Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ultraj26

Home For 2 +2 - Holland Drive to SA

16/12 - install Pole sys wardrobe from Alumix

haiz... i've got specific positions for the poles so that alignment everything swee swee but apparently the Alumix pple just cannot understand what i want. their boss was there in the morning to explain to them the position they can still get it wrong.

1st time too far from window, 2nd time too near to window... haiz... it was so near that i have no space to install roller blinds!

the 2 workers seems to be in a hurry and grumble non-stop. claiming he confirmed with us then he installed la, claims earlier do further away from window we don't want la...

want to shift position must dismantle whole sys and rebuild. our poles are floor to wall kind so still must unscrew and drill more holes! haizzz

Jason, being the normal cool self told me not to worry he will settle. he ask them to go off 1st he will settle with their boss.

Jason told me if they were his workers he will F them and get them to dismantle , redo on the spot. but they are Alumix workers, so he will settle with the boss, they don't come redo, he won't pay them. lol :D anyway some drawers already got scratches, they will need to replace them.

waste 1 day, don't even have mood to take photos just now. later then see maybe take clearer pic of wardrobe or maybe show how f-up the wardrobe was installed.

to be continued... yet again...

Edited by ultraj26

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hihi! I'm also just starting to reno, hope ur reno goes well! is holland drive the new blocks near bouna vista? super good location!

btw, can i ask how come your citygas piping at the kitchen dun just do straight down if your hob is just underneath it? i'm still thinking of a good way to pull my pipes so that it's hidden.

also, i agree, lighting.com.sg is v cheap. :)

Hihi! I'm also just starting to reno, hope ur reno goes well! is holland drive the new blocks near bouna vista? super good location!

btw, can i ask how come your citygas piping at the kitchen dun just do straight down if your hob is just underneath it? i'm still thinking of a good way to pull my pipes so that it's hidden.

also, i agree, lighting.com.sg is v cheap. :)

I think it is because the hood needs to be mounted on the wall path directly above the stove

generally the way it is run in the picture is most widely use as it is the "least unsightly" way of running the gas pipe

I think it is because the hood needs to be mounted on the wall path directly above the stove

generally the way it is run in the picture is most widely use as it is the "least unsightly" way of running the gas pipe

yah, this way can also box up and conceal. i'm also installing glass backing above cabinet, in the middle protrude a pipe out abit weird

my rm 2 wardrobe

with all the shelves and drawers all at wrong positions! really need to guide them through whole process the next time round they come fix the sys.

5266690542_081e94b380.jpg

if only they space further away from window so...

1) i won't risk pulling out drawer and hitting my table

5266692296_0f793bc9e4.jpg

2) i can comfortably fit in roller blinds

5266084029_d4666dc238.jpg

Edited by ultraj26

the track lights from lightings.com.sg lor. think abt less than $100. go home check reciept let you know. but went to bendemeer branch no track lights and the chandelier design but balestier got. think different branch carry different items and they will tell you all branches same ...

hello! we are at A. you all? mine is 4 rm

sorry for late reply..when do u target to shift in? Im at 18C 5room . :)

my rm 2 wardrobe

with all the shelves and drawers all at wrong positions! really need to guide them through whole process the next time round they come fix the sys.

5266690542_081e94b380.jpg

if only they space further away from window so...

1) i won't risk pulling out drawer and hitting my table

5266692296_0f793bc9e4.jpg

2) i can comfortably fit in roller blinds

5266084029_d4666dc238.jpg

ya, why they dun think a bit and save u all that hassle... dun make sense at all...

Hi all,

have been reading and definitely learning alot from this wonderful forum.

just thought its my chance to contribute by posting some pics and experience to share with fellow forumers.

floor plan

5262193199_ee2321c7c7.jpg

simple drawing of light pts and L-box i wanted to explain to my contractor

5262802208_f4dd4f7578.jpg

collected key Nov

reno started 15 Nov

Short summary of my choosing ID/contractor experience :

My original plan was to engage my colleague(not a very close one) who claims he was a contractor before and he will have all the contacts to workers to do up my house which will easily save $5-8k.

Before confirming my colleague i went to 2 ID firms (A t L i v i n g & In Plan) where i emailed them my floor plan for them to roughly design my house before meeting up.

1st appt : explain to them what i want and make 2nd appt for quotation

2nd appt: discover quotation really expensive and many cost still not covered (really might cost about 10k more than my colleague)

dropped the idea of looking for ID as i don't need their fanciful ideas/designs, i just need a cozy home with simply what i wanted ONLY.

Lastly we met a contractor, Jason (Inner View) recommended by my godsis, telling us how detailed and responsible he is, we decided to make appt to get a quote from him.

experience with Jason :

really experienced contractor, looking at floor plan he points out possible issues with beams/pipings etc which may cause problem to my design.

he told me he believe in explaining all the possible problems beforehand rather than over-promise customers, or just to confirm the deal, simply promising everything can be done.

he will even advise me on things which might be faulty or not practical after a few years.

why Jason over colleague:

realise cost will just be about 3-4k more than colleague.

after understanding my colleague, realise he will be basically calling pple to come work i need to spend alot of time monitoring site. also viewing his own house we weren't really impress by his workmanship of workers he employ.

remember reading through many reno-blogs where many pple regret trying to be their "own contractor". i just had a strong feeling i will add on to that list.

Conclusion:

We decided to leave our dream home to someone strongly recommended by a close friend who had 1st hand experience with and we are comfortable with.

Jason Lim (take note not the boss, apparently boss also call jason lol)

Innerview :)

to be continued...

congrats!! our floor plan is exactly the same.. i am from kallang river vista bendemeer :)

sorry for late reply..when do u target to shift in? Im at 18C 5room . :)

not so soon la, we getting married feb. reno will complete end december

so mean while will just hang around, hold gatherings, maybe sleep over at the spare room

congrats!! our floor plan is exactly the same.. i am from kallang river vista bendemeer :)

congrates to you too! started reno?

17/12 - continue with carpentry works

1)bomb shelter feature wall up

2)more progress on kitchen cabinet, actually left glass works and granite top

3)tv console up

Bomb shelter wall

5269638078_809a3c7da0.jpg

closer look at the laminates, white laminates actually matt leather finish. nice to look and touch too :D

5269036861_737b4cf48f.jpg

kitchen drawers all installed and gas piping concealed

5269646128_45f33db1d5.jpg

5269034527_571b457f96.jpg

my simple console design

5269639236_78f8700629.jpg

now waiting for Jason to make arrangement with Alumix to settle the pole system. and we are waiting for granite top / glass / mirror to be up

to be continued... and yet again... :D

really hate the kitchen floor colour :bangwall:

should have cement screeded the kitchen, just flash across my mind after seeing how not matching the colour of kitchen floor tiles are.

didn't wanted to overlay, so never thought of alternatives, but the cement screed idea just came out suddenly. abit late zz

add on to shopping list :

today went sim siang choon to buy some toilet accessories. (paper holder, towel bar, towel hooks, corner glass shelves)

went to changi south ave 2 outlet, definately the most complete showroom for toilet stuff we've visited so far.

service : didn't require. we shop around, mark down item no. then check out at counter. self-service :)

really hate the kitchen floor colour :bangwall:

should have cement screeded the kitchen, just flash across my mind after seeing how not matching the colour of kitchen floor tiles are.

didn't wanted to overlay, so never thought of alternatives, but the cement screed idea just came out suddenly. abit late zz

add on to shopping list :

today went sim siang choon to buy some toilet accessories. (paper holder, towel bar, towel hooks, corner glass shelves)

went to changi south ave 2 outlet, definately the most complete showroom for toilet stuff we've visited so far.

service : didn't require. we shop around, mark down item no. then check out at counter. self-service :)

hi ultraj26,

yes, sorry to say the kitchen really cmi. I request to overlay immed upon collection of keys. The color looks like soda biscuits to me. Yr idea of cement screed is really cool though...

oinkoink

21/12 - alumix came to reinstall pole sys / met 2 curtain co.

Jason told me the installers were not very happy, told me to not appear until its fixed. He will make sure they do swee swee.

Made appointment with Fabulous Curtain, so got to be there at 1.30pm. Lucky the 2 **** rude installers were leaving, at the lift when we arrived. Anyway the pole sys is fixed, and configuration all correct this time round, EXCEPT : they removed 1 of my hanging pole, never fixed back and brought back with them. W T f.... maybe they love my house too much, like to come back many times. Jason also stunt, he missed that. It was a pole under a drawer to hang pants, so i won't blame him for that, as usual he told me, "don't worry, i settle" lol

Fabulous Curtain were early, they were waiting for us actually. Sales person - Jeff. very friendly brought a colleague. gave very constructive suggestions and also understands our requirements. Bring out correct materials and colours for us to choose. Had experiences where sales person keep pushing you materials which you won't even consider.

2nd appt : June and Hubby

intro from friend. very happy go lucky couple, had the materials we wanted, able to work around our budget accordingly, best quote!

confirmed them on the spot. Highly recommended. Those already had an idea of material/colour for curtain/roller and also had quotations from some companies, i will be more than willing to share June contact so you can make appointment and do a final comparison. drop me a pm

Edited by ultraj26