Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dcs2k

Reconstructing Corner Terrace - Help!

Hi guys! been lurkin around for a while, really informative place where I been learning a lot from helpful contributors here.

I have a 2 storey 45yr old corner terrace, in a estate off upper thomson. land size 209sm (2250sq?). 3 beds (non ensuite) and and 1 standalone bathroom on the 2nd storey, 1st floor will have a maid's room and a common washroom. I have seen some neighbours buliding an attic, some even a 3 storey, and wonder if I can do that too. Before I engaged some expert to start the process, just wondering if anyone here might have a similar sized terrace and is doing, or done some work already. Importantly I will like to know if I can add a bathroom to each of the bedrooms, and have a 3rd storey ideally with 2 bedrooms ensuite. I gathered that A&A is out of the picture given the extensive work, so probably a reconstruction? Also, what sort of bulid up area size will I be potentially looking at?

Thanks for any valuable inputs!

daniel

Edited by dcs2k

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys! been lurkin around for a while, really informative place where I been learning a lot from helpful contributors here.

I have a 2 storey 45yr old corner terrace, in a estate off upper thomson. land size 209sm (2250sq?). 3 beds (non ensuite) and and 1 standalone bathroom. I have seen some neighbours buliding an attic, some even a 3 storey, and wonder if I can do that too. Before I engaged some expert to start the process, just wondering if anyone here might have a similar sized terrace and is doing, or done some work already. Importantly I will like to know if I can add a bathroom to each of the bedrooms, and have a 3rd storey ideally with 2 bedrooms ensuite. I gathered that A&A is out of the picture given the extensive work, so probably a reconstruction? Also, what sort of bulid up area size will I be potentially looking at?

Thanks for any valuable inputs!

daniel

It is quite common for the built in size to go up to 1.2 to 1.4 times the size of your land. When your land is 2250 sqft, the built in size could be between 2700 to 3150. The size of the built in could be smaller or bigger depending on how you plan to construct the house - Maximize the land space or you would prefer a design that doesn't maximize the land space. Since you are prepared to do reconstruction work, I don't think there is any problem to have all your bedrooms ensuite. Your architect should be able to advise you on the design and layout including the estimated built in size.

Edited by leechaorui

Thank you for your insight. Ideally I will like to maximise the land space, and build up to 3 storey. Under the URA MP08, my area is shown as 2 storey mixed residence. Does it means it is not allowed to do 3 storey? I was hoping to have an idea how high I can build up before commissioning a architect to start work.

Read this.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dcdrhb_d0e62.htm

Tell architect u want "Maximum envelope".

Hi Bro,

Very simple is to look around your estate of any new houses, if all of them are 2 stories, then u will have to stick to that height. U can have all en-suite for all your bedrooms if u want but dun forget every month when u paid the PUB bill, every toilet cost $2.8. As for my case, my land is 1800sqft, we only go for 2 stories with attic, our build-in grew from 2200 sqft to 3200 sqft as the previous owner didnt max his GFA. Hope that helps. Cheers

thanks guys for all these useful info.

Fren bro, pray tell gimme more details what you meant by the previous owner didnt max out GFA. Did you do A&A or reconstruct?

Anyone can give me an idea how big the attic can do? i.e ensuite room attic what kind of suare feet are we looking at.

thanks!!!

Fren bro, pray tell gimme more details what you meant by the previous owner didnt max out GFA. Did you do A&A or reconstruct?

Anyone can give me an idea how big the attic can do? i.e ensuite room attic what kind of suare feet are we looking at.

thanks!!!

First step is to find a good architect and/or builder and talk to them. They will be able to advise on how big you can build up to, estimated cost, timing, etc.

moi found a architect who's fees include PE around 12-22k depending on your requirements. Probably one of the cheapest i found. PM me if you need his contact.

thanks!!!

Edited by moneymonkey

How much does it cost to build an attic? How to they calculate the build up for attic?

There is no direct way to calculate the attic cost.

1. u need staricase about 6-10k

2. new roof 24-38k

3. floor slab.. varies..