Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relako

What Distance From Mrt Would You Consider Near Mrt ?

Thank you 'Salavanun'

Your inputs have a big bearing on my decision-making.

No prob bro. grab what we can while still can afford. i find 5 room slowly becoming extinct in recent BTO and even have the numbers is small and over subscribed. correct me if i am wrg :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am choosing Sembawang because I thot there is a certain charm and quiet in this remotely located estate.

I can feel the sea breeze when I am at the ground floor. There is certainly no overcrowding as compared to many other more popular estates like Tampines, Sengkang etc.

In terms of price, I can get a 5-roomer compared to a 4-room in Punggol. I am not in it for price appreciation. I just don't want to lose too much money in case of a double-dip recession.

Facilities are fine. When I grow old, there is the Khoo Teck Puat hospital at Yishun (a short drive away). Sports Complex at Yishun too. But Yishun flats are too old for me.

Sun Complex, Sembawang Mart, SAMS machine, NTUC supermarket, POSB ATMs, parks etc ....... pretty convenient.

Sounds like I am justifying my decision ? Haha

I know I cannot have the best of everything for the price that I am paying. I put a higher value to peace and quiet above most other things. Hopefully, my upstairs neighbours are quiet too.

So one day if I cannot afford a car anymore, I can walk 7 mins to MRT and be a good typical heartlander Singaorean, taking the MRT ......

If you like quieter environment, then i guess your 515m away from MRT would be a better choice.. those blocks right next to the MRT can be very noisy and have a lot of human traffic.

We may bump onto each other one day soon hehe. I also bought a unit opposite Sembawang mrt. How much cov are u paying?

Hi 'forgotten'

I am paying 17K COV.

I believe yours will be more expensive since it is just opposite the MRT.

Hi 'forgotten'

I am paying 17K COV.

While searching for resale hdb ,after decided the town, my wife put "near mrt" as 1st priority, thoght both of us drive. We want our children to "walk" between home/mrt. FYI, When I was a kampung boy, I used to walk abt 3km(to/from)daily for schooling.

Edited by bepgof

From the map, my house to mrt is about 470m. However if i will to walk to mrt it is about 690m cos got to go round a school.

I think 400m to 800 m is consider near, about 5 to 10 mins walk. To me, the most important thing is noise, blocks very near to MRT can be very noisy unless u can on aircon 24x7 to shut out the track noise. Imagine MRT operates everyday at 5:30/45am to 12:00am, how to sleep?

Some sellers may say that they are near to MRT when actually they are near the MRT track. Is that considered near?

It should have been how far from MRT station. :)

It can be near to MRT track, as long as the distance from the unit to MRT station is within 800m or comfort walking distance.

Some sellers may say that they are near to MRT when actually they are near the MRT track. Is that considered near?

Haha some ads anyhow smoke one, put 5 mins walk to mrt although the map shows them to be 1km away :P It's better to check out the distance using online map site ourselves.

Edited by forgotten

Hi 'forgotten'

I am paying 17K COV.

Yours is a good deal since it's near to MRT. Which floor is your unit?

My one is 2nd floor, so I paid less. I paid 15K COV. Heard of 5th and 8th floors units sold at 42K and 40K COV recently.

I just bought a 5room at sembawang as well. 300m away from Mrt, mid floor, stone throw away to canberra pri sch, paid 26K cov. Seems like i paid a pretty high cov :(

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

Yours is a good deal since it's near to MRT. Which floor is your unit?

My one is 2nd floor, so I paid less. I paid 15K COV. Heard of 5th and 8th floors units sold at 42K and 40K COV recently.

7th floor

7th floor

Just realised that they have very creative road names in Sembawang.

Montreal, Wellington, Canberra ........ definitely beat Nanjing Dong Lu, Huai Hai Lu ......... etc :yamseng:

Friend: So 'Relako', where are you putting up now ?

Relako: Wellington ....

Friend: Oh, you have emigrated ? Wow, congratulations !

Relako: errr ...... well ....... thank you

I just bought a 5room at sembawang as well. 300m away from Mrt, mid floor, stone throw away to canberra pri sch, paid 26K cov. Seems like i paid a pretty high cov :(

if it will make you feel better, I sold my unit at 30kcov. Should be very close to the one that you bought since your location specs are identical to my unit. yours is the semi circle balcony design right?

Anyway, it is not very fair comparing just cov as the price. When I was selling my unit, there was one that is identical to mine (same floor, same floorplan, same facing, but adjacent block) that has a higher valuation. It is not even done up as well, and from my understanding the condition is horrible.they wanted the same cov as me, and guess what? They are still "selling" their flat. And then there is another simlar sized unit but better renovated and better location, 2 blocks away, their valuation is 48k more than mine. If they want only 20kcov, will it be a good buy?

The OP at 17kcov is quite a good buy imo. But then again, there are many factors not listed yet, so we never know.