Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lazybum9

Our 1st Home...

Anyone has advice to this???

as this is our 1st house...would like to ask bros & sisters here what to check for after collecting keys???

i'm thinking of checking below items,

1) tiles (necessary to knock all tiles??? with hammer??? i fear too destructive leh...)

2) walls

3) windows

4) wardrobes & cabinets

5) aircon

6) doors

7) sanitary wares & fittings

Pls advise if there's any things we should look out for and check too...thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i like the pig organ soup at the coffeeshop next to lavender foodsq...wanton mee at the foodsq oso not bad just that quantity small and q super duper long la...

Yup, I like that wanton mee too. 30mins wait at least.

hi lazy, there the zi char at block 34 .. it nice as well..

a couple of places that is near our place that is nice

Blk 34? The super long queue one??

as this is our 1st house...would like to ask bros & sisters here what to check for after collecting keys???

1) tiles (necessary to knock all tiles??? with hammer??? i fear too destructive leh...) - Not sure of proper tools but def not a hammer.. chip off tiles, cracklines, grouting not done properly.

2) walls - Look for cracklines.

3) windows - Any scratches on the windows. Able to fully close without any gaps.

4) wardrobes & cabinets - any gaps when casement doors are fully closed. Doors are properly aligned and not slanted. physical defects.

5) aircon - Turn all units on for 15-30mins when electricity is ava.. See if it is cold or not.

6) doors - able to close properly, any physical defects.

7) sanitary wares & fittings - physical defects

Most importantly are the physical defects..

Pls advise if there's any things we should look out for and check too...thanks...

Anyone has advice to this???

Congrats, Boon Keng's a great place :)

As for the wall tiles... try using tapping the tiles with the short wooden pole from a broomstick

The sound is very obvious if the tile isn't properly cemented on the wall.

For tiles on the floor, just stepping with your feet will be sufficient I guess...

All the best for your reno :D

1) tiles (necessary to knock all tiles??? with hammer??? i fear too destructive leh...)

2) walls

3) windows

4) wardrobes & cabinets

5) aircon

6) doors

7) sanitary wares & fittings

check for hollow tiles, every single pc of them. toilet leveling also quite impt. My toilet was terrible, after wetting the toilet floor, water ponds at one area. Common n master toilet got the same problem. Since yrs is DBSS, the quality should be better then HDB BTO? My BTO **** jialat, quality really F up. Wonder how they pass the inspection before handling over. REported a A4 paper full page of defects. :curse: :curse:

Congratz...I used to stay at McNair from 2004-2009, currently still hanging around this area, a tad bit further though. Witness the construction of CV from ground zero till present. Definitely a good buy though i noe price is abit on the high side. And I have 2 frens who have bot the units there as well. Enjoy =)

Congrats, Boon Keng's a great place :)

As for the wall tiles... try using tapping the tiles with the short wooden pole from a broomstick

The sound is very obvious if the tile isn't properly cemented on the wall.

For tiles on the floor, just stepping with your feet will be sufficient I guess...

All the best for your reno :D

Thanks porkypig, istel & insane for your advice...the wooden pole is a good tool...thanks...

check for hollow tiles, every single pc of them. toilet leveling also quite impt. My toilet was terrible, after wetting the toilet floor, water ponds at one area. Common n master toilet got the same problem. Since yrs is DBSS, the quality should be better then HDB BTO? My BTO **** jialat, quality really F up. Wonder how they pass the inspection before handling over. REported a A4 paper full page of defects. :curse: :curse:

i thought of that when i was bathing at my current hse as i see water draining away, reminded myself to check for new hse but kinda forgot about it...now that u mentioned it i better jot all the checking points down...thanks man...

Congratz...I used to stay at McNair from 2004-2009, currently still hanging around this area, a tad bit further though. Witness the construction of CV from ground zero till present. Definitely a good buy though i noe price is abit on the high side. And I have 2 frens who have bot the units there as well. Enjoy =)

ya price on the high side so i can only afford 3rm...a good cosy place with my lover... :D

Congrats!!!i see the construction building going up too!haha....

From my bedroom window,this 3 block is too prominent to be missed! :P

It seems it has reach the roof many months back,but was wondering how come no lights from the unit?

Guess they are doing the interior untill i saw your blog that u going to collect your key. :yeah:

Congrats!!!

Attached is the picture of your dream home compliments from my unit! :rofl:

cityville.jpg

thanks rondy!!!nice view u got there... :P

ya price on the high side so i can only afford 3rm...a good cosy place with my lover... :D

Interestingly, i din noe theres 3rm at CV cos for my 2 frens, 1 got himself a 4rm and the other is a 5rm. Mind sharing how much u paid for ur 3rm and at wich level? Tks

Interestingly, i din noe theres 3rm at CV cos for my 2 frens, 1 got himself a 4rm and the other is a 5rm. Mind sharing how much u paid for ur 3rm and at wich level? Tks

4floor @ 367K...i'm staying near u, always jog along the river...ur key package is chio man...i love ur pretty clocks... :good:

oh hey, I didn't realise you had a tblog until now.

you really have a lot of bay windows... I think the one in the MBR you can use it to extend the wardrobe.

Anyway happy hunting for contractors, and good luck!

4floor @ 367K...i'm staying near u, always jog along the river...ur key package is chio man...i love ur pretty clocks... :good:

Cool.... considering a 30+ yrs old 3rm at Bendemeer market area is asking for abt 3xxK....(low floor as well) tat is really a good buy bro.... no doubt abt it ;)

Near me ?? cool, wher exactly? now tat longkang is my regular joggin track oso....will always use the park connector across the bridge and jog to Shear bridge area and back :D

The welcome kit is indeed unexpectedly pleasant :D and my wall clock, really value for $$$ imo :D

Edited by het