Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hippobb

Hippobb's House Reno

Yo bro hippo. Found u here.... Heehee.

Still got problem? If yes, just find my ID contractor. Fast & Good.

His contact is listed in my signature. Just call , sms or email him.

Good luck in ur reno......

Roger Bro!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 52 - 22nd July

Nothing much in the earlier part of the day... mostly deliveries ... then painter was here to do touch ups... but there were some hiccups - painter while trying to finish the colored living rm wall accidentally painted it with the wrong color paint! now the piece of wall looks like milo color even though painter coated it with 2 layers of paint.... :o contactor says will settle for me ...

Workers for the glass works came in the early evening targetting to install the kitchen cabinet backsplash but found of the glass piece could not fit the cab by 4mm... the glass works sup says the piece needs to be grinded down... and have to be back another day... :( they then moved on to install the main entrance half height black glass mirror, kitchen entrance glass door & mbr toilet glass door..

half height black glass mirror installation at the main entrance.....

P1060310-1.jpg

Son "supervising" the glass workers installing the kitchen entrance door... so many glass workers...

P1060315-1.jpg

installation of mbr bathroom door... samsung also came to install the tv bracket...

P1060312-1.jpg

mbr bathroom door

P1060313-1.jpg

Day 52 - 22nd July

Nothing much in the earlier part of the day... mostly deliveries ... then painter was here to do touch ups... but there were some hiccups - painter while trying to finish the colored living rm wall accidentally painted it with the wrong color paint! now the piece of wall looks like milo color even though painter coated it with 2 layers of paint.... :o contactor says will settle for me ...

Workers for the glass works came in the early evening targetting to install the kitchen cabinet backsplash but found of the glass piece could not fit the cab by 4mm... the glass works sup says the piece needs to be grinded down... and have to be back another day... :( they then moved on to install the main entrance half height black glass mirror, kitchen entrance glass door & mbr toilet glass door..

half height black glass mirror installation at the main entrance.....

P1060310-1.jpg

Son "supervising" the glass workers installing the kitchen entrance door... so many glass workers...

P1060315-1.jpg

installation of mbr bathroom door... samsung also came to install the tv bracket...

P1060312-1.jpg

mbr bathroom door

P1060313-1.jpg

bro hippobb,

lucky u got ur son to superivse them sia..if not u still need to unpack + supervising officer..lagi siong..reno sure got hicupp along the way de,hope they retified soon...u mean this sunday u hv to move in liao ah???so u still got 3more days to unpack..must chiong all the way lioa loh..btw, tks for the invitation also ,will pop in ur hse to say hello to u one of this days...hehe....

Guest rm wardrobe

P1060321-1.jpg

Son's rm wardrobe ... kiddo wanted 1 side of wall painted bright orange

P1060323-1.jpg

Some hiccups on Sunday 25th July .... delay... :(

was up at hse yesterday morning and when we went into the kitchen... we shockingly found 1 piece of the back splash has shattered!! see the pic below ...this was the same piece that had fitting problem last week and was regrinded down.... seems like the grinding down could have weaken the glass ... hopefully this piece gets replaced by end this week so that the table top measurement and fabrication can proceed... sigh.. :(

P1060326-1.jpg

Edited by hippobb

Guest rm wardrobe

P1060321-1.jpghttp://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/h.../P1060321-1.jpg

Son's rm wardrobe ... kiddo wanted 1 side of wall painted bright orange

P1060323-1.jpghttp://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/h.../P1060323-1.jpg

Some hiccups on Sunday 25th July .... delay... :(

was up at hse yesterday morning and when we went into the kitchen... we shockingly found 1 piece of the back splash has shattered!! see the pic below ...this was the same piece that had fitting problem last week and was regrinded down.... seems like the grinding down could have weaken the glass ... hopefully this piece gets replaced by end this week so that the table top measurement and fabrication can proceed... sigh.. :(

P1060326-1.jpghttp://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/h.../P1060326-1.jpg

hey bro hippobb,

dont worry, make sure u ask them make one piece exact side one for u...else ask for discount lor...

hey bro hippobb,

dont worry, make sure u ask them make one piece exact side one for u...else ask for discount lor...

Bro Bangbang...

thanks.. but .. sigh... all the glass works are all done up FOC by my BIL.. not by my contractor... and becos its FOC as a hse warming gift... so cannot make any noise... can only ownself bang inside .... this one confirm 内伤 deep deep ah..

bro,

hws ur unpacking???nv see ur light on today when i pass by ur blk..

Bro,

manage to almost fill up the kitchen cabinets liao.... this weekend target to clear the boxes in the living rm... shiong man... more shiong then BMT.... haven't been worked so hard for many years since army daze leh..

what abt u bro... do u have to do unpacking when ur hse is ready?

HOUSE WARNING .... HOUSE WARNING~!

*Invite... invite hor... !*

whar liao eh.. bro here u also come in so late ah posts to become gold member ah... kekekee :D

Guest Goobii
whar liao eh.. bro here u also come in so late ah posts to become gold member ah... kekekee :D

Me after 12am visit all forum ... BO pian ... my job and business also means I need to know more friends...

HEEHEE... *Hint .. hint abit... intro friend ... friend hor.. *

mbr toilet sliding shower glass door installed... now left the small cabinet below the washing basin..

P1060303-1.jpg

I like the partial shower glass partition, i am thinking of using a partial glass panel myself. But the splash might end up wetting your toilet bowl, unless u have some ideas to cover up that area. Also, I am deciding between building a curb like yourself around the wet area or doing a drop down zone for the wet area. Decision Decisions...

The cut out area for shampoos and stuff is very condo-like. Nice.

**Edit: I don't know what is wrong with my eyes, I see now that the whole area is covered by glass. I blame the time.

Edited by thattrader

I like the partial shower glass partition, i am thinking of using a partial glass panel myself. But the splash might end up wetting your toilet bowl, unless u have some ideas to cover up that area. Also, I am deciding between building a curb like yourself around the wet area or doing a drop down zone for the wet area. Decision Decisions...

The cut out area for shampoos and stuff is very condo-like. Nice.

**Edit: I don't know what is wrong with my eyes, I see now that the whole area is covered by glass. I blame the time.

bro thattrader

partial shower? u can do a square kerb, shower glass and the shower area opens at the corner...

something like this...

shower area with glass door opened

P1060329-1.jpg

shower area with glass door closed when u need to shower..

P1060328-1.jpg

Bro,

manage to almost fill up the kitchen cabinets liao.... this weekend target to clear the boxes in the living rm... shiong man... more shiong then BMT.... haven't been worked so hard for many years since army daze leh..

what abt u bro... do u have to do unpacking when ur hse is ready?

bro, lucky I don't hv as much as u...mine only afew box at max unlike urs like warehouse loh... Haha!! Later gg blastier Lighting.com to look at lighting.. Any gd recommended shop besides that???

bro, lucky I don't hv as much as u...mine only afew box at max unlike urs like warehouse loh... Haha!! Later gg blastier Lighting.com to look at lighting.. Any gd recommended shop besides that???

Bro can try alighting at geylang lor 25 corner or toyomi national lighting next door... alot of RT forumners goes to alighting ... their prices are pretty good ... esp if u cash and carry...