Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hey hey... somebody mentioned something :)

yah, i like those flip clocks too! but advisable not to put clocks in living room or at least choose a silent clock, if not acc to FS will cause a quarrelsome family.

Hey there, love the clock. Thanks for putting it on your tblog.

170cm width fis indor bed eed an odd sized.

Woudn't it impose an issue on your bedsheet/ mattress/ mattress protector selection as well? :unsure:

You know what. I did not think about that.

I guess I'll just buy king sized stuff and er, cut to size (if needed).

And I guess I can't buy fitted sheets anymore.

Went to Arab St yesterday to hunt for fabrics to style the house. (Also picked up a parking fine, argh!) There are 3 stores that have really really beautiful fabrics from Italy and Japan. Price also very nice, about $70ish per metre.

I think now the master bedroom will be styled like Kenzo Maison, but more subdued.

digital%20floral%20sofas.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today I called the contractor, pressured him about the 15 Jan due date, and guess what? He lost his temper, scolded me and hung up! Ah silly old man. But seriously, at first he said before 1 Jan, and then 15 Jan. And now, we don't even know. What should I do?

KDK fan no longer wobbles. Well done contractor.

The house is also re-painted. At least the house looks painted now. The previous time you had to look really closely to notice the paint.

The living room now has this grey/purple paint. It looks a lot more purple than in the picture actually. Not sure if I like it that much, but I'll hold my thoughts until all the furniture is in.

5345701158_e21da3cd87_z.jpg

It looked like this previously.

5283255566_68fe52fa26_m.jpg

I also think he forgot about this.

5345701838_99484d9c10_z.jpg

I also found this on my altar. This is hilarious, and not to mention hideous.

5345091371_b4da4954f1_z.jpg

Today I called the contractor, pressured him about the 15 Jan due date, and guess what? He lost his temper, scolded me and hung up! Ah silly old man. But seriously, at first he said before 1 Jan, and then 15 Jan. And now, we don't even know. What should I do?

sorry to hear about that... his attitude is really bad :angry: did you engage the contractor on your own or through your ID?

The house is also re-painted. At least the house looks painted now. The previous time you had to look really closely to notice the paint.

The living room now has this grey/purple paint. It looks a lot more purple than in the picture actually. Not sure if I like it that much, but I'll hold my thoughts until all the furniture is in.

5345701158_e21da3cd87_z.jpg

what is the colour you used for the wall? looks like the colour i have for my MBR :)

I also found this on my altar. This is hilarious, and not to mention hideous.

5345091371_b4da4954f1_z.jpg

free gift?? :rofl:

sorry to hear about that... his attitude is really bad :angry: did you engage the contractor on your own or through your ID?

Contractor was recommended through ID. ID is a great guy. Contractor, not so much.

what is the colour you used for the wall? looks like the colour i have for my MBR :)

I think the colour is Silvermink from Dulux. What colour did you use?

I can't believe my contractor is charging me 900 effing dollars for this bedhead... It's just some foam and fabric stapled onto a wooden frame.

5348444289_748e8daa82.jpg

And the back isn't even properly stapled.

5349054254_180b19bb73.jpg

Attention to detail is good...

5349055334_eaa373a45c.jpg

But he got a little careless in this room yeah? There's no skirting, so there shouldn't be that little nook. Also, this bedhead is installed in the wrong room.

5349056146_c7ae0bd0dc.jpg

Mirrored vanity cabinet in the MBR, with glass shelves. Contractor and ID refused to do this at first. It was after much begging that ID decided to do this for us. This is useful for keeping the bathroom neat.

5348449039_e07d047646.jpg

This is what the living room looks like at night...

5349064472_283ed142cc.jpg

I'm liking that purple colour less and less now.

The "landing" area at the entrance. The mirrored doors open up to reveal shelves to store keys and misc items. The top and bottom cabinets are for shoes.

5349063512_b54c437402.jpg

The wooden flap is on the wrong side of the door. (Yes I'm that picky.) But it's an easy thing to fix.

5349059830_4ae4ac2faf.jpg

This is a good example of poor workmanship. It's the underside of the mirrored doors at the entrance area.

5349060814_bf6a52604b.jpg

This one is better.

5348453387_70dddb6ccd.jpg

Also wallpaper for the MBR is in. Looks like cheap wallpaper to me.

5349067938_1b44bcbede.jpg

Edited by january

I can't believe my contractor is charging me 900 effing dollars for this bedhead... It's just some foam and fabric stapled onto a wooden frame.

5348444289_748e8daa82.jpg

:oomg ...i planning to do a full height headboard too...can't imagine how much mine cost man...

Mirrored vanity cabinet in the MBR, with glass shelves. Contractor and ID refused to do this at first. It was after much begging that ID decided to do this for us. This is useful for keeping the bathroom neat.

5348449039_e07d047646.jpg

Why they refused?? dont they know customers are always right.. :P

This is what the living room looks like at night...

5349064472_283ed142cc.jpg

I'm liking that purple colour less and less now.

is your tv console purchased or done by contractor???

:oomg ...i planning to do a full height headboard too...can't imagine how much mine cost man...

Does it have foam padding too? Let me know how much your full height headboard costs. I wanna negotiate with my contractor. I refuse to pay $900 for that skimpy headboard.

Why they refused?? dont they know customers are always right.. :P

is your tv console purchased or done by contractor???

Why they refused? Because they are irresponsible? My ID actually said something like this, "Better not do it, I don't have a good feeling about this. Such a small place and already so many problems." Well you know what, if the contractor hadn't been greedy and wanted to cut costs on the marble, they wouldn't even have half as many problems.

I bought the TV console from Lucano at the Furniture Mall. I always buy whatever furniture I can, because the workmanship is always better than customised carpentry.

Clocks wishlist

Nothing like a Twemco flipclock for ultimate coolness.

I think this is the one in Chungking Express.

Twemco clocks are ridiculously expensive. Maybe I'll just settle for something else instead.

Perhaps something like...

...LED wooden clock, from ultraj26's tblog.

5311284409_330780d49b.jpg

if you want the ultimate cool clock, you can consider the qlocktwo.

qlocktwo.jpg

unfortunately, the price is too shocking to be listed here.

wow January, your place is shaping up real nicely!!!

enjoy following your thread esp the cool stuff you posted... yeah I'm not keen to know their prices...

do keep your pics coming!!!

Thanks for the encouragement singabox! And wow, you sure wake up early.

I am now 1000% certain that the wallpaper for the MBR is of questionable origins. Take a look at the "Operation Manual". :notti:

5351062451_dd6b9005f3_z.jpg

I feel so guilty laughing over this. I do like that the manufacturer takes the effort to explain how to properly put up the wallpaper, albeit in a less than comprehensible manner.

Wallpaper of questionable origins, a sample.

5351070275_3ee0efdaf9_z.jpg

Edited by january