Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

RENOVATION DAY 31 : RETILE

I went over yesterday night to check on the carpentry. Obviously i was wearing high heels.... so when i went in to walk around, i can hear some hollow sound from the tiles. So those that use fingers, hands, special tools etc to check for hollowness, the best way is to wear heels and walk round and round.

Why its better?

1) You need to walk around to take photos anyway

2) No need to bend and check one by one so won't hurt your back

3) Won't hurt your fingers or knuckles

4) Definitely faster and more effective

So, while walking around i found 3 tiles that have hollow sound. Today, 2 tilers came redo those tiles plus replace another tile in master toilet, as plumber drill hole wrongly. Also the tiler have to do a box up to over the piping.

For these, i will take picture tomorrow.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sis May

Wow...seems like time is really flying & you are going to move to your very own home soon!!

Can't wait to visit your new house, and hope that time clicks faster for 21 May to come quickly. :)

Still got many days to go.... let me have some time to unpack and make it nice lah. hehehe..

Really moving on fast!

The 15ft looks long! Thou with dressing table, still looks shiok wor.

Solid top installation not so dusty. So still ok.

N yes, mainly ur bedrooms must be up so u can shift all in on fri. :)

Just 3 sections for tops and bottom, then 1 section just for long dresses. So, not that big leh.... you can come have a look lah.... then you will see its not that big.

RENOVATION DAY 31 : MAIN DOOR

I wanted something special for my main door. Thinking of many designs and finally decided on 1 but my contractor says too difficult to do. So finally chosen something simple... but i still like it cos its a bit metallic shiny....

Maindoor.jpg

Tomorrow will have installation of my digital fingerprint lock. then my main door would be PREFECT!!!

It's the power of Deh.

-Ely

RENOVATION DAY 31 : RETILE

I went over yesterday night to check on the carpentry. Obviously i was wearing high heels.... so when i went in to walk around, i can hear some hollow sound from the tiles. So those that use fingers, hands, special tools etc to check for hollowness, the best way is to wear heels and walk round and round.

Why its better?

1) You need to walk around to take photos anyway

2) No need to bend and check one by one so won't hurt your back

3) Won't hurt your fingers or knuckles

4) Definitely faster and more effective

So, while walking around i found 3 tiles that have hollow sound. Today, 2 tilers came redo those tiles plus replace another tile in master toilet, as plumber drill hole wrongly. Also the tiler have to do a box up to over the piping.

For these, i will take picture tomorrow.

Wah...May can conduct courses on A LOT of things le.. tile testing for tile selection lah, Deh-ism and now tile testing for hollowness! May can be the veteran for reno...reno guru! :jawdrop::bow:

Yah, nice door. What kinda door (material) is that?

Wah...May can conduct courses on A LOT of things le.. tile testing for tile selection lah, Deh-ism and now tile testing for hollowness! May can be the veteran for reno...reno guru! :jawdrop::bow:

Yah, nice door. What kinda door (material) is that?

No lah, there are more expert ppl here. i am just doing what i can... hehehehe...

the door is not really very nice just that its more special than normal wooden door. heheheh.... its laminate where you can just choose whatever laminate you like.

No lah, there are more expert ppl here. i am just doing what i can... hehehehe...

the door is not really very nice just that its more special than normal wooden door. heheheh.... its laminate where you can just choose whatever laminate you like.

Is it solid wood with laminate? So does that mean it's veneer door? Me really a super duper green horn in all these reno stuff :dunno::bangwall: Hence trying to read & ask as much as I can to understand and hopefuul can apply to my reno lor... Definitely need help from the guru-formuers e.g. you lor :help:

Is it solid wood with laminate? So does that mean it's veneer door? Me really a super duper green horn in all these reno stuff :dunno::bangwall: Hence trying to read & ask as much as I can to understand and hopefuul can apply to my reno lor... Definitely need help from the guru-formuers e.g. you lor :help:

Veneer are semi solid, and the pattern are quite standard, ie mostly are wood lines. They are mass produced so you only can choose colours and wood pattern.

For laminated door, then you can choose anything from the tons of sample and any designs you want. ie, you can mix and match anything... so i can have red door if i wanted to. Veneer dont' have this choice. So for more choices, you need to pay more loh. hehehehe...

you contacted my contractor, right? then you ask him loh....

Veneer are semi solid, and the pattern are quite standard, ie mostly are wood lines. They are mass produced so you only can choose colours and wood pattern.

For laminated door, then you can choose anything from the tons of sample and any designs you want. ie, you can mix and match anything... so i can have red door if i wanted to. Veneer dont' have this choice. So for more choices, you need to pay more loh. hehehehe...

you contacted my contractor, right? then you ask him loh....

Yah, my hubby met him but he was not free thus referred my hubby to his staff/assistant, who doesn't seem experienced leh :unsure: Will be meeting again this Sat for 2nd apointment cos he doesnt wanna provide quote over email but preferred to discuss face-to-face. Whether or the deal materializes ultimately, thanks for the contacts! ;)

Wah may your house looks Swee - and it's not even completed yet! Everything seems to be going very well - I can't wait to see how your island turns out. You got style (and adventure lol). I really love the way you pay attention to the little things - like the main door and hiding beams etc.

Brilliant! Just take care of yourself. Love the updates but your health comes first yeah?

Yah, my hubby met him but he was not free thus referred my hubby to his staff/assistant, who doesn't seem experienced leh :unsure: Will be meeting again this Sat for 2nd apointment cos he doesnt wanna provide quote over email but preferred to discuss face-to-face. Whether or the deal materializes ultimately, thanks for the contacts! ;)

Ya I know. He told me.... As long as you able to find someone suitable to do your house, that's the most important.

Hope you will gain some new knowledge from him. Hehe...

Wah may your house looks Swee - and it's not even completed yet! Everything seems to be going very well - I can't wait to see how your island turns out. You got style (and adventure lol). I really love the way you pay attention to the little things - like the main door and hiding beams etc.

Brilliant! Just take care of yourself. Love the updates but your health comes first yeah?

Thank you thank you.... I still don't understand why you say I am adventurous. Haha.... That's a question that you never answer.

wah the wardrobe looks MASSIVE!!!! oh my! and i get excited just by seeing the half-completed island.... wheeeee! :sport-smiley-004:

if you feel your wardrobe is small, just go to my t-blog and see mine, definitely make you feel much better :lol:

Thank you thank you.... I still don't understand why you say I am adventurous. Haha.... That's a question that you never answer.

hee hee i think he always like all the walls knocked down one that's why. hahahaha~ :P

wah the wardrobe looks MASSIVE!!!! oh my! and i get excited just by seeing the half-completed island.... wheeeee! :sport-smiley-004:

if you feel your wardrobe is small, just go to my t-blog and see mine, definitely make you feel much better :lol:

hee hee i think he always like all the walls knocked down one that's why. hahahaha~ :P

You want to come and learn baking together?? Hehe... Got space for all kneading and preparation.

Oh, knock walls considered as adventurous?? Haha...