Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

Yup, it's not cheap so I am quite happy I got it for free cos I didn't negotiate on other pricing, just some free stuff.

Some of the quotes, the ID mentioned that all their carpentry uses BLUM soft-closing mechanism...

I wonder if their quotes already included the cost of it...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Some of the quotes, the ID mentioned that all their carpentry uses BLUM soft-closing mechanism...

I wonder if their quotes already included the cost of it...

Most do not incl Blum but incl excel. Mine was not in the quote, I asked for it later on and he said no need to recalculate, he will give me free.

Most do not incl Blum but incl excel. Mine was not in the quote, I asked for it later on and he said no need to recalculate, he will give me free.

wah... so gd...

mine nv give much freebies la...

only free main iron wrought gate lor... and the kitchen glass backsplash... (cos he forgot to add into his quote, after we've discussed).

somehow, i got the feeling the more "freebies" they can afford to give, likely they already make their profit margin to give some "slack"... :(

wah... so gd...

only free main iron wrought gate lor... and the kitchen glass backsplash... (cos he forgot to add into his quote, after we've discussed).

somehow, i got the feeling the more "freebies" they can afford to give, likely they already make their profit margin to give some "slack"... :(

Your main gate and glass backsplash are very ex stuff.... Mine not giving so expensive so still ok.

May & Lazybum, I will save the photos u guys have posted to check with PJ. No promise thou as I will be going to IT fair this weekend to buy TVs, standing fan and washer...

csingeu & may: I feel so shortchanged now. Come to think about it, I only got my vanity top mirror free from Henry. Nothing liao.... U all still got gate, blum & backsplash... Sigh... I think I'm too weak when come to bargaining... Me and hubby soft soft type... Everything also okie wan... Anyway now it's too late to neg further anyway...

Edited by friends78

wah... so gd...

i have to agree :P there is only certain extend they can throw in freebies without hurting their margin. when we do building projects at work, we also roughly have an idea how much things can contractor throw in for free... there is no free lunch in this world...

May & Lazybum, I will save the photos u guys have posted to check with PJ. No promise thou as I will be going to IT fair this weekend to buy TVs, standing fan and washer...

csingeu & may: I feel so shortchanged now. Come to think about it, I only got my vanity top mirror free from Henry. Nothing liao.... U all still got gate, blum & backsplash... Sigh... I think I'm too weak when come to bargaining... Me and hubby soft soft type... Everything also okie wan... Anyway now it's too late to neg further anyway...

dun feel bad, actually i think Henry's quote is quite reasonable. for things that i checked quotations with direct suppliers (like windows, glass sliding doors etc), he is willing to match their prices, if he can't match, he will tell you frankly and ask you to go ahead with direct supplier. but i found that his mark-up is not more than $100 as compared to going direct~ so i feel is quite ok leh...

one thing about him is that his quote is already very realistic, so if you ask for more stuff, he will request you to top up... but frankly, if one has budget constraint, then one must weigh what are the "must have" and "good to have". i would rather pay less and forego the "good to have" in many cases ;)

Thanks in advance for checking the kitchen cabinets basket for me. :)

no need to feel shortchanged lah.... heard so many good things about your contractor, Henry. His quote must be really very reasonable already. Maybe overall i am paying so much more for everything that my contractor can afford to throw in freebies. But 1 thing i know for sure is he charged me too cheaply for the feature wall that he said he quoted wrongly so anything i add from now on, he will not give free

Thanks in advance for checking the kitchen cabinets basket for me. :)

no need to feel shortchanged lah.... heard so many good things about your contractor, Henry. His quote must be really very reasonable already. Maybe overall i am paying so much more for everything that my contractor can afford to throw in freebies. But 1 thing i know for sure is he charged me too cheaply for the feature wall that he said he quoted wrongly so anything i add from now on, he will not give free

hahahaha... it could also be becos yours is a big project, so he can afford give you more freebies ;)

Don't console me lah... I'm a typical cheapskate s'porean... I want free gifts/ door gifts ... aiyah whatever gifts! Kekeke...........

hahahaha... it could also be becos yours is a big project, so he can afford give you more freebies ;)

my project not very big leh.... those reno their EMs or 5room flat are even bigger project.... and i don't choose expensive stuff so nothing really that fanciful. :)

Don't console me lah... I'm a typical cheapskate s'porean... I want free gifts/ door gifts ... aiyah whatever gifts! Kekeke...........

hahahaah..... then you go tell henry loh.

my project not very big leh.... those reno their EMs or 5room flat are even bigger project.... and i don't choose expensive stuff so nothing really that fanciful. :)

but in terms of work scope... definitely more than some 5-rm or EM~ cos you have a lot of customized items :lol:

but in terms of work scope... definitely more than some 5-rm or EM~ cos you have a lot of customized items :lol:

hhhmm... i don't think so leh.... only kitchen, shoe cabinet, wardrobe and feature wall. nothing else already mah.

Went to Citilights to purchase all the lights we wld need... Downlights - Normal and LED, Bedrooms, Kitchen, bathroom, service balcony...and of cse my Dining lights... Shall not disclose the dining light we have selected... Keep guessing... ;)

Went to Citilights to purchase all the lights we wld need... Downlights - Normal and LED, Bedrooms, Kitchen, bathroom, service balcony...and of cse my Dining lights... Shall not disclose the dining light we have selected... Keep guessing... ;)

come on lah.... say leh.... see my choice is what you choosen or not. hahahaha....

aiya, actually nothing is really free one lah. I always think that when contractor says free, the cost for the item is actually distributed somewhere else ? unless those package type - I still fail to see how a full reno of, say, a 4room new flat can be done at 20k? and that includes all wet works, carpentry, electical, plumbing etc? really scratch head