tot maybe it could be in end Nov den i can start reno in early Dec (provided if i have confirmed my ID)... :sport-smiley-004::bangwall::dunno: