Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Feng Shui - Gua Number & Stove

Hi, what do you mean by position of knobs. Do you mean 4 together and 4 split as you shown in your pictures?

Take this model of Hob to illustrate my point:

Let's say you are standing in front of this hob, and the 4 knobs (not the ring) are on your right.

If you stand and face South, then the row of knobs is considered facing the West.

If you stand and face North, then the row of knobs is facing East...and so on.

j87a_bec_uc4it.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Huh? Stove's control knobs dictate "facing"?

What if knobs are vertically mounted and "separated" from the stove body, like those in restaurant's kitchen.? Facing?

What about induction stove without knobs but with keypad touch-buttons? On right= face right, on left = face left?

Really can't comprehen (figure out the logic) and "appreciate" the significance of the "sitting" & "facing" issues as to fs.

Like as shown in picture, likely you won't use 2 knobs the most further away from reach of hand. Hand will get burnt easily and left hander has to "twist" the body to access to knobs. Why make things complicated? Just to follow the "theory"? Siao liao lah.

Sorry, should wish you: enjoy cooking!.

Let's say you are standing in front of this hob, and the 4 knobs (not the ring) are on your right.

If you stand and face South, then the row of knobs is considered facing the West.

Edited by bepgof

Location takes precedent over Facing! My FSM decided the location of stove and I fine-tuned the facing. I am just fortunate that I managed to find this model which has rows of knobs on right, which happen to be West direction; my Life Gua is 2. ;)

oyud_0d0_uc4it.jpg

Huh? Stove's control knobs dictate "facing"?

What if knobs are vertically mounted and "separated" from the stove body, like those in restaurant's kitchen.? Facing?

What about induction stove without knobs but with keypad touch-buttons? On right= face right, on left = face left?

Anyway, I do not cook at home :lol: That's why I have all White kitchen cabinet.

Like as shown in picture, likely you won't use 2 knobs the most further away from reach of hand. Hand will get burnt easily and left hander has to "twist" the body to access to knobs. Why make things complicated? Just to follow the "theory"? Siao liao lah.

Sorry, should wish you: enjoy cooking!.

Edited by mae29

j87a_bec_uc4it.jpg

I don't quite understand, the 4 knobs on the right is considered one facing. What happens when I turn the knob halfway or full, then will be different direction, very confusing.

I don't quite understand, the 4 knobs on the right is considered one facing. What happens when I turn the knob halfway or full, then will be different direction, very confusing.

江湖feng shui is to get ppl confused, the more confusion the merrier = can be this, can be that, no end....so can earn money mah. Got "front facing", "side facings", "back facing", "top facing", bottom facing" leh. Don't know which "correct facing" is being talked abt.

Best installed hob at central location, ppls of different gua can choose their positions (facing) anytime as they wish, smart hor! :)

Edited by bepgof

江湖feng shui is to get ppl confused, the more confusion the merrier = can be this, can be that, no end....so can earn money mah. Got "front facing", "side facings", "back facing", "top facing", bottom facing" leh. Don't know which "correct facing" is being talked abt.

Best installed hob at central location, ppls of different gua can choose their positions (facing) anytime as they wish, smart hor! :)

For induction cooker how? No knobs, no fire. Is it considered stove? Is it alright for kitchen fengshui?

Stove=fire, induction cooker=fire, water heater=fire, electric thermal flush, electric kettle.....etc. Anything that generates heat = fire. Be "open minded". Fire not only limited to kitchen. Ancient ppl cooked meal/water... always at fixed stove in kitchen, so home fs's fire always narrow down to kitchen. Nowaday, portable induction heater/cooker, heater, etc can be moved from kitchen to hall, even to room and tiolet and "start" the fire there........Position, sitting, facing of these???? Mae, any idea?

For induction cooker how? No knobs, no fire. Is it considered stove? Is it alright for kitchen fengshui?
Edited by bepgof

Stove=fire, induction cooker=fire, water heater=fire, electric thermal flush, electric kettle.....etc. Anything that generates heat = fire. Be "open minded". Fire not only limited to kitchen. Ancient ppl cooked meal/water... always at fixed stove in kitchen, so home fs's fire always narrow down to kitchen. Nowaday, portable induction heater/cooker, heater, etc can be moved from kitchen to hall, even to room and tiolet and "start" the fire there........Position, sitting, facing of these???? Mae, any idea?

Seems like anything generates heat is fire. So my whole house on fire. Is this the way to interpret? So good or bad feng shui? Or don't switch on so many at one go?

You mean install in the centre of the house or centre of the kitchen? Got people do like that?

Seems like anything generates heat is fire. So my whole house on fire. Is this the way to interpret? So good or bad feng shui? Or don't switch on so many at one go?

Socket point also belong to fire?

Message I want to bring across is: "fire" is every where within a modern house, not limited to only kitchen! Why fsms always concentrate on stove/sink in kitchen?. Very likely their "minds" yet to be tuned to date.

One thing "bad" about wu-xing is: the "intensity" of the elements can not be quantified. How much water (in term of kg)is needed to put off fire of certain intensity? How much "wood" is needed to ke "earth" & neutralise each? So on and so for. All these are very "imaginary" & "subjective" to each individual.

A good fs, in term of wu-xing, is to have all the 5 elements present & at a "optimised"=each element not too much & not too less due to ke & sheng finctions. "Too much" fire produces "ash/earth", yet earth ke water = less water and "fire" grows more, etc.....so agar agar can liao, don't too extreme.

As you go to a higher level, will discover that wu-xing not only applies to physical objects(tangible) but also to intangible stuff like "character", "ways of doing thing", TCM, etc . So cheem hor.

Edited by bepgof

TV also generates heat...

Hi, bepgof, everyone here

I am very sorry... I started this topic but didn't follow up with it's reply. I was exhausted & totally drained after my home extreme makeover plan which was considered completed as at today!

Will be even more busy preparing for CNY...

Nevertheless, here is the point I want to mention here is a quote from my fsm:

in such forum, we must be mindful that there is a wide range of readers with different needs. Some are new to fengshui, some may be freelancing professionals, talented amateurs, aficionados & some people who are intellectuals & inclined towards theoritical aspects. Whoever group you belong to, all suggestions, topics & ideas shared in the forum by members, you will find them informative & for reading pleasure.

On the theoritical side, it has elements of metaphysics, existentialism & philosophy all melded into one. When you throw in the practical aspect, it requires skills like problem solving, intellectualising problems, understanding business models, trouble shooting and engaging in life- planning which will then emerges the complexity of feng shui.

If time permits, I will share more on quotes from my fsm.

I just found out from Joey Yap's DVD on fengshui mastery that having a fridge next to a stove (and presumably opposite it) is fine becox the Qi inside the fridge is "frozen".

So having such a layout isn't going to have any diverse effects :)

Felt so relieved after watching the DVD becox my fridge & stove r directly opposite each other and more than 8 feet apart.

<!--quoteo(post=595431:date=Dec 9 2010, 10:00 AM:name=oliginal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oliginal @ Dec 9 2010, 10:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=595431"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can someone enlighten me what is 'Gua' number ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gua or "kua" number (1-9, 5 is "special") is quite similar to the method deployed in "8 mansions" (houses of 8 directions).

1. All born in same YEAR have same GUA, female =A, male =B. All having same "fate" and "favouable directions". Super "ROUGH" of classification. Problem #1

2. Some based 8 directions in accordance to early heavely bagua, some later heavenly bagua, problem #2. 1,2,3,9(顺) = East???, 2,6,7,8( 逆)= West??

3. A house stay with DIFFERENT ppls born in DIFFERENT YEARS, therefore GUA numbers all different. Each has their "favorable directions" - how? One person one house? Problem #3.

How to obtain gua number:

YEAR of birth (last 2 digit): eg 1964 =6+4=10=1+0=1, male = 10-1 = 9

female = 5+1=6

if male = 5, choose 2

if female = 5, choose 8

Completely non-sense. The founder is "no brain", the followers then ??(must be worst than no-brain lah!)

Dear Bepgof,

This calculation couldn't be right...China adopted the ang moh calendar only in 1911?

Cheers!