Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I totally second that. Lots and lots of panadol. Seriously.

I feel like I'm so totally boring picking black/white/wood grain stuff. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

can always add a touch of colour in the furnishing to add vibrancy to the place. Furniture can change, but fixtures a bit more difficult.

can always add a touch of colour in the furnishing to add vibrancy to the place. Furniture can change, but fixtures a bit more difficult.

Jialat, my furniture also black and white...

you planning to do multi-colour?

No lah, i don't like multi colour but i don't like wood grain type of laminate nor leather type. Also don't like full colour glossy or flowery or those modern lines....i l like natural stones or marble lookalike.... yet have to suit the overall design. when its suitable for 1 part, the other part is not suitable anymore. so its a headache!!!

Hugs! It's normal... we also not very satisfed with the laminate we had selected so far despite spending two sessions of 3hrs there.... Our colours are mostly black, white and wood. Kind of boring yet we are not willing to take loud prints. Hard to visualise how the big thing will be like by looking at the small small pieces of sample... But good thing is that we like wood grain so one less headache... Let's organise a gp purchase of panadols for all the owners who r undergoing reno...

thanks friend78 and Ely1. I feel better with the hug and console... out of the 10 items that need laminate, i only manage to do 6 for the moment. my contractor also says that its so difficult for me to choose as i have too many things that i do not like. i think i need another session of 2 hours before it can be done..... but all these depends on the 3D too.. if the 3D is not nice, time to choose again. :bangwall:

how shall we have group buy of panadols? :)

Jialat, my furniture also black and white...

mine is not black and white but also boring.... very plain colour.... no loud colours or special design.

but i am adding a few colours photos and paintings... especially those that your brother had taken. :)

SELECTION OF TILES & LAMINATE

Last saturday, i went to choose tiles again. This is my 3rd trip.... everyone is telling me to have some idea in mind before going to the shop. The problem is, i already have the idea but the shops have none that is close to what i wanted!

In the end, i choose something different from what i initially wanted. Maybe i am a bit tired of all these thus just choose something acceptable and praying that it will turn out alright.

After choosing tiles, went to the contractor's office to choose laminate. How many items have laminate?

1) Wardrobe

2) Platform bed (not laminate but wooden slates??)

3) Feature wall in bedroom + door facing bedroom

4) Door to WIW

5) TV console

6) Feature wall in living room + door facing living room

7) Shoe cabinet

8) Main door

9) Wardrobe for guest room

10) Kitchen cabinet

Just 10 items but its already giving me a big headache as it need to match everything else i have. And my contractor says its difficult as i do not like anything that have wood feel or modern glossy (except kitchen).

Until today, my headache is still very painful.... physical pain, not just metaphor. :bangwall::(:help:

whats the theme you have in mind?

my bedroom is resort and the rest of the house are modern.

so you like your toilet resort or modern? modern is what kind of theme.. let us knw roughly the color of your kitchen , living and bedroom

so you like your toilet resort or modern? modern is what kind of theme.. let us knw roughly the color of your kitchen , living and bedroom

common toilet = modern - black and white marble

master toilet = resort - beige brownish

MBR = resort - mahogany platform with greyish laminate on feature wall

living = modern - feature wall marble white with black lines

kitchen = white and red

common toilet = modern - black and white marble

master toilet = resort - beige brownish

MBR = resort - mahogany platform with greyish laminate on feature wall

living = modern - feature wall marble white with black lines

kitchen = white and red

just my 2cts.. think better stick to one theme

if too many color combi the house will look very "ruan"

just my 2cts.. think better stick to one theme

if too many color combi the house will look very "ruan"

that is why i am having a headache cos the laminate do not have wht i wanted so in the end now is full of colours. still waiting for the 3D then might have to rechoose again.....

that is why i am having a headache cos the laminate do not have wht i wanted so in the end now is full of colours. still waiting for the 3D then might have to rechoose again.....

then you have to decide you want modern or resort lor

only can choose one heee :D

once you confirmed the theme you want then it will be easier imo

Edited by reglxt

then you have to decide you want modern or resort lor

only can choose one heee :D

once you confirmed the theme you want then it will be easier imo

i think my MBR having resort and the rest of the house as modern its ok. Bedroom is separate and no one will go in except me mah.... and i really like my red and white kitchen.... i been dreaming about this since i was 15 years old. hahahaha.....

never mind, i will think about it again.... thanks for your feedback. :) its easier when there are someone for me to discuss with.

Think red/white kitchens are pretty common and rather eye-catching. Just keep one consistent element, like splashback, red so it won't look too out of place with the rest of the modern look.

Single strip of red cabinets:

red-and-white-kitchen-cabinet-designs-1.

Red wall + splashback:

2403862633_4f76b71a2b.jpg

2404690586_3b11a91fdf.jpg

Red countertop:

modern-white-kitchen-red-surfaces-workto

These will flush well with the rest of the modern black/white look of the general living areas. Master bed and bath can be modern resort - something like this?

resort-bedrood-ocean-view.jpg