Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Feng Shui - Gua Number & Stove

Hi All Kitchen lovers,

don't worry so much about the kitchen's feng shui. It is only a small component of your house's overall feng shui.

The main factor is the surrounding mountains and water around the building or landed property. If the external Qi is good, you may be able to tap into it with the help of a competent FSM.

Everybody, including plenty of those half-baked masters, spend so much time focusing on the areas like dining room, living room and toilet when all these hardly have an effect on your house's feng shui. The one factor that matters most - the external - is excluded from any meaningful debate and discussion.

It's like studying 5 topics which are not in the syllabus. Everybody missed out on the one topic that would appear in the exam.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear Bepgof,

This calculation couldn't be right...China adopted the ang moh calendar only in 1911?

Cheers!

There are several GUA calculation methods, all are "rubbish" - just take it as mathermatical "game" to kill time.

Those who understand Chinese history...sigh. It makes my blood boils when talking about 1911.....a century ago, it was the time China experienced the most difficult time, internal and external wars. Also one of the "darkest moments" on earth or in mankind history....

Again, I would lor sor.....,if you don't mind.

1895 - 1911. They were many "internal" revolutions within China. If you are interested, you can goole the "辛亥革命". 1911 Feb 5th was beginning of 辛亥年。The movie by JC 辛亥革命 1911 still on right? This is the time when the empire system (lasted some 2800 yrs!)said bye bye and the beginning of the "Republic" of china....

辛亥革命 had some flaws, anyway, the revolution kept going on.

1914 -1st world war began....Japan, Germany, china..., sigh. Long story.

1919, May 4th - the famous "五四运动" - The beginning of "democracy" as well as "communism", another sigh. There was one beautiful event took place this year, the Chinese version of 《和合本》bible was born, before this was 1823's 《神天圣书》. The long translation process filled with and full of "tears, bloods and sweats". The 《和合本》bible has been adopted by chinese churches till now. I've 4 of this, 1niv & 1KJ.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/14478.htm?fr=ala0_1_1

China adopted the ang moh calendar (Gregorian calendar) on 1st January 1912.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar

Worth mentioning BC, AD, BCE, CE, since I touched on calendars.

BC = Before birth of Jesus Christ.

AD = Latin word: "Annus Domini", meaning "The Year of Our Lord"

BCE = Before Common Era = BC

note: Biblical scholars and scientist prefer to use BCE now (marked roughly by the perceived date of the birth of Jesus, so the year zero doesn't change)

CE = Common Era = AD, as in right now 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Christ

Hope txts abt cause no eyes pain which is temporary. Heart pain is forever.

There are several GUA calculation methods, all are "rubbish" - just take it as mathermatical "game" to kill time.

Dear Bepgof,

But isn't the Gua (Kua) number the basis for Eight Mansion analysis?

Cheers!

Those who understand Chinese history...sigh. It makes my blood boils when talking about 1911....

Dear Bepgof,

Don't despair. One has to understand that the history of China, what had gone through, was somewhat inevitable.

To put simply, it had been a very long period (at least 2,500 years) of evolution in the Executive & Administrative structure governing the country.

In 1911, the Executive power of Imperial China ended. To me, the more interesting part of the thousands of years of history of China is that it had been governed mostly by the non-Han.

Cheers!

Dear Bepgof,

Cheers!

One with little common sense would know gua & EM are rubbish, no more and no less.

From dob's 0-9 (10 digits), add this & substract that and derive into 8 posible digits.(not 10 hor). Fit individual number into the individual of the 8 "directions of the house". What if a house stays 8 ppls of different gua#? Open 8 doors? Ask them to stay at Lau Pa Sia which got 360 deg accessing directions!

What is "direction of a house"? Is as subjective as asking question like: This Char bo swee bo? The "basis" already so shaky, not to mention those built upon this base, once blown, all return to dust.

Dear Bepgof,

Cheers!

Hi,

For application of 8 Mansions, use house gua.

House gua is based on the 8 house-facing directions.

Life gua is only used for sleeping and stove direction for each individual.

Dear Tidakboleh,

I believe that most people could relate to Qi in TCM/acupuncture, or Qi in Kung Fu/Qi Cong. But what is Qi in feng shui?

I could agar agar "see" what is Qi in external landform, but not at internal of a house. What is the principle behind Flying Star regarding Qi in the various sectors, let alone why the formation shifts after every 20 years, started from 1683?

Thank you in advance to share with us your views.

Cheers!

Dear Tidakboleh,

I believe that most people could relate to Qi in TCM/acupuncture, or Qi in Kung Fu/Qi Cong. But what is Qi in feng shui?

I could agar agar "see" what is Qi in external landform, but not at internal of a house. What is the principle behind Flying Star regarding Qi in the various sectors, let alone why the formation shifts after every 20 years, started from 1683?

Thank you in advance to share with us your views.

Cheers!

Hi Lauer, just my 1 cent worth of view :)

If you relate Qi to those you mention, you can also relate Qi the same to house.

Your this word "principle" is very wide which can cover a lot of things. Just flying star alone, there are many pinciples that govern. All these principles are directly or indirectly link to your question. If really to explain what is the principle, it can be a few books materials.

Hi Lauer, just my 1 cent worth of view :)

If you relate Qi to those you mention, you can also relate Qi the same to house.

Your this word "principle" is very wide which can cover a lot of things. Just flying star alone, there are many pinciples that govern. All these principles are directly or indirectly link to your question. If really to explain what is the principle, it can be a few books materials.

Any device available for measuring Qi? Like the one used by police to detect alcohol content?

Any device available for measuring Qi? Like the one used by police to detect alcohol content?

Dear Bepgof,

I believe that the intensity of Qi is measured by time lapsed. Ying Yang cycle.

Tio bo, Tidakboleh...

Cheers!

As you have knowledge in tcm, you should more or less have your own answer, don't you?

I believe that the intensity of Qi is measured by time lapsed. Ying Yang cycle.

Tio bo, Tidakboleh...

Since I'm mentioned, got to donate one more cent :)

There is no measurement of Qi. We only strive to detect :)

Not sure what you mean by time lapsed but you are quite right about cycles.

Since I'm mentioned, got to donate one more cent :)

There is no measurement of Qi. We only strive to detect :)

Not sure what you mean by time lapsed but you are quite right about cycles.

Dear Tidakboleh,

For example regarding XKFX, the period 8 influences could be the greater this year when compared to say, the year 2004?

Cheers!