Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

If the bottom part can be pulled down, report as defect and it will be rectified FOC. That's what we did.

I think quite a lot of comments on "them" at the forum. i believe they even make a mark at your doorbell there to indicate that you haven't install his device!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks too. I also very kan cheong one, everyday go to new house to see what's done - bc contractor says want to give me reno schedule but so far never! I kind of give up asking liao - think by the time he give me, it's end of reno! Anyway, whether he give or not, i will still be down physically. .. Today we went over 3 times! kiasu right?

reno schedule ar, i think wait long long bah...hehe...no point asking for it cos dun think he will follow it. my case is every start of the week i will ask him wat will be done this week, then at the end of the week, i will see how come some are not done as scheduled. so dun be too disappointed when you see yours is also like tat... :)

Wanted to check this very quickly before it slipped my mind again.

Today when we were at FV, a man approached us to change the joints of the metal gate. He said the type HDB gave is easily broken into, and showed us how easily he can pull the bottom part. In place, his is like a nut and bolt, and he will solder the open end so as to seal it.

He claimed that almost all at FV did this. When we asked that he give us some time to think about it and to give us his contact number, he claimed that he does not frequent that area, so it's either do now or don't do. Then he walked away! So dao attitude - can't even let people think?

But that beside the point, is it really true that the HDB one is that bad? What did all of you do to secure the gate?

is he a tall and skinny man wearing specs and a waist pouch? this guy has also approached me twice lor, saying which unit already did it and suggested me to do it too. first time he showed me how easily my gate can be removed (of cos easy to remove la cos the gate was already opened in the first place, which goondu dunno this). i rejected him and ask to leave his contact but he refused. then second time when he approached me, i kept questioning him how it can be removed when the gate was closed (which is still possible only if all hinges are removed). he was a bit loss for words and then started to change topic... ;)

Edited by joseeng

reno schedule ar, i think wait long long bah...hehe...no point asking for it cos dun think he will follow it. my case is every start of the week i will ask him wat will be done this week, then at the end of the week, i will see how come some are not done as scheduled. so dun be too disappointed when you see yours is also like tat... :)

is he a tall and skinny man wearing specs and a waist pouch? this guy has also approached me twice lor, saying which unit already did it and suggested me to do it too. first time he showed me how easily my gate can be removed (of cos easy to remove la cos the gate was already opened in the first place, which goondu dunno this). i rejected him and ask to leave his contact but he refused. then second time when he approached me, i kept questioning him how it can be removed when the gate was closed (which is still possible only if all hinges are removed). he was a bit loss for words and then started to change topic... ;)

yeah yeah, he's e one. he'll tell u where n where already installed, n show u small wrinkled piece of paper saying this this this units have installed. even bring u to the units who have done it. he even offered a "demonstration without explanation" on the spot but i stopped him, cos he say after removing will have to install his "wonder hinges" or else the door will b useless. WTH.. :furious:

If the bottom part can be pulled down, report as defect and it will be rectified FOC. That's what we did.

that's a good idea - how come I never thought of that? will do so tomorrow - thanks!

wah, he did not even tell me what's to be done for the week leh - you ask or he volunteer to tell you?

But then again, I go down everyday. So far there has been progress daily, so far so good. So schedule or no schedule, things are moving. Not sure if his pace is fast or slow compared with others, but nvm, as long as not stagnant. So maybe I should forget about asking for schedule liao

so he goes to all new estates? My hb even said maybe he is a "robber", that's why he knows such tactics of breaking the gate!

yeah yeah, he's e one. he'll tell u where n where already installed, n show u small wrinkled piece of paper saying this this this units have installed. even bring u to the units who have done it. he even offered a "demonstration without explanation" on the spot but i stopped him, cos he say after removing will have to install his "wonder hinges" or else the door will b useless. WTH.. :furious:

ha ha - that piece of wrinkled paper - yes, he said he did so many units, I wanted to take a closer look and he quickly pulled it away!

I think quite a lot of comments on "them" at the forum. i believe they even make a mark at your doorbell there to indicate that you haven't install his device!

really ah - then I better go erase that mark on the bell lor!

which thread is that? want to kaypoh and read

me too, dont quite trust these ppl.

they come hard and go fast and i think is almost impossible to have after service.

my mum and dad once ganna such "cons" i think.

a woman and guy who claims that they live near and frequent my jurong area and even claimed that they saw my mum at the playground a few times (even though my mum had never seen them before) said they wanna demo how easily it is to break apart the sliding window. somewhat charmed their way inside my house, did a demo and convinced my parents to do it because of safety and to cut the story short, before my parents knew it, they had all the windows front and back reinforced with their "new locks" and charged us 700+ bucks for it.

yea, so i have doubts with such ppl

actually they are "dangerous" people. These conman prey on the old folks, prey on the mindset of new owners who want things done nicely, maybe should report them .. to think that we almost fall prey to him!

wah, he did not even tell me what's to be done for the week leh - you ask or he volunteer to tell you?

But then again, I go down everyday. So far there has been progress daily, so far so good. So schedule or no schedule, things are moving. Not sure if his pace is fast or slow compared with others, but nvm, as long as not stagnant. So maybe I should forget about asking for schedule liao

so he goes to all new estates? My hb even said maybe he is a "robber", that's why he knows such tactics of breaking the gate!

i ask him lor, in fact sometimes i will check on my unit before calling him to ask abt that day schedule and a few times he doesnt know wats has or has not been done....haha

most likely he loiters ard new estates to get biz. he even flashed me a newspaper cutting stating tat certain unit has been broken into cos the hinges can be easily broken but i am still not convinced... :rolleyes:

i ask him lor, in fact sometimes i will check on my unit before calling him to ask abt that day schedule and a few times he doesnt know wats has or has not been done....haha

most likely he loiters ard new estates to get biz. he even flashed me a newspaper cutting stating tat certain unit has been broken into cos the hinges can be easily broken but i am still not convinced... :rolleyes:

ha ha .. spot check hah

he's actually quite "famous" in the sengkang and punggol forum.

his hinges are not required at all. if in doubt, just locked up the gate and asked him to show you how to remove the gate (he can't).

btw, if you allowed him to "demo", your gate will be damaged and useless after that. if your's a new flat, the bsc will not replace it for you.

Edited by floppy

ya, will sms aron tomorrow, bc by the time I saw the house, it's almost 7pm liao. Not nice to disturb at that hour lah!

why did edmund suggest better to end at the wall?

actually we also dunno - at first we wanted to end at the wall, so that the piping is minimal, but Sam thinks better to end at the floor trap. According to him, if it does not end at floor trap, the tiles may change colour because of the constant "supply" of water draining from the pipe. So we said ok, but today, his men still end it at the wall only, so seems that a bit of miscomm - now we also not sure which is better??

erm, i sms him at almost 7.30pm?? :P he replied immediately.

it's to be easier for toilet washing. as we dun use aircon that frequent we wun hv the water staining prob plus we wash regularly. i think is individual usage pattern bah.

he's actually quite "famous" in the sengkang and punggol forum.

his hinges are not required at all. if in doubt, just locked up the gate and asked him to show you how to remove the gate (he can't).

btw, if you allowed him to "demo", your gate will be damaged and useless after that. if your's a new flat, the bsc will not replace it for you.

yup, just checked with contractor - confirm that the hinges are just for aesthetics, so even if bottom part does come out easily, it does not affect the function of the gate. hope all future fernvale owners will watch out for this guy!

Froggy: May i know why you bought 18x2 instead of 13x2? 13W not enough meh?

actually I was being kiasu. I was actually told to get 2x18w for the hall and 2x13w for the rooms. But since we are relying just on downlights, esp for the kids' study room, we thought better get bright one, just in case really insufficient. If too bright, just remove one bulb from each light holder. On the other hand, if we fix 2x13w and find it insufficient, then cannot change to the "bigger" one. Anycase, the room will have 4 switches, each controlling 2 downlights. So I can choose how many to turn on to the desired brightness.