Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Looking For An Id/Contractor

So far I'm pleased with my Renovator's service. My Reno is completing soon. Reno started on 19/2 and next week carpentry will be in then handover. They are efficient and fast. The boss is very experienced and hands-on. Thumbs up for him! I do highly recommend him and will be glad if any forumerer wish to see my Reno before judging. Anyway forums are for sharing . I learnt alot from here as well.

Note: I did full overhaul for my EM

Edited by spikedoll

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I always wondering. If to renovate a house without an ID, is it much cheaper. If we have our own ideas, theme and design, just show to the contractor and they will do the rest?

And all quotations from the Reno company, is it inclusive of the ID or we have to pay them separately?

Experts please advise.

ID fees are just another way for them to charge you extra. Almost every single item listed in their quote are already profitable to them.

That is why, i will not select those who try to pull a quick one from customer.

For those who charge nominal fee for 3D rendering, fine. But i have come across a few firm that charge $3K+ for 3D and so call professional advise and co-ordination works, WTF!

Final advise, get a few quote unless you know the ID very well or is very highly recommended.

I always wondering. If to renovate a house without an ID, is it much cheaper. If we have our own ideas, theme and design, just show to the contractor and they will do the rest?

And all quotations from the Reno company, is it inclusive of the ID or we have to pay them separately?

Experts please advise.

ID fees are just another way for them to charge you extra. Almost every single item listed in their quote are already profitable to them.

That is why, i will not select those who try to pull a quick one from customer.

For those who charge nominal fee for 3D rendering, fine. But i have come across a few firm that charge $3K+ for 3D and so call professional advise and co-ordination works, WTF!

Final advise, get a few quote unless you know the ID very well or is very highly recommended.

Thanks for the input. Anyway nowadays most will use programs like Autocad ( correct me if I m wrong )

I'm not sure, Autocad sounds more for engineering.

But when i saw my 3D design, i was blown away. It has code for the tile, kitchen ware and even wallpaper we selected!

Anyone has a tried and proven tiler to recommend? I need one to hack the floors in my kitchen and service yard, and finally, to install new tiles. :)

I was thinking... and still thinking... what is the true duty of an ID?

Seems to me they are like the 'agents' to all contractors, electricians etc...

They arrange the carpenters, contractors, vendors etc to make the renovation a successful one.. is that right?

If so, why cannot they show us the transparent quote from the vendors and charge us a % on that? Even a 10% on each quote may be able to save us some $$? maybe?

You are right. ID is basically main-contractor with some design background.

You can actually hire a co-ordinator if you have your own carpenter and tiler. It will save you some $.

I was thinking... and still thinking... what is the true duty of an ID?

Seems to me they are like the 'agents' to all contractors, electricians etc...

They arrange the carpenters, contractors, vendors etc to make the renovation a successful one.. is that right?

If so, why cannot they show us the transparent quote from the vendors and charge us a % on that? Even a 10% on each quote may be able to save us some $$? maybe?

Just wish to share a bad experience with this particulary so call home decor company.

They come door to door sales one. I not sure what other things they do but I regretted them

doing my house window. Almost whole house window and cost like near to 4k. Feel kind of cheated by it.

Nvm, tot they will used the best material for me since for the price i paid. but was totally wrong..

material was bad, workmanship was equally bad.

Not sure if I can name the company here but it start with G____r Home decor located at victoria street..

people, pls be extra careful...

*Ps: pm me if you want to know the name.

Kiasu,

Sorry to hear that. Quite frankly, i will never touch any ID that go door-to-door promoting. In fact, i will also not seek those from roadshow or expo.

Good ID are usually flooded with jobs. They will take in bigger ones and sub-let smaller ones to sub-con or sister companies.

For your windows, you should just go direct to window suppliers, no need to buy through ID.

My reno is going to complete mid next week.

I'm very happy with my contractor 老和, if you want his contact PM me. style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif

Hi...please pm me your contractor..thanks

Edited by izuan

• Like 1