Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Feng Shui - Gua Number & Stove

An interesting article on Stove vs Gua Number.

If the head of the household's Kua number is 1, the stove should ideally face East. The directions to avoid are West, Northeast, *, and Southwest.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 1?

West - infertility, lung diseases

Northeast - infertility, digestive disorders

* - premature ejaculation, impotency (for men), ovary-related diseases (for women)

Southwest - kidney diseases, bladder diseases

If the head of the household's Kua number is 2, the stove should ideally face West. The directions to avoid are East, Southeast, South, and North.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 2?

East - liver diseases, high blood pressure, stroke

Southeast - liver diseases, high blood pressure, stroke

South - heart diseases, lung diseases, coughing, high blood pressure, stroke

North - * - premature ejaculation, impotency (for men), urinary tract infections, vaginal infections (for women)

If the head of the household's Kua number is 3, the stove should ideally face North. The directions to avoid are Southwest, *, Northeast and West.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 3?

Southwest - stomach diseases, intestinal diseases

* - coughing, lung diseases, respiratory diseases

Northeast - skin diseases, digestive disorders

West - coughing, lung diseases, respiratory diseases

If the head of the household's Kua number is 4, the stove should ideally face South. The directions to avoid are *, Southwest, West, and Northeast.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 4?

* - respiratory diseases, coughing, chest pains

Southwest - digestive disorders, liver diseases, lower body injuries

West - chest pains, lung diseases, insomnia, depression

Northeast - diabetes

If the head of the household's Kua number is 5 (Male), the stove should ideally face West. The directions to avoid are East, Southeast, South, and North.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 5 (Male)?

East - liver diseases, high blood pressure, stroke

Southeast - liver diseases, high blood pressure, stroke

South - heart diseases, lung diseases, coughing, high blood pressure, stroke

North - premature ejaculation, impotency

If the head of the household's Kua number is 5 (Female), the stove should ideally face *. The directions to avoid are South, North, East, and Southeast.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 5 (Female)?

South - lung bleeding, intestinal bleeding, skin infections

North - miscarriage, infertility

East - injuries, bleeding of the brain, intestinal bleeding

Southeast - injuries, bleeding of the brain, intestinal bleeding

If the head of the household's Kua number is 6, the stove should ideally face Northeast. The directions to avoid are Southeast, East, North, and South.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 6?

Southeast - liver diseases, high blood pressure, stroke, injuries

East - liver diseases, high blood pressure, stroke, injuries

North - urinary tract infections, infertility, vaginal infections

South - lung diseases, high blood pressure, heart diseases, coughing, stroke

If the head of the household's Kua number is 7, the stove should ideally face Southwest. The directions to avoid are North, South, Southeast, and East, .

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 7?

North - premature ejaculation, impotency (for men), miscarriage (for women)

South - prone to burns, injuries, bleeding

Southeast - hands/legs/waist injuries, depression

East - hands/legs/waist injuries

If the head of the household's Kua number is 8, the stove should ideally face *. The directions to avoid are South, North, East, and Southeast.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 8?

South - lung bleeding, intestinal bleeding, skin infections

North - premature ejaculation, impotency (for men) miscarriage, infertility (for women)

East - injuries, bleeding of the brain, intestinal bleeding

Southeast - injuries, bleeding of the brain, intestinal bleeding

If the head of the household's Kua number is 9 , the stove should ideally face Southeast. The directions to avoid are Northeast, West, Southwest and *.

What are the possible health implications of the stove facing the inauspicious directions for people with Kua number 9?

Northeast - diseases of small intestine

West - lung diseases, heart diseases, coughing, chest pain

Southwest - swollen feet

* - respiratory diseases, eye diseases

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Useful information, mae29 :)

Everybody pls note that the facing direction of a stove is taken by the facing direction of the person's back, not front. And if one is unable to have the stove facing the ideal facing, then the second option is to face the stove in one of the auspicious facings based on his/her KUA number.

Edited by CoffeeMan

Further on this topic:

A kitchen is best located at a sector where there are positive facing stars such as 9 or 1 (but NOT star 8, burning away your wealth). Kitchen is considered Yang and therefore suitable for facing stars. It can also have neutral star such as 4 and even star 3 as both are of wood elements which support the stove.

It is also acceptable to have sitting stars 9 or 1 in the kitchen as secondary preference. This is because a kitchen can also be considered Yin if the cooking is done quietly and pleasantly with the help of modern appliances.

If the facing or sitting star is 6, it is considered inauspicious as it is akin to fire at heaven’s gate. The reason being the Star 6 is a reference for Heaven based on Early Heaven Ba Gua Trigram.

The stove should ideally follow your Life Gua favorable direction based on 8 Mansion as 1st chouce. If not, we can follow the favorable house Gua direction.

In kitchen FS, we don't like to have an “island” in the middle of a kitchen. This is because the stove will be subject to the onslaught of incoming Qi which is not auspicious (will create health problem).

For kitchen fs, most of you already know, the tap and stove should not be directly facing one another or too near to one another. In the study of the 5 elements, it is akin to water clashing with fire.

Can someone enlighten me what is 'Gua' number ?

Gua or "kua" number (1-9, 5 is "special") is quite similar to the method deployed in "8 mansions" (houses of 8 directions).

1. All born in same YEAR have same GUA, female =A, male =B. All having same "fate" and "favouable directions". Super "ROUGH" of classification. Problem #1

2. Some based 8 directions in accordance to early heavely bagua, some later heavenly bagua, problem #2. 1,2,3,9(顺) = East???, 2,6,7,8( 逆)= West??

3. A house stay with DIFFERENT ppls born in DIFFERENT YEARS, therefore GUA numbers all different. Each has their "favorable directions" - how? One person one house? Problem #3.

How to obtain gua number:

YEAR of birth (last 2 digit): eg 1964 =6+4=10=1+0=1, male = 10-1 = 9

female = 5+1=6

if male = 5, choose 2

if female = 5, choose 8

Completely non-sense. The founder is "no brain", the followers then ??(must be worst than no-brain lah!)

Edited by bepgof

Gua or "kua" number (1-9, 5 is "special") is quite similar to the method deployed in "8 mansions" (houses of 8 directions).

1. All born in same YEAR have same GUA, female =A, male =B. All having same "fate" and "favouable directions". Super "ROUGH" of classification. Problem #1

2. Some based 8 directions in accordance to early heavely bagua, some later heavenly bagua, problem #2. 1,2,3,9(顺) = East???, 2,6,7,8( 逆)= West??

3. A house stay with DIFFERENT ppls born in DIFFERENT YEARS, therefore GUA numbers all different. Each has their "favorable directions" - how? One person one house? Problem #3.

How to obtain gua number:

YEAR of birth (last 2 digit): eg 1964 =6+4=10=1+0=1, male = 10-1 = 9

female = 5+1=6

if male = 5, choose 2

if female = 5, choose 8

Completely non-sense. The founder is "no brain", the followers then ??(must be worst than no-brain lah!)

We need to know at least what it does and why we're applying it.

KUA number calculation is mentioned in many FS books and by many marketing FSM like Lilian and Joey........does it means we follow? Which is why we need to assess even though they come from "credible" source.

Kua number is just a generalized methodology at least to me.

bepgof is right about kua non-sense system.

Let me explain (not from fs point of view since i no expert in this area).

The kua number system is someone who just generate an algorithm (and then starts marketing it) - it then becomes a fs method. Since fs method cannot be prove, how can the kua number be used ?

Maybe i also come out with a algortim on Alaphabet based on family name characters and add some rubbish into it, then why people cannot adopt my system then ?

Hi Chanel26,

It's nice to learn that u've had a good kickstart after getting a FS audit.

Who is ur FS master? Is he representing any temples here in Singapore?

Edited by edenstrauss

bepgof is right about kua non-sense system.

Let me explain (not from fs point of view since i no expert in this area).

The kua number system is someone who just generate an algorithm (and then starts marketing it) - it then becomes a fs method. Since fs method cannot be prove, how can the kua number be used ?

Maybe i also come out with a algortim on Alaphabet based on family name characters and add some rubbish into it, then why people cannot adopt my system then ?

For me, in the course of my study with few masters, in our case study, I have came across incidents caused by FS flaws in the homes. Like my sifu said, if you have doubts, you can always do an Acid Test.

Just done my office fengshui by my master.

Feels so good after that :)

He just pass me a fu to add on my office door.

Don't corporate offices forbid such things?

Sticking yellow paper in such conspicuous places?

Just curious.

Is there a Acid Test for fs ? Does it apply to all or just a few methods ?

For Flying stars especially Star 2 (Sickness), Star 3 (Arguments/Litigations) and Star 5 (calamity/misfortune/serious accidents). You can find out where these stars reside in which sector of your house. Also watched out the sectors where Tai-Sui, Year Breaker and San-Sha resides. I guess you can google and see whole range of information on repercussions if these sectors are accidentally activated.

Just 2 weeks ago, one of my classmate in Batu Bahat came to see me with her house plan. As she has liver ailments, and according to her BaZi chart, her Wood elements are seriously weaken this year, especially the first half of Geng Metal year. Worst still, she placed her stove in NW sector where stars 3&4 Woods reside (Wood represents Liver). She told me that none of the 2 masters who audited her house last year had pointed these flaws to her. Upon my advice, she seek the same master's 2nd opinion, and only when this master came to re-audit her house in person, then they concurred with what I analysed for her.

Be aware that try not to place your stove facing the north and siting on the south.Do under supervision. : )

Edited by binng22

Be aware that try not to place your stove facing the north and siting on the south.Do under supervision. : )

...agreed with you. Always do under supervision!

Edited by mae29