Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relako

What Distance From Mrt Would You Consider Near Mrt ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
will you pay $100k COV for house opps the mrt.. but shield from noise?

Jgal, u should attach more "conditions" of yr unit, so to pull more accurate opinions. Ex: yr of flat, fl, corner?, facing, fl area, etc. Also seemed to me most forumers here are the "young ones", views tend to skew left or right of a bell shape on issue like this. Those who can afford high COV are "old ones" and has "special reasons" to buy that particular unit.

If yr unit is tokong & outshine the rest nearby, and considered by buyers as "hard to come by" type, which deserves more than 100K.(right timing with the right buyer) Tokong always associate with high fl, good view, no evening sun, winding, good school nearby, markets nearby,mrt, bus interchange, windows or door NS facing(only old birds know the "scret" of facing).......

Edited by bepgof

will you pay $100k COV for house opps the mrt.. but shield from noise?

I would not, because it is a HDB and in my opinion, a HDB is only worth what it is valued for (at that point) in time.

Maybe some factors that will affect your decision are:

1) Are you planning to stay in that HDB flat long term and have no more plans to move? i.e. Even if you have kids, there are good schools nearby and you will be staying put there (perhaps until HDB decides to pull down the flat for rebuilding?) So price won't matter because this is your "perfect" & "ideal" home.

2) If you think that you will be staying there for maybe the next 5-10 yrs, what level of confidence do you have that you would be able to resell the flat at the same or higher price? You can see this article for an example of paying a very high COV but not being able to meet that same price even after 14 yrs. Don't forget that after 10+ yrs, the condition of the home (both internal & external block facade) may also not be at its prime and it would be difficult to command a similar COV

http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/07/31/they-p...t-14-years-ago/

100k is a lot of money. Save a bit more and you can have enough to put downpayment for an old apartment for investment.

Just my two cents worth.... :)

What distance would be considered far or near from MRT for landed houses, which are typically not so near MRT?

people living in landed seldom worry abt MRT. dun say MRT some landed even bus stop also very far. So far i never come across anyone intending to buy landed looking near MRT as mostly got car. :D

people living in landed seldom worry abt MRT. dun say MRT some landed even bus stop also very far. So far i never come across anyone intending to buy landed looking near MRT as mostly got car. :D

Not everyone who stays in landed rely on car as a means of transport. Older children would also take the train to school or to go out with friends. Living near an MRT station has many advantages. My place is 600 metres from Serangoon MRT, bus stop is probably 150 metres or less. Found it quite a chore to walk.

Wow, you hit the jackpot.

Edited by bepgof

Wow, you hit the jackpot.

Not true. A lot of my neigbours rely on public transport - bus and mrt to travel. Car ownership is expensive and not green. I think increasingly, more people will travel using public transport rather than private cars. Hence, staying near the MRT is a plus not only for HDB but also for landed properties.

Just my view.

Not true. A lot of my neigbours rely on public transport - bus and mrt to travel. Car ownership is expensive and not green. I think increasingly, more people will travel using public transport rather than private cars. Hence, staying near the MRT is a plus not only for HDB but also for landed properties.

Just my view.

Ya lor, everybody wants "near near" to these public transport spots. Hard to come by NOW, see chai chee, thomson, siglap, telok tk, yck.... those f/h landed, I have been looking, the neck now very long until get twist just 2 days ago, now still a bit pain.

Edited by bepgof

Ya lor, everybody wants "near near" to these public transport spots. Hard to come by NOW, see chai chee, thomson, siglap, telok tk, yck.... those f/h landed, I have been looking, the neck now very long until get twist just 2 days ago, now still a bit pain.

wahahah! what did you buy again this time just 2 days ago?

Edited by random_username

wow indeed real jackpot somore serangoon central which is currently talk of the town..congrats.

No doubt serangoon is hot, I was told tat land on Nex Mega mall is a white site. When Circle line is extended in Feb 2011, it will get you from Serangoon Central to Holland V in under 25 mins.

Like in London , Real estate px shot up when the circle line linking the middle & outer were completed. Of cos spore will not be that big to have few layers of circle line. The fact is that this link up will create renewed demand; basic econs will tell you that when demand exceeds supply, price shoots up!!

Already Scala is selling at $1,050++psf; a new high for 99 yr lease hold in Lor Chuan and close to 90% sold.

QUOTE (Plastic3 @ Apr 13 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to share, there is a tool in the Onemap website which allows you to measure the distance from point 'A' to 'B'

http://www.onemap.sg

Thanks for the website. My house to Tampines MRT is around 240m. smile.gif

My present house is 750m from the MRT and it takes about 10mins to walk there.

Feel that the ideal distance should be less than 600m.

As for the tool I am using to measure map distance in my current house hunting, I prefer to use Appxis (http://www.appxis.com) as it is one of the best map distance measuring tool and is very easy to use when measuring straight lines (point to point distance) as well as draw circles on maps to measure radius distance.

Furthermore, the free Appxis app from Google Play is also super convenient since it can measure map distances both online/offline too.

Edited by mythicalspace