Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

well at least, the most critical one i.e. the wall between kitchen and living room can be hacked. you can have you big island! :lol:

hmmmm if it's really difficult, i think the 2nd option is to forego (3) and (4).... actually i see no purpose for (4) leh~ :P

I will let contractor handle the officer. If still cannot approved, i will go see the officer himself and get it approved. There are no reason why they won't approve since none of it is pillars leh... some things i am ok, some i will insist. :)

(3) is for me to do my feature wall where my "crouching tiger hidden dragon" wall will be at!! cannot don't do... :jawdrop:

(4) is for me to change the door opening.... the door to toilet is on the left side, so i am knocking down the right side wall so that the door on the right instead of left. left will be replaced with glass panel. :jammin:

Edited by May_dream1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I will let contractor handle the officer. If still cannot approved, i will go see the officer himself and get it approved. There are no reason why they won't approve since none of it is pillars leh... some things i am ok, some i will insist. :)

(3) is for me to do my feature wall where my "crouching tiger hidden dragon" wall will be at!! cannot don't do... :jawdrop:

(4) is for me to change the door opening.... the door to toilet is on the left side, so i am knocking down the right side wall so that the door on the right instead of left. left will be replaced with glass panel. :jammin:

hahahaha i see! :lol: dunno if (3) can be done with making a hole in the existing wall? :P

but... hmmm dun you think if you do (4), the toilet is very "transparent"? :unsure: you're staying alone now so it's okie, but what if in future more pple are staying with you? or you're going to use frosted glass?

i guess HDB also worried that so much hacking will "disturb" the structure of this old flat and cause problems to upstairs/downstairs neighbours~ but anyway, let your contractor handle them la hahaha :lol:

hahah... no lah, my house is not studio.... but i have to knock down 4 walls

1) Between Kitchen & dining/living

2) between MBR and the bedroom 2 next to it

3) between bedroom 2 and living

4) between toilet and MBR

This is so that my MBR is a very big room!!

although all are not structural, but if all hack, will affect anything or not? Maybe that's why it's not approved? anyway, I think yr contractor and hdb people will know best.

but got to agree with marsh. at least the most important one (at least for me lah) is approved. Whilst you may plan to have a big mbr now, maybe years down the road, you may have other priorities and may need more rooms? maybe one of the room will become a home-office? maybe got people stay with you? maybe ... maybe

hahahaha i see! :lol: dunno if (3) can be done with making a hole in the existing wall? :P

but... hmmm dun you think if you do (4), the toilet is very "transparent"? :unsure: you're staying alone now so it's okie, but what if in future more pple are staying with you? or you're going to use frosted glass?

i guess HDB also worried that so much hacking will "disturb" the structure of this old flat and cause problems to upstairs/downstairs neighbours~ but anyway, let your contractor handle them la hahaha :lol:

hahaah... if make a hole, it will not have the same effect and the swivel pole cannot put into the wall.

Yes, i did think of the transparency but if really worried, can always install a roller blinds in the future. for now, i will leave it open. heheehe.... and no, i am not going to have it frosted cos i want to look out when i shower. heheheeh... if frosted, cannot look out anymore.

although all are not structural, but if all hack, will affect anything or not? Maybe that's why it's not approved? anyway, I think yr contractor and hdb people will know best.

but got to agree with marsh. at least the most important one (at least for me lah) is approved. Whilst you may plan to have a big mbr now, maybe years down the road, you may have other priorities and may need more rooms? maybe one of the room will become a home-office? maybe got people stay with you? maybe ... maybe

i already have 1 extra room. i think that is enough if i never need to have home-office. if next time i get married, no problem with toilet having clear glass..... hehehhe.... most hotels nowadays also have see clear glass toilets.....

hahaah... if make a hole, it will not have the same effect and the swivel pole cannot put into the wall.

Yes, i did think of the transparency but if really worried, can always install a roller blinds in the future. for now, i will leave it open. heheehe.... and no, i am not going to have it frosted cos i want to look out when i shower. heheheeh... if frosted, cannot look out anymore.

i already have 1 extra room. i think that is enough if i never need to have home-office. if next time i get married, no problem with toilet having clear glass..... hehehhe.... most hotels nowadays also have see clear glass toilets.....

depends on your spouse... my hubby, for one, violently object the idea of clear glass toilet.......... hahahaha :lol:

let your contractor try first. if cannot, then i supply you some ideas on alternative for swivel wall. haha~ :P

depends on your spouse... my hubby, for one, violently object the idea of clear glass toilet.......... hahahaha :lol:

let your contractor try first. if cannot, then i supply you some ideas on alternative for swivel wall. haha~ :P

hahahahah..... if my spouse really object violently, then i will put roller blinds loh...

for now, no boyfriend yet, not to say husband. So i am not so concern about that.... even if i do, i think based on my characters, i am sure my future hubby will not mind clear glass toilet :P

There is this place that sells nice canvas oil painting.

Saw the price seems ok.

I also intend to go there when my reno done too.

It's at Chinatown, beside the Buddha relic temple.

Opposite the Kwan bee guan bak Kwa.

Footprint, I think I found the shop you said. Lots of the painting is on offer. But I could not find anything I like. Maybe one that is passable, but others are totally cannot make it.

Colours not sharp, paintings not lively enough. Very "dead"..... But I didn't search all paintings.... Just looked into 2 piles (abt 50 paintings) and asked the man to recommend to me. but whatever i said, he says don't have....Haiz... Bad service too...

Edited by May_dream1

When are you doing it? I am in no rush cos still 2 months before moving in. :)

But I want to do them soon cos it's so pretty... :)

Aarrgghhh so contradicting!!

i'm not in a rush to do it too...though eager to have everything done up now... :D

i'm not in a rush to do it too...though eager to have everything done up now... :D

*high 5* its the same excitement, i think. hahahaha..... can't wait to have everything nice and ready....heheehe.... and i also know that once i move in, will be too lazy to decor the flat. hehehe....

1st bad news

So far, my journey in getting my flat and renovation have been going on smoothly. No delays, no rejection and no problems at all. Until an hour ago when i was speaking to my contractor regarding a meet up to confirm 3D for tomorrow. He told me that HDB has rejected the application to knock down 4 walls. They only allowed 1 which is between kitchen and living room.

Contractor says that he will work it out with the officer. Hopefully next time i hear about this, it will all be approved. :(

don't worry, contractor should be close friends with hdb officers le...spend some time drink kopi with them, if stil cannot u sponsor them go ktv lo... :P

don't worry, contractor should be close friends with hdb officers le...spend some time drink kopi with them, if stil cannot u sponsor them go ktv lo... :P

hehehe.... i hope so lah... though my contractor says didn't get approved but he says shouldn't be a problem cos they just want to make sure what we are doing after hacking. But that is the 1st time during these few months that things didn't get done at 1st time. life too good for me, maybe?? hehehe...

eh.... i don't know how to sing leh.... can bring them to ktv?? hhhmmm..... isn't that considered as bribing?

Edited by May_dream1

why 4 walls...if hdb reject i am sure its becoz of structural beams concerns..very drastic...4 walls lei!

diva79, hahaha..... yes, hacking 4 walls!!! its not that much lah... want the flat to be as what i dream of. hehehe...

SELECTION OF TILES & LAMINATE

Last saturday, i went to choose tiles again. This is my 3rd trip.... everyone is telling me to have some idea in mind before going to the shop. The problem is, i already have the idea but the shops have none that is close to what i wanted!

In the end, i choose something different from what i initially wanted. Maybe i am a bit tired of all these thus just choose something acceptable and praying that it will turn out alright.

After choosing tiles, went to the contractor's office to choose laminate. How many items have laminate?

1) Wardrobe

2) Platform bed (not laminate but wooden slates??)

3) Feature wall in bedroom + door facing bedroom

4) Door to WIW

5) TV console

6) Feature wall in living room + door facing living room

7) Shoe cabinet

8) Main door

9) Wardrobe for guest room

10) Kitchen cabinet

Just 10 items but its already giving me a big headache as it need to match everything else i have. And my contractor says its difficult as i do not like anything that have wood feel or modern glossy (except kitchen).

Until today, my headache is still very painful.... physical pain, not just metaphor. :bangwall::(:help:

Last saturday, i went to choose tiles again. This is my 3rd trip.... everyone is telling me to have some idea in mind before going to the shop. The problem is, i already have the idea but the shops have none that is close to what i wanted!

In the end, i choose something different from what i initially wanted. Maybe i am a bit tired of all these thus just choose something acceptable and praying that it will turn out alright.

After choosing tiles, went to the contractor's office to choose laminate. How many items have laminate?

1) Wardrobe

4) Door to WIW

5) TV console

7) Shoe cabinet

8) Main door

10) Kitchen cabinet

Just 10 items but its already giving me a big headache as it need to match everything else i have. And my contractor says its difficult as i do not like anything that have wood feel or modern glossy (except kitchen).

Until today, my headache is still very painful.... physical pain, not just metaphor. :bangwall::(:help:

you planning to do multi-colour?

1) Wardrobe

4) Door to WIW

5) TV console

7) Shoe cabinet

8) Main door

10) Kitchen cabinet

Hugs! It's normal... we also not very satisfed with the laminate we had selected so far despite spending two sessions of 3hrs there.... Our colours are mostly black, white and wood. Kind of boring yet we are not willing to take loud prints. Hard to visualise how the big thing will be like by looking at the small small pieces of sample... But good thing is that we like wood grain so one less headache... Let's organise a gp purchase of panadols for all the owners who r undergoing reno...