Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Wow! This is my 1st reaction when I see the 3D pics!

Frankly, been seeing so many houses all these yrs...(sorry dun wan to disclose my profession yet but definitely not related to interior designs), nvr see so nice houses like Reno-t-blog chat here...

Been a silent reader for years...Going to renovate my 5rm flat soon as dun plan to upgrade since my mum stays next blk to me.

Still hunting for the right ID firm cos haven meet one with the right chemistry. It can b reAlly frustrating when many calls you and ask for floor plan and did not follow up again. Worst when some just eagerly sent in their quotation.

Will b following yr blog cos really love the colour scheme. I have in mind is also the simple white, black, grey and splashes of red! Yrs really nice and thanks to fellow members here that I am really learning alot here...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

may_dream,

you do have alot of laminate to think about!

Though usually people get the same type of laminates for the whole house so that it look more synchronized.

But ya, bedroom resort, rest modern feel, still ok.

Those that Ely1 posted, looks great! :)

now i'm glad i only have kitchen and MBR carpentry to think abt as I'm only going to do carpentry in those area. :P

Do post up if you have any laminates u have in mind, or pictures taken.

Am sure people here can give real good advice..

Then can minimize your headache abit. :P

SELECTION OF TILES & LAMINATE

Last saturday, i went to choose tiles again. This is my 3rd trip.... everyone is telling me to have some idea in mind before going to the shop. The problem is, i already have the idea but the shops have none that is close to what i wanted!

In the end, i choose something different from what i initially wanted. Maybe i am a bit tired of all these thus just choose something acceptable and praying that it will turn out alright.

After choosing tiles, went to the contractor's office to choose laminate. How many items have laminate?

1) Wardrobe

2) Platform bed (not laminate but wooden slates??)

3) Feature wall in bedroom + door facing bedroom

4) Door to WIW

5) TV console

6) Feature wall in living room + door facing living room

7) Shoe cabinet

8) Main door

9) Wardrobe for guest room

10) Kitchen cabinet

Just 10 items but its already giving me a big headache as it need to match everything else i have. And my contractor says its difficult as i do not like anything that have wood feel or modern glossy (except kitchen).

Until today, my headache is still very painful.... physical pain, not just metaphor. :bangwall::(:help:

maybe? i was having bad headache yesterday too, head felt like going to explode....

i spent 3 hours choosing laminate and i only have one to choose: kitchen cabinet. if you have to choose laminate for 10 different items, sure you will take a long time! maybe should use same laminate for some of the items? if the house has 10 different combi of laminates for 10 different items, i think it will look very messy..... :(

Hugs! It's normal... we also not very satisfed with the laminate we had selected so far despite spending two sessions of 3hrs there.... Our colours are mostly black, white and wood. Kind of boring yet we are not willing to take loud prints. Hard to visualise how the big thing will be like by looking at the small small pieces of sample... But good thing is that we like wood grain so one less headache... Let's organise a gp purchase of panadols for all the owners who r undergoing reno...

I totally second that. Lots and lots of panadol. Seriously.

I feel like I'm so totally boring picking black/white/wood grain stuff. :(

can always add a touch of colour in the furnishing to add vibrancy to the place. Furniture can change, but fixtures a bit more difficult.

hahaha GB for panadol! you all are so cute... maybe 100 plus better... not good to take so much panadol~

actually you all are not boring la, these are safe colours that can go through the test of time. and agree with what forggy said - you can add nice pieces of furnishing and they will stand out more with a background that is not-so-loud :)

i think my MBR having resort and the rest of the house as modern its ok. Bedroom is separate and no one will go in except me mah.... and i really like my red and white kitchen.... i been dreaming about this since i was 15 years old. hahahaha.....

i think it's okie if your bedroom is resort theme and the rest of the house is modern theme, and MBR is somewhere that you can "retreat" to after a hard day of work... resort style will be nice :)

just one suggestion - hope i'm not adding to your headache - maybe you can consider wall paper for feature wall? cos i think it's harder to choose a classy looking laminate for such a big area like feature wall. but if you have already chosen... nevermind la :)

and what i said above, maybe limit the number of laminates and use a few same one throughout the house...

just my 2cts.. think better stick to one theme

if too many color combi the house will look very "ruan"

I think it's up to individual .

For me , same case .

My mbr - I go for spa resort feel (same with my toilet). Reason I want it to feel Cosy and not too cool like my living

Living - I try to create the modern retro feel ( using black white with round edge furniture to create the space age feel , din really success but still not too bad)

Kitchen - go red , chilli red , theme modern .

Some pp like whole house same theme , but I prefer different theme for different area . Like that it give u a feel of entering a different world when u go different area :)

Just my 2 cents too . Might not work for all

Think red/white kitchens are pretty common and rather eye-catching. Just keep one consistent element, like splashback, red so it won't look too out of place with the rest of the modern look.

These will flush well with the rest of the modern black/white look of the general living areas. Master bed and bath can be modern resort - something like this?

Thanks Ely1 for showing all the nice photos.... definitely looks fantastic!!! Gave me some ideas... thanks

i think it's okie if your bedroom is resort theme and the rest of the house is modern theme, and MBR is somewhere that you can "retreat" to after a hard day of work... resort style will be nice :)

I think it's up to individual .

For me , same case .

My mbr - I go for spa resort feel (same with my toilet). Reason I want it to feel Cosy and not too cool like my living

Living - I try to create the modern retro feel ( using black white with round edge furniture to create the space age feel , din really success but still not too bad)

Kitchen - go red , chilli red , theme modern .

Some pp like whole house same theme , but I prefer different theme for different area . Like that it give u a feel of entering a different world when u go different area :)

Just my 2 cents too . Might not work for all

Thanks Marshmallow, supersimon27!! I only have 2 main theme as basically the whole house its like only 2 area, my MBR and living/dining/kitchen. So i am trying to limit to 3 colours to each area so that it will not look very messy or luan. But yet its totally different feel between MBR and living++.

your 2cents worth is not worth 2 cents only!!! definitely very valuable to me.

may_dream,

you do have alot of laminate to think about!

Though usually people get the same type of laminates for the whole house so that it look more synchronized.

But ya, bedroom resort, rest modern feel, still ok.

Those that Ely1 posted, looks great! :)

now i'm glad i only have kitchen and MBR carpentry to think abt as I'm only going to do carpentry in those area. :P

Do post up if you have any laminates u have in mind, or pictures taken.

Am sure people here can give real good advice..

Then can minimize your headache abit. :P

yes, i also didn't realised there are so many places for laminates.... and i didn't take any photos or samples so not able to show it yet. Maybe the next time lah.... hehehehe....

Thanks Marshmallow, supersimon27!! I only have 2 main theme as basically the whole house its like only 2 area, my MBR and living/dining/kitchen. So i am trying to limit to 3 colours to each area so that it will not look very messy or luan. But yet its totally different feel between MBR and living++.

your 2cents worth is not worth 2 cents only!!! definitely very valuable to me.

hahaha at first we were also trying to create a "resort" feel to the MBR though unsucessful in the end.... :lol:

hmmm since kitchen is white and red? living room maybe can consider black, grey, white (plus red maybe)? so the whole area only 4 colours... i think these 4 colours go well with each other. some may say these are boring colours but seriously if one is talking about modern theme, can't really run away from black, grey, white (at least my opinion la :P)

erm my $0.02 is in HK dollar, so smaller than Simon's :lol:

yea i also think Ely1's photos all very nice, makes me drool and feel like renovating again... hahahaha :P

hahaha at first we were also trying to create a "resort" feel to the MBR though unsucessful in the end.... :lol:

hmmm since kitchen is white and red? living room maybe can consider black, grey, white (plus red maybe)? so the whole area only 4 colours... i think these 4 colours go well with each other. some may say these are boring colours but seriously if one is talking about modern theme, can't really run away from black, grey, white (at least my opinion la :P)

yea i also think Ely1's photos all very nice, makes me drool and feel like renovating again... hahahaha :P

ya second this.. maybe narrow down to grey, black, white & red for kitchen hall and common toilet..

then again its really up to individual :)

you having open kitchen right?

so colour of kitchen and hall should somehow complement nicely. Since kitchen is red/white, I also agree that hall be those white/black/grey tones, yes, maybe even with a splash of red.

actually that's what i did also. kitchen is mainly orange. Hall we use grey and white. and bought orange furniture so reduce the "boring look' of the hall. Actually we like the place to be bright and vibrant, but not daring enough to try, esp since kitchen is already so "hot". So in the end use this method.

ya second this.. maybe narrow down to grey, black, white & red for kitchen hall and common toilet..

then again its really up to individual :)

you having open kitchen right?

so colour of kitchen and hall should somehow complement nicely. Since kitchen is red/white, I also agree that hall be those white/black/grey tones, yes, maybe even with a splash of red.

actually that's what i did also. kitchen is mainly orange. Hall we use grey and white. and bought orange furniture so reduce the "boring look' of the hall. Actually we like the place to be bright and vibrant, but not daring enough to try, esp since kitchen is already so "hot". So in the end use this method.

4 colours are ok? i am trying to narrow to 3 colours only. maybe 3 colours a bit boring?? ok lah.. i will see what complement each other in those 4 colours.... thanks for all your :help:

i will ask my contractor to redo the 3D with my chosen colours then see how it goes again. but this weekend i will be away from singapore so i guess the following weekend i have to confirm everything as my reno starting after that. cannot delay liao.... hehehehe...

4 colours are ok? i am trying to narrow to 3 colours only. maybe 3 colours a bit boring?? ok lah.. i will see what complement each other in those 4 colours.... thanks for all your :help:

i will ask my contractor to redo the 3D with my chosen colours then see how it goes again. but this weekend i will be away from singapore so i guess the following weekend i have to confirm everything as my reno starting after that. cannot delay liao.... hehehehe...

hahaha oops i thought you meant one place 3 colours, so living room and kitchen = 3 x 2 = 6, and 4 colours is a reduction of 2 colours...... :lol:

anyway, let's see the 3D first ;)

you already quite fast leh... i only choose laminate like halfway thru reno... haha :P

hahaha oops i thought you meant one place 3 colours, so living room and kitchen = 3 x 2 = 6, and 4 colours is a reduction of 2 colours...... :lol:

anyway, let's see the 3D first ;)

you already quite fast leh... i only choose laminate like halfway thru reno... haha :P

no no... i mean 1 place 3 colours so living and kitchen = 1 place as its a open concept mah... there is no clear definition of kitchen and living. its basically 1 big place... hehehehe....

is it?? i didn't know that you can still choose halfway throught the reno.... i thought everything must be done before reno starts.

no no... i mean 1 place 3 colours so living and kitchen = 1 place as its a open concept mah... there is no clear definition of kitchen and living. its basically 1 big place... hehehehe....

is it?? i didn't know that you can still choose halfway throught the reno.... i thought everything must be done before reno starts.

depends on the item i guess... like normally carpentry comes in last so you can choose later~ but you have a lot of items so maybe your contractor needs more time to do... haha :lol:

depends on the item i guess... like normally carpentry comes in last so you can choose later~ but you have a lot of items so maybe your contractor needs more time to do... haha :lol:

i guess i still can choose later since hacking and tiling will take abt 2 weeks?