Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Can somebody advise on this please?

kitchensmallpipe.jpg

See the small piping protruding out (circled pink)? Is it possible to remove this part of the pipe? We have very little storage space in our kitchen as it is and if we have to reduce the space to accomodate this piping, we'd have even less space! :~ Our plan is to put our fridge in that spot like this:

kitchen-cabinet.gif

Hi Lilithfiend,

Abit confuse here. Anyway, I think it is not a gd position to put the fridge. The drainage hole is located there and u shouldn't be placing the fridge at the position which is on top of the drainage hole if u get what I mean.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Lilithfiend,

Abit confuse here. Anyway, I think it is not a gd position to put the fridge. The drainage hole is located there and u shouldn't be placing the fridge at the position which is on top of the drainage hole if u get what I mean.

hey mickey, we know its not ideal to have the fridge on top of the drainage hole but we don't intend to flood-wash the floors so i doubt the hole would be used much anyway. might get our contractor to extend the kitchen cabinet base to the fridge area and have an access hole just in case.

Hi lilithfiend,

i re-looked at my flat and found that the irritating pipe was removed.

Yes it can be done! :) My bad!

hey gimz, great news!! thanks very much for checking your place...another item to be crossing my fingers for. my PM has said she will check the pipe soon..

Reno Day 01

Hacking starts today! We'll go down to see see on Wednesday..

It has been a mad busy weekend..

Electrician Site Visit

we met up with the electrician Jaskel recommended on Saturday, ran thru our requirements with him and he gave us a rough price quote. Now waiting for his official email quote.

Tiles Selection - Round One

Also met up with our PM on Saturday at Lian Seng Hin to see tiles for our bathroom. I was pretty hesitant to decide because the HDB permit has yet to be approved and our PM said while its better to order soon, she can also wait until the permit approval comes thru. So anyway after fighting the crowds on both levels and being disappointed with the range available, we picked out a few tiles we "sort of" liked, got the samples and got out of there.

We headed off to the coffeeshop next door and had drinks. We reminded our PM about the little piping sticking out under the kitchen sink and she promised to check it out. We paid her the 40% commencement fee and got a bit more clarification on the coordination of various works (aircon, electrical, plastering etc). She shared that each reno project will inevitably have mistakes which she might overlook, and told us that if we spot any, to inform her so they can correct it, no need to argue/fight/quarrel. :argue: I thought it was good of her to set our expectations right from the start to prevent tensions during the reno..

Hb told her we want to have retractable window grilles (aka scissors style), she said she will check. I told her we'd like to know how the double hung windows would function and she said that she would show us the technical drawing when they submit to HDB for window installation approval.

Hob, Hood & Oven Ordered

We also ordered our kitchen equipment at *** Gallery along Balestier Road. We initially were ready to order at Adamas but unfortunately (for them), the hobs we wanted were out of stock. So we headed to *** Gallery cos I remembered seeing the Cuizino logo outside the shop. On reaching there, we realised that this is one of the shops our PM said they would give a discount if we show them her namecard.

To cut a long story short, we confirmed our order for the following:

CUI598X2.jpgP21VCGB2.jpgP22VCGB2.jpgOV728X.jpg

Price: $1,079 after 5% discount, placed deposit of $500.

Tiles Selection - Round Two

Headed to Soon Bee Huat @ Changi Road on our own on Sunday. Liked the tiles here better, or maybe it was the lack of crowds that we liked..lol. Anyway, found a mixture of tiles, played around with the samples last night and we think we might have found our tiles for the bath. Hopefully the prices are ok for the contractor.

Reno Day 01

Electrician Site Visit

Hob, Hood & Oven Ordered

Yeah! Cracked the first tiles today eh? :yamseng:

Seems only like last week we were talking abt it...time flies.

.....and the shopping spree begins! :sport-smiley-004:

Lol...only took u both 2 sessions and one day to confirm tiles ah??

fast and furious man.....

Yeah! Cracked the first tiles today eh? :yamseng:

Seems only like last week we were talking abt it...time flies.

.....and the shopping spree begins! :sport-smiley-004:

Lol...only took u both 2 sessions and one day to confirm tiles ah??

fast and furious man.....

ya i know, i also cannot believe it's all starting.. :D

2 sessions over 2 days mah. my hb says i take too long to choose tiles. luckily we're only choosing for the bathroom. if its for the whole house, i think i'd take like a week..lol! haven't informed our PM yet about our tiles..still letting the decision sink in abit..once the hdb permit comes thru then we'll let her know..

Our Renovator Confirmed

confirmed2.gif

We have a winner! - B&E Builder. After emailing hundreds of contractors, speaking to a dozen of them, we finally made our decision. The decision was a hard one as the other contender was very experienced and very affordable. And it wasn't made easier that we could hardly find others' reviews of these two contractors. B&E won the bid mainly because of:

• their resources (they had a physical office whereas the other contractor's office was his home; they were able to give us a 3D drawing when we requested for it before signing the contract whereas the other contractor gave us a 15 mins hand-drawn one)
  • their design orientation (their portfolio looked good whereas we could only rely on the word of the other contractor when he told us about his previous projects)
  • the ability to customise (they were able to customise for us the type of windows we wanted, the grilles we wanted)
Before our appointment at HDB, we made a trip down to their office. We spent about two hours thrashing out as much details as possible and finally, signing off on the dotted line. Our project manager will be applying for the HDB permit today and hopefully hacking can start next week. I was hugely relieved that we have finally reached a milestone of this reno process. Now looking forward to get started! My favourite part of this whole thing is coming up: shopping for stuff! :D

congrazt ..... few day din come in yr thread .... and the campion is out liao . ha

Reno Day 01

Electrician Site Visit

we met up with the electrician Jaskel recommended on Saturday, ran thru our requirements with him and he gave us a rough price quote. Now waiting for his official email quote.

Also met up with our PM on Saturday at Lian Seng Hin to see tiles for our bathroom. I was pretty hesitant to decide because the HDB permit has yet to be approved and our PM said while its better to order soon, she can also wait until the permit approval comes thru. So anyway after fighting the crowds on both levels and being disappointed with the range available, we picked out a few tiles we "sort of" liked, got the samples and got out of there.

We headed off to the coffeeshop next door and had drinks. We reminded our PM about the little piping sticking out under the kitchen sink and she promised to check it out. We paid her the 40% commencement fee and got a bit more clarification on the coordination of various works (aircon, electrical, plastering etc). She shared that each reno project will inevitably have mistakes which she might overlook, and told us that if we spot any, to inform her so they can correct it, no need to argue/fight/quarrel. :argue: I thought it was good of her to set our expectations right from the start to prevent tensions during the reno..

Hb told her we want to have retractable window grilles (aka scissors style), she said she will check. I told her we'd like to know how the double hung windows would function and she said that she would show us the technical drawing when they submit to HDB for window installation approval.

Hob, Hood & Oven Ordered

We also ordered our kitchen equipment at *** Gallery along Balestier Road. We initially were ready to order at Adamas but unfortunately (for them), the hobs we wanted were out of stock. So we headed to *** Gallery cos I remembered seeing the Cuizino logo outside the shop. On reaching there, we realised that this is one of the shops our PM said they would give a discount if we show them her namecard.

Headed to Soon Bee Huat @ Changi Road on our own on Sunday. Liked the tiles here better, or maybe it was the lack of crowds that we liked..lol. Anyway, found a mixture of tiles, played around with the samples last night and we think we might have found our tiles for the bath. Hopefully the prices are ok for the contractor.

Only seems like yesterday when you got your house keys and asking fellow forumers for opinion regarding certain aspects of your house. Now you got the renovation under way already, it's really fast-chop, chop, I guess.

Is Soon Bee Huat any better? What is the address?

Cheers.

Hey Lilithfiend,

Congratz on your start of reno.... :rofl:

Can't wait to see the reno work done by the same ID co we had, B&E Builder.

Hope they keep their promises with good workmanship+services

Conveinent to post the tiles you selected.... :notti:

btw, Electrician is recommended from B&E as well? I've seen their price list, looks reasonable.

congrazt ..... few day din come in yr thread .... and the campion is out liao . ha

thanks simon! pity henry didn't work out for us.. ;)

Only seems like yesterday when you got your house keys and asking fellow forumers for opinion regarding certain aspects of your house. Now you got the renovation under way already, it's really fast-chop, chop, I guess.

Is Soon Bee Huat any better? What is the address?

Cheers.

yep yep..fast right? in a couple of pages, our house will be done! :sport-smiley-004:

SBH is better, their tiles are laid out better for your selection. Or maybe that day we went the place was not as crowded as LSH so we had more space to move around. :P they have a few locations, check our their website: www.sbh.com.sg

Hey Lilithfiend,

Congratz on your start of reno.... :rofl:

Can't wait to see the reno work done by the same ID co we had, B&E Builder.

Hope they keep their promises with good workmanship+services

Conveinent to post the tiles you selected.... :notti:

btw, Electrician is recommended from B&E as well? I've seen their price list, looks reasonable.

hey infinitie, i'll also be keeping tabs on your reno progress! but most prob mine will be almost done when you start yours.. :D

we'll only be tiling our bathroom, so i only have 1 floor tile and 1 wall tile..i'll post a pic once we've confirmed them..

the electrician we'll be using isn't from B&E. we're outsourcing our electrical, plastering works, painting to save costs..

we'll only be tiling our bathroom, so i only have 1 floor tile and 1 wall tile..i'll post a pic once we've confirmed them..

so u will be going ahead with cement screed for the rest of the rooms or going for laminates instead?

so u will be going ahead with cement screed for the rest of the rooms or going for laminates instead?

whole house will be screeded except the bathroom which will be tiled..laminates too expensive for now..

whole house will be screeded except the bathroom which will be tiled..laminates too expensive for now..

You going for those industrial type of look?

nice...i was keen on screeded floors and walls also but my wife agst it. :(

so i relented and wanted to do only for the store aka cat's room to appease both parties...

but after seeing them lay the homo tiles in my hall and study room, decided to do for the store also...haha :sport-smiley-004:

guess ur house will be monochromatic, colour wise?

must be full of greys, blacks, whites eh? dun forget the silvers and stainless steel materials!!

haha...sorry too excited..:P

hacking and re-screed is cheaper? i thought u wanted cement screed becos u like the look! :P

laminate is using supreme is like $2.7k based on quote given to me. How much is it to hack n re-screed? Sorry i just curious to know... :)