Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reglxt

Question About Pixiu

Qns

1. whats the diff between sitting and standing pixiu?

2. where should i be placing the pixiu?

3. some engraved with tail and some without..whats the diff also?

4. should i get a pair or one will do?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by reglxt

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1. sitting=resting=off duty, standing=on duty.

2. Pixiu has 2 kinds: PiYa (2 horns)meant for wards off evil. Tian Lu(one horn)meant "sucking" wealth. Piya at "evil" place, Tian Lu usually placed facing outside main door(don't get stolen).

3. Pixiu has no anus, only "in", no "out". No anus where got tail? Don't know will it suffer from constipation problem or no?

4. Your money suck by it and go into seller's pocket first. The more you buy the more it sucks into seller's pocket.

Qns

1. whats the diff between sitting and standing pixiu?

2. where should i be placing the pixiu?

3. some engraved with tail and some without..whats the diff also?

4. should i get a pair or one will do?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by bepgof

the female pi xiu aka Bi Xie are use for graves

the male version aka Tian Lu are use for protection and luck

you dun buy them la, you "invite" them to be your guardian. hehe, ya, will cost you some $$ since they are made of jadeite, but unless u chose the much bigger ones, dun think it's 688. suggest you ppl visit the shop, let the uncle tell you ppl more. to believe or not, it's up to you :D

cheers

the female pi xiu aka Bi Xie are use for graves

the male version aka Tian Lu are use for protection and luck

you dun buy them la, you "invite" them to be your guardian. hehe, ya, will cost you some $$ since they are made of jadeite, but unless u chose the much bigger ones, dun think it's 688. suggest you ppl visit the shop, let the uncle tell you ppl more. to believe or not, it's up to you :D

cheers

Hi Photog,

Any good news after you have invited the Tian Lu home? I visited that shop last year and Roger spent some time explaining to me too... the Tian Lu are expensive!!

seriously i cant tell the diff between tian lu and pi xiu.. cos the engraving is very hard to tell.. both looks the same to me :P

"According to ancient history, Pi Xiu (貔貅) is the Ninth Son of the Dragon and it is an auspicious and powerful celestial creature that brings good fortune. Initially, it was said that the Make is known as Pi (貔) while the Female is known as(貅). However, as generations passed down, there is no longer a difference of sex; instead, it was placed as a single Feng Shui display item. This celestial being is a very fierce and powerful creature known to travel through the Heaven and Earth, ward off evil and protect the properties. It looks more or less like a Qilin (麒麟) but it is much fatter, has a single long and thick horn, a lion dog like face, hoofs of a horse and little wings on both sides of its body plus a big strong tail."

extracted from http://www.tianlufengshui.com/Pi-Xiu/why-p...troduction.html

is the above true?

sorry i abit cheapskate..at most will pay around 200 for a pair.. i think if i walk in any FS shop like boons art.. guess they will just push me any pixiu

so how to tell if its male or female

Edited by reglxt

seriously i cant tell the diff between tian lu and pi xiu.. cos the engraving is very hard to tell.. both looks the same to me :P

sorry i abit cheapskate..at most will pay around 200 for a pair.. i think if i walk in any FS shop like boons art.. guess they will just push me any pixiu

Tian Lu has one horn and Pi Xiu has two horns.

If I am not wrong, the smallest Tian Lu (about 6 to 8 cm) at TPY is about one hundred plus.

Hi bepgof,

I also agree with muffin on point #4 :D

But the best option from my perspective is that if you do not know much about how to utilise such fengshui figurines, then it might be good to do without it.

Not sure what will be implications later on.

My dad has pixiu facing his main entrance too. But I recalled they have 4 horns or maybe it's 2 horns with some decorative details. Duno lah...

I have a question here…from bepgof post, Pixiu has 2 kinds: PiYa (2 horns) is meant for wards off evil. Tian Lu (1 horn) is meant for wealth and luck. So, can we buy one piya and one tian lu to place it at the living room facing the main door entrance?

few years ago, i went into a FS shop and saw a pair of pixiu i like. it cost 288 for a pair. i said to it, if i strike 4d, i'll come and bring u home. true enough, the following draw, i won $500. so i kept my promise and went down to the shop and bring them home. :D

"According to ancient history, Pi Xiu (貔貅) is the Ninth Son of the Dragon and it is an auspicious and powerful celestial creature that brings good fortune. Initially, it was said that the Make is known as Pi (貔) while the Female is known as(貅). However, as generations passed down, there is no longer a difference of sex; instead, it was placed as a single Feng Shui display item. This celestial being is a very fierce and powerful creature known to travel through the Heaven and Earth, ward off evil and protect the properties. It looks more or less like a Qilin (麒麟) but it is much fatter, has a single long and thick horn, a lion dog like face, hoofs of a horse and little wings on both sides of its body plus a big strong tail."

is the above true?

If u want semi/precious stone material, i doubt $200 can le... my body amulet kind already $188 :P

I got a bigger one for my car at $388.

As for the "Wealth" factor, I did kena a few 4D last year after I invited my TianLu.... however, recently it has been rather quiet le.. maybe I should bring him back for cleansing :P

hahaa :P

History reveals that these "animals" are meant to be kept outdoor. And these were/are always fierce-looking and "big size". Don't know why now all become so cute and "miniature", look very much similar to japanese's "pikachu".

2009 Nov in Taiwan at 国宾馆(where foreign countries' chief stay),saw 2 pixiu sitted at 2 tip of the roof top, facing a building far away, top with a long antenna.

Same year, different month on tour with family & SIL, "accidentally"(not in original schedule, last minute changes)went into a Taiwanese FS shop, selling all sorts of pixiu (big & small, colors, materials...)Again, akin of "seller said his flowers' the best. Asked for our chinese name & DOB. I gave the fake name & DOB and kena recommended a brown-color "earth"-pixiu, as the fake name & DOB need "earth". Of course I never buy any, but sil bought 2 oranged-color transluscent-stone miniature pixiu (~SGD1,200), one herself & one for her daughter for hanging around the neck. Now I never see her wearing anymore(divorce in progress). Niece's color faded liao, this yr taking psle.

Remembered seeing 2 big stoned-pixiu at kallang ice-skating rink(same floor, outside glass panel)

I have a question here…from bepgof post, Pixiu has 2 kinds: PiYa (2 horns) is meant for wards off evil. Tian Lu (1 horn) is meant for wealth and luck. So, can we buy one piya and one tian lu to place it at the living room facing the main door entrance?
Edited by bepgof