Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
suhani76

Inner View- Anyone Engage Their Reno Service Before

if u directly deal with Jason Tan and Colin Tan, the siblings, boss the the renovation firms is considered responsible and honest..the rest of his employess esp Andy Yee...worse ...got ppl compaint him at this forum and in the end, Colin, boss himself have to help Andy to settle the case...so...how's about you....

piece of suggestions, IMM side only Spacious Planners, G Plan considered good n responsible renovation firms.............

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
if u directly deal with Jason Tan and Colin Tan, the siblings, boss the the renovation firms is considered responsible and honest..the rest of his employess esp Andy Yee...worse ...got ppl compaint him at this forum and in the end, Colin, boss himself have to help Andy to settle the case...so...how's about you....

piece of suggestions, IMM side only Spacious Planners, G Plan considered good n responsible renovation firms.............

hi

fully agreed. dun understand why innerview have this type of irresponsible id. my flat was done by Andy Yee. he cant do the job, in the end Jason Tan took over to settle. wasn't very pleased but had to accept.

I did went there for quote but didnt sign with them in the end, the feeling that the ID gave me wasnt comfortable....

Abit too young and like not very sincere....

wah.. base on feedbacks frm many.. seems like i have to back away from them.. but funny is Andy Yee did called me back 2 days ago abt the quotation.. though he did missed out on certain things, he do sound sincere at least.. haiz.. in dilemma..

meanwhile i went to a few ids.. received quite reasonable quotes also.. i dont have enough time to browse for more cos i need to move out frm my current plc asap...

if you think that he's fine with you...then maybe u can give it a try..however based on the i knew this guy...ANDY YEE is an complicated person to understand and hard to co-operate..........i personally think that his mind is unstable due to his family problems n financial problems......so far got some forumers provide a negative feedback on his side,if you looking around IMM, can drop for EL at GPlan....or pm for a contact for good contractor....no harm to give a try and i think my friend able to help you.................

p/s: think twice.......before sign the doted lines....

would like to share my experience here.

the 1st reno firm my hubby n i went to is Inner View. n we were served by WEI LONG. our pre-sales service w him is for 2+months. longest n met the most times. :dancingqueen:

1) consistent, patient, detailed, sincere, friendly. :thumbs up:

2) willing to meet us in the east at nite though he's working n staying in the west. it really helps us a lot, esp for couples w baby. :yamseng:

3) gave a lot of suggestions about how we can reno our plc w our tight budget, making it nice and convenient for us and safe for our baby. :thumbs up:

4) not persistent or pushy. he won't insist that we use his ideas or push us to sign. :drunk:

5) fast response. got many revised quotes fr him 'cause we alw change our minds in the design n all. :D

6) quote is reasonably priced. those items he can throw in or reduce, he'll definitely try his best to do it. :good:

7) will try to compromise to all our needs and requirements. :yamseng:

saw 1 of their completed units. we find their workmanship acceptable. tiling works v nicely done. carpentry works acceptable. free silence hinges for kitchen cabinets.

though Inner View is not v preferred n well liked in here, mainly due to their ID (Andy), we still decided to shortlist WEI LONG for our final decision 'cause of his service. when we knew abt the bad remarks, the thot of dropping them is there but decided to give them a chance 'cause ok w the ID (WEI LONG)'s service. :good:

tough competition for them 'cause the other firm we shortlisted is IdealHouse and the ID is also very highly recommended in here.

we had a vvv hard time making a decision. i'm sure many will feel that we shouldn't hv hard time deciding (of cos should choose IdealHouse). but it's 'cause of WEI LONG's service to us. :dancingqueen:

however, eventually we chose IdealHouse 'cause my husband (who'll b paying most of the reno cost) didn't want to take the risk. n moreover, the ID fr IdealHouse is also recommended by his friend.

i think there's a high chance that we'll choose Inner View if the other firm we r considering is not IdealHouse (1 which is so highly recommended and popular). :horse:

like wat 1 of the forum members said in 1 of the topics, 1 person unhappy w the service, doesnt mean u'll b unhappy w service also. and vice versa. i feel that most impt is how comfy r u w the ID.

:dancingqueen:

Hi

I am planning to do a minor reno for my resales flat

Gotten a reasonable quote from this ID at IMM, called Inner View

But not sure if its good thou the price is okay

Anyone with any experience with this ID to share??

Thank you for all feedbacks.

Sad to say I also hired innerview to do some reno in my house, here are some of the things that was not satisfactory

1. kitched door drop off after 1 week only - took 1 mths before he show up to rectify (poor workmanship)

2. another kitched door drop off after 6weeks - until now still have not rectify (poor service and quality of work and no follow up after final payment)

3. did not give a solid surface care spray even though it was confirmed by innerview that they will provide during quotation time (not trusworthy)

4. cause conflict for me and my husband when collecting last payment (ask for last payment from me but I refuse to give unless all problems are retified by them, he went undertable and get from my husband instead) (Cunning sales persons)

5. could not produce what we asked for (inexperience worker)

When you are paying this amount of money for their work the last thing you want is to end up quarrelling with your spouse for crappy work produce by ID.

You decide wether you still want to get them.

Jason is the boss of Inner View. Jason did my previous house 5 years back and ever since then, i told myself i will never let inner view reno my place again

hi,

just wanna share my experiences again.. Jason managed to get our houses 90% done. Was rather satisfied on his professionalism.

But still extremely frustrated over with my previous ID. He had decided on some important issues without having our knowledges! eg. the aircon trunking in 1 of the bedroom was found leaking on the very first day that we moved in. The trunking had also caused a very big problem, that the door could not be fully opened as the trunking had obstruct it.... TV console was extremely high, even though Jason had arranged his workers to bring down a bit, but I am still not pleased with it. I wanted it to be lower but due to it already made structure, it cant go lower. Study table was made too small, as if it is used hobbit ( character in lord of e rings ) & many other more............................................................................

I must admit I am too silly to have paid him 99% of the reno payment. I did it as I assumed that he could fasten on the job done but I was wrong. Before Jason took over, it was already 3 weeks late. Then what the use of him promised a 4-6 weeks completion date in the first place...

Becos of him, we had to re-scheduled for delivery of furnitures, electrical appliances, accessories etc. twice !!!

Now we had stayed in this flat for 1 wk plus, but the touch ups seems pretty slow. Now it already the 9th wk since started reno.

Should any1 agreed that we should ask for compensation?

Thanks.

Cheers

veron_32 said:
hi,

just wanna share my experiences again.. Jason managed to get our houses 90% done. Was rather satisfied on his professionalism.

But still extremely frustrated over with my previous ID. He had decided on some important issues without having our knowledges! eg. the aircon trunking in 1 of the bedroom was found leaking on the very first day that we moved in. The trunking had also caused a very big problem, that the door could not be fully opened as the trunking had obstruct it.... TV console was extremely high, even though Jason had arranged his workers to bring down a bit, but I am still not pleased with it. I wanted it to be lower but due to it already made structure, it cant go lower. Study table was made too small, as if it is used hobbit ( character in lord of e rings ) & many other more............................................................................

I must admit I am too silly to have paid him 99% of the reno payment. I did it as I assumed that he could fasten on the job done but I was wrong. Before Jason took over, it was already 3 weeks late. Then what the use of him promised a 4-6 weeks completion date in the first place...

Becos of him, we had to re-scheduled for delivery of furnitures, electrical appliances, accessories etc. twice !!!

Now we had stayed in this flat for 1 wk plus, but the touch ups seems pretty slow. Now it already the 9th wk since started reno.

Should any1 agreed that we should ask for compensation?

Thanks.

Cheers

I agree with you. He promised to complete my house renovation in 2 week, he said the reno is very easy and simple but he spent one month to complete 80%.Till now, he still not complete the leftover works. we trust him because lots people recommended him. so,we did the payment about~98%.after he got the payments, he is missing.He will not answering your call. He hang over the leftover works to his wife. Actually i felt irritated with her ways handle the works.She would promise eveything u want, but she will disappoint you.I think she is very busy with others works as well.

I had move into my new house for almost 2 month, the touch up works still pending their works.Feel tired pestering her :bow: ...since like i was begging her to work for the rest of the works.Fortunately, still left 2% not yet pay.

For those want to hire contractors for their house renovation,better do the payment base on their work progress and works output.even those contractors are recommended but need to be more caution in this.

Sad to say I also hired innerview to do some reno in my house, here are some of the things that was not satisfactory

1. kitched door drop off after 1 week only - took 1 mths before he show up to rectify (poor workmanship)

2. another kitched door drop off after 6weeks - until now still have not rectify (poor service and quality of work and no follow up after final payment)

3. did not give a solid surface care spray even though it was confirmed by innerview that they will provide during quotation time (not trusworthy)

4. cause conflict for me and my husband when collecting last payment (ask for last payment from me but I refuse to give unless all problems are retified by them, he went undertable and get from my husband instead) (Cunning sales persons)

5. could not produce what we asked for (inexperience worker)

When you are paying this amount of money for their work the last thing you want is to end up quarrelling with your spouse for crappy work produce by ID.

You decide wether you still want to get them.

Hi, wat name is ur ID from innerview? I talked to a guy called Thomas about 2~3 weeks ago. He was quite a nice guy and had given us some ideas on the renovation but yet to receive quotation from him.

I agree with you. Jason promised to complete my house renovation in 2 week, he said the reno is very easy and simple but he spent one month to complete 80%.Till now, he still not complete the leftover works. we trust him because lots people recommended him. so,we did the payment about~98%.after he got the payments, he is missing.He will not answering your call. He hang over the leftover works to his wife,florence.Actually i felt irritated with her ways handle the works.She would promise eveything u want, but she will disappoint you.I think she is very busy with others works as well.

I had move into my new house for almost 2 month, the touch up works still pending their works.Feel tired pestering her :bow: ...since like i was begging her to work for the rest of the works.Fortunately, still left 2% not yet pay.

For those want to hire contractors for their house renovation,better do the payment base on their work progress and works output.even those contractors are recommended but need to be more caution in this.

How abt those who take the renovation loan from the bank? Does the ID company get the full payment directly from the back before all the jobs are done?

Thanks.

Me & hubby went Inner View last week of Mar.

The guy who attend to us was quite friendly, and promised to give us the quote in a week's time. To our surprise, he called up on the 3rd day telling us the draft layout and quotation is ready. Frankly speaking, the quote he gave us is quite reasonable. But we're still considering while waiting for other ID(s) to quote us.

Hi All,

Anyone engage Inner view ID services before?

Please share your experience encountered with them as I am keen in engaging them but no feedback in this forum.