Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

There is this place that sells nice canvas oil painting.

Saw the price seems ok.

I also intend to go there when my reno done too.

It's at Chinatown, beside the Buddha relic temple.

Opposite the Kwan bee guan bak Kwa.

do you have the exact address? where is this buddha relic temple? haahaha... i am not very familar with temples in SG.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I see if I pop by there these days then checkout the address. :P

Coz usually I know how to go but not addr. :P

oh ok.... if you see a painting with forest feels and its green (not autumn feel) then please let me know. also the size must be about the size of 50" TV. :bow: thank you

I plan to buy a clock from them too...haven't thought of what to customise though...

CLOCK

Maybe i like to be in control of everything, so i need clocks.... in all places in my house.

I have been looking to many shops, like Molecule for a unique clock for my living room (bedrooms will use alarm clocks). Still unable to find something unique until i saw this website : www.hourstyle.com

And i love those photos that supersimon27 took of singapore cityscapes and landscapes. He being so kind hearted, burnt a dvd for me with those photos i love so that i can have my unique clock. No one else will have it since photo is taken by him!!! :sport-smiley-003:

So special thanks to supersimon27 for his generous heart for giving me those photos

:good:

*reserved for picture of my clock*

I plan to buy a clock from them too...haven't thought of what to customise though...

When are you doing it? I am in no rush cos still 2 months before moving in. :)

But I want to do them soon cos it's so pretty... :)

Aarrgghhh so contradicting!!

why must the painting be the size of 50" TV? are you going to have it on the wall right behind the tv....? :P

My tv is mounted an a swivel feature wall. So when I turn it to the bedroom, living room will look at the painting. If I turn the tv to living room, bedroom will see the painting.

Most of the time, tv will be in bedroom (like to lie in bed to watch tv). Then when I come home or guests suddenly come, the feature wall will not be so empty.... In place of a tv, it's a nice oil painting. Guests can sit there at sofa to admire it.

You understand what I am trying to say?? Hehe.... The panel that can swivel fits a 60" tv. So if painting is 50", it's slightly smaller than the tv lah but not too small.

My tv is mounted an a swivel feature wall. So when I turn it to the bedroom, living room will look at the painting. If I turn the tv to living room, bedroom will see the painting.

Most of the time, tv will be in bedroom (like to lie in bed to watch tv). Then when I come home or guests suddenly come, the feature wall will not be so empty.... In place of a tv, it's a nice oil painting. Guests can sit there at sofa to admire it.

You understand what I am trying to say?? Hehe.... The panel that can swivel fits a 60" tv. So if painting is 50", it's slightly smaller than the tv lah but not too small.

very nice idea! Reminds me of those old swordfighting shows. When the heroes are trapped, they suddenly revealed a secret chamber hidden behind the walls when they accidentally touched some rocks etc :D

hahaha yea i know about the swirvel part so i actually wanted to ask if this is the case... keke so i guessed correctly :P

very nice idea! Reminds me of those old swordfighting shows. When the heroes are trapped, they suddenly revealed a secret chamber hidden behind the walls when they accidentally touched some rocks etc :D

hahahaha this is so funny! :lol:

this idea sounds good!

at least wont be so empty hor ..

hahaha yea i know about the swirvel part so i actually wanted to ask if this is the case... keke so i guessed correctly :P

thanks for thinking its a good idea. it took me a while to think about this. That is why i am so particular about the size of painting i want to put on the swivel wall... and i want it to have some depth that when you look at the painting, it will not be

friends + family : "oh ok... nice...."

but i want to say something like this:

friends + family : "hhmmm..... nice painting.... ohhh.. i think i can see the leaves moving.... ehh... can see chow yun fatt fighting among the bamboo"

hahahah... just like what froggy says, secret wall.... crouching tiger hidden dragon?

Edited by May_dream1

1st bad news

So far, my journey in getting my flat and renovation have been going on smoothly. No delays, no rejection and no problems at all. Until an hour ago when i was speaking to my contractor regarding a meet up to confirm 3D for tomorrow. He told me that HDB has rejected the application to knock down 4 walls. They only allowed 1 which is between kitchen and living room.

Contractor says that he will work it out with the officer. Hopefully next time i hear about this, it will all be approved. :(

1st bad news

So far, my journey in getting my flat and renovation have been going on smoothly. No delays, no rejection and no problems at all. Until an hour ago when i was speaking to my contractor regarding a meet up to confirm 3D for tomorrow. He told me that HDB has rejected the application to knock down 4 walls. They only allowed 1 which is between kitchen and living room.

Contractor says that he will work it out with the officer. Hopefully next time i hear about this, it will all be approved. :(

wah, you want to knock down 4 walls? So whole house is like "one big room"?

wah, you want to knock down 4 walls? So whole house is like "one big room"?

hahah... no lah, my house is not studio.... but i have to knock down 4 walls

1) Between Kitchen & dining/living

2) between MBR and the bedroom 2 next to it

3) between bedroom 2 and living

4) between toilet and MBR

This is so that my MBR is a very big room!!

hahah... no lah, my house is not studio.... but i have to knock down 4 walls

1) Between Kitchen & dining/living

2) between MBR and the bedroom 2 next to it

3) between bedroom 2 and living

4) between toilet and MBR

This is so that my MBR is a very big room!!

well at least, the most critical one i.e. the wall between kitchen and living room can be hacked. you can have you big island! :lol:

hmmmm if it's really difficult, i think the 2nd option is to forego (3) and (4).... actually i see no purpose for (4) leh~ :P