Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

so exciting the stainless steel is finally in! how's it look? any new pictures?

yeap sitting on the cabinets now.. we plan to keep the stickers on till reno is done to prevent damage by workers.. at least those parts which does not require silicon...

Outstanding works (in the following order):

Install air con

touch up painting and cleaning (DIY)

spraying of kitchen and toilet

installing bathroom accessories and shower screen

installing kitchen basin, tap and hob

laying of laminates for living and bed rooms

install window grilles and main door

Cleaning again and again and again....

earliest to complete based on my estimates is mid june. Can't wait for things to be done...its the air-con which is slowing down my progress...only can install on 22nd May...arghhh...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wah, why your aircon can only install on 22 may? is it from gain city?

did you re-run new gas pipes? if yes, do u have a pic of how its done? just trying to figure out how to run it from hall to kitchen, past the hood and down again to stove..how does it pass the hood - does the pipe go above the hood? or must cut the hood to fit the pipes? *confused*

wow looking at this t-blog reminds me of bff's and my own reno :D

Edited by ossify

wah, why your aircon can only install on 22 may? is it from gain city?

did you re-run new gas pipes? if yes, do u have a pic of how its done? just trying to figure out how to run it from hall to kitchen, past the hood and down again to stove..how does it pass the hood - does the pipe go above the hood? or must cut the hood to fit the pipes? *confused*

yeapz from the busy gain city.. :(

gas pipes are fixed onto the wall and run across from the living room to kitchen. (see pic) my citygas heater is fixed beside the full height cabinets. The gas pipe will run from the bottom of the wall back to the rectangular hole (for hob).

P1050074.jpg

thats how the gas pipes are done up. As i do not have a hood, i am not sure how it works also. But i see that people's hood are fixed on the ceiling? should not interfere i guess?

gas pipes are fixed onto the wall and run across from the living room to kitchen. (see pic) my citygas heater is fixed beside the full height cabinets. The gas pipe will run from the bottom of the wall back to the rectangular hole (for hob).

P1050074.jpg

thats how the gas pipes are done up. As i do not have a hood, i am not sure how it works also. But i see that people's hood are fixed on the ceiling? should not interfere i guess?

thanks for the pic..oh didn't realise you not gonna have a hood. you guys don't cook often?

i s'pose we'll run the gas pipes on top from hall to kitchen then drop down at the big sewage pipe at the corner (where you have the full height cabinet) then turn right to the stove. the hood will just have to start below the box-up for the gas & water pipes then..see how it goes..!

heh... I see my future kitchen in your kitchen. :D

Edited by curryqueen

heh... I see my future kitchen in your kitchen. :D

ohh we arrived at the current design after many thoughts and advices from people at Myhometown...many changes before we came to this

carpentry supposed to be finished today... hope to take some more pics!

thanks to my kiasu-ness, the ladder is able to fit into the tall cabinet..together with the broom... :) phew...

(we have no store room)

u going to use the same layout? good thing about old 3 room flats is that we can do gallery kitchen. :)

my fridge would be roughly opposite my sink...

the area between sink and hob is for preparation prior to cooking

so that the golden triangle is there... :)

thanks for the pic..oh didn't realise you not gonna have a hood. you guys don't cook often?

i s'pose we'll run the gas pipes on top from hall to kitchen then drop down at the big sewage pipe at the corner (where you have the full height cabinet) then turn right to the stove. the hood will just have to start below the box-up for the gas & water pipes then..see how it goes..!

apparantly baby and i do not have faith in hoods, the ones in our families is never used and life goes on..haha

so we decided not to install first.

baby is the chef so i asked baby about the oil smell since ours is open concept.

she uses very little oil in cooking and does not use the wok to do heavy frying...so should be fine...

we can still have the option of having a sliding glass/acrylic door later if the situation is bad.

but now, everything is about budget. :P

Went googling for furniture and i found that by googling for "tyre furniture", "pipe furniture", "pallet furniture" you do get some interesting results.

Tyre coffee table, looks easy enough... would love to do 1! Plan to use clear acrylic instead of glass...

Tyrecoffeetable.jpg

Pallet shoe rack...i already picked up 2 pallets. :) i think this will make the whole place look very industrial...should probably paint it white...

shoe.jpg

Pipe furniture gives you beds and racks made from pipes...so nice... first have to find out where to buy the pipes...

bed1.jpg

pot-rack-x.jpg

very nice pipings! especially the last copper one.. :wub:

er you might wanna think twice about the shoe pallet rack? its nice but i doubt baby would wanna use it to put her shoes! it will scruff the fronts.. :unsure:

very nice pipings! especially the last copper one.. :wub:

er you might wanna think twice about the shoe pallet rack? its nice but i doubt baby would wanna use it to put her shoes! it will scruff the fronts.. :unsure:

im sure she will like it...she taught me about the industrial style...she will be very happy if i turn it into a factory! :P

i think should be ok, i could sand and smoothen the edges, should not be a prob.. :)

Pallet shoe rack...i already picked up 2 pallets. :) i think this will make the whole place look very industrial...should probably paint it white...

shoe.jpg

hey guys, look! i just DIY-ed my pallet shoe rack...haha...by putting my shoes on it. :P

DSC04967.jpg

ok this is a little too tall, i gotta remeasure the height to fit it below the window... :)

hey guys, look! i just DIY-ed my pallet shoe rack...haha...by putting my shoes on it. :P

DSC04967.jpg

ok this is a little too tall, i gotta remeasure the height to fit it below the window... :)

very interesting... cant wait to see everything all done up.. :D

Finally everything is done. Protective sticker still intact, intend to keep it there first.

P1050171.jpg

The main use of the full height cabinet. Can fit in my small ladder, the paint is there to mimick pails that we going to get in future. :)

P1050167.jpg

Did as many drawers as we could, think should be sufficient as we are not hoarders.

DSC04964.jpg

This is where we will place the microwave, rice cooker, kettle, etc. We plan to keep the countertop clear of everything, so must take extra effort in putting it back after use everytime. We definitely need to get used to it.

DSC04965.jpg