Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaskel

A 9mths Reno Journey

hihi jaskel well understood hehehe usually its just black and 1 type of woodgrain for each pc of furniture..just that the black may be glossy or lined black and the woodgrain i use across varieties from with 1 catalogue..but now you got me thinking abt the woodgrains..should i stick with 1 series of woodgrains but diff tones to get a more uniform look (in terms of the lines/grains outcome) or will that just make it look too boring.... :unsure::unsure: from what i see you've done a mix and match and da*n..its well done!! the overall effect is :good::good::good:

If items are at same location eg. master bedroom, try using the same woodgrain if not too many pattern will make it more confusing. U can use different woodgrain at different area, so each location have their own specialties.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If items are at same location eg. master bedroom, try using the same woodgrain if not too many pattern will make it more confusing. U can use different woodgrain at different area, so each location have their own specialties.

:yamseng: yay!! :sport-smiley-004: thanks! ! ! ! i needed this kinda assurance and confirmation from someone i can trust and yes you've made my day to CHIONG my endless list of to do stuffs tml !! :good::good::good:

duno why sub-consciously..i was like hahaha my next house i wont have to do all these..jaskel will settle for me....... hahahah....*also at the same time trying very hard nt to dui dui my chest :bangwall: why never let u do this time*.....i even saw the HIS AND HERS keyholder you give titanax!!! hahaha I LOVE THAT TO BITS and i was searching high and low for it...previously when i saw it from one of the online shop (but sold out status) This is the first item i bought for my house 5 months ago!..only proves to show you definitely will know what i want! YOU'RE THE MAN JAS!!! :good:

Edited by sng28

:yamseng: yay!! :sport-smiley-004: thanks! ! ! ! i needed this kinda assurance and confirmation from someone i can trust and yes you've made my day to CHIONG my endless list of to do stuffs tml !! :good::good::good:

duno why sub-consciously..i was like hahaha my next house i wont have to do all these..jaskel will settle for me....... hahahah....*also at the same time trying very hard nt to dui dui my chest :bangwall: why never let u do this time*.....i even saw the HIS AND HERS keyholder you give titanax!!! hahaha I LOVE THAT TO BITS and i was searching high and low for it...previously when i saw it from one of the online shop (but sold out status) This is the first item i bought for my house 5 months ago!..only proves to show you definitely will know what i want! YOU'RE THE MAN JAS!!! :good:

All the best to your reno. Don't worry, be happy and most importantly, don't over stress yourself. Don't need to dui dui your chest as I've told u that if u click with your ID, let him/her do will be fine. :yamseng:

I search for that also high and low...all only have HERS no HIS :bangwall:

If you will to go to titanax t-blog (a good example of using lighter wood), U will see that most of the wood laminate are using a softer and lighter colour, using a darker colour wood laminate as the carcase is to contrast and bring out the whole feature. U need to let your hubby understand that there need a contrast of colours to bring out the whole design. For eg, for a all white hse, they use dark furniture to contrast the whole theme and design. :yamseng:

Thanks jackel for your professional view! I just read up titanax tblog...seems like resort style more to bali type. I will share with my hubby tonite. Cheers:) emobebe

All the best to your reno. Don't worry, be happy and most importantly, don't over stress yourself. Don't need to dui dui your chest as I've told u that if u click with your ID, let him/her do will be fine. :yamseng:

I search for that also high and low...all only have HERS no HIS :bangwall:

hahaha okie lah so far i wont say complain too much yet as i'm more result oriented..so i'll see...hehehe by the way can i ask u a quick question. Flush mount sink seems to be a 2 birds 1 stone concept but its not popular as i tried to google info for it ..why is that so? I tried talkin to my ID he seems abit reluctant about it as the last time he did it he say its hard to make the sides stick unless the sink is very well moulded. Its like after sticking and putting heavy materials for 1 day or so..shortly after the sides then to level up making the entire surfance unlevelled..did you experience the same? i was a bit dampen when i tot i found the best solution for beauty of undermount and convenient of top mount.......

hahaha okie lah so far i wont say complain too much yet as i'm more result oriented..so i'll see...hehehe by the way can i ask u a quick question. Flush mount sink seems to be a 2 birds 1 stone concept but its not popular as i tried to google info for it ..why is that so? I tried talkin to my ID he seems abit reluctant about it as the last time he did it he say its hard to make the sides stick unless the sink is very well moulded. Its like after sticking and putting heavy materials for 1 day or so..shortly after the sides then to level up making the entire surfance unlevelled..did you experience the same? i was a bit dampen when i tot i found the best solution for beauty of undermount and convenient of top mount.......

Flush mount sink may not seem to be a 2 birds 1 stone concept but need to admit that its do look nice if the sink is nicely made. The thickness of the stainless steel is appro. 0.8mm, so to cut/sand this depth exactly on the kitchen top required alot of skills and don't think our 'FT' able to do it (still need to cut/sand it level, make it even harder). The levelness of the sides of the stainless steel sink is another issues. If one area is not level, u cant possible hammer it back. So what your ID can do is to stick it and put heavy material on top of it but if over the times(which can be very fast)if that area come out again, water will slip in too and this is highly possible because we use the sink every now and then (contraction, expansion, weight of things we left in the sink, vibration, etc....)The list can goes on but it early in the morning now.....need to take a rest...if I'm your ID, I'll said the same thing too, just more cons then pros only.

Flush mount sink may not seem to be a 2 birds 1 stone concept but need to admit that its do look nice if the sink is nicely made. The thickness of the stainless steel is appro. 0.8mm, so to cut/sand this depth exactly on the kitchen top required alot of skills and don't think our 'FT' able to do it (still need to cut/sand it level, make it even harder). The levelness of the sides of the stainless steel sink is another issues. If one area is not level, u cant possible hammer it back. So what your ID can do is to stick it and put heavy material on top of it but if over the times(which can be very fast)if that area come out again, water will slip in too and this is highly possible because we use the sink every now and then (contraction, expansion, weight of things we left in the sink, vibration, etc....)The list can goes on but it early in the morning now.....need to take a rest...if I'm your ID, I'll said the same thing too, just more cons then pros only.

thanks for your advice jaskel~ :yamseng: I've bought the top mount granite sink instead :):dancingqueen:

Hee paiseh think its better to ask you here

As the cut-out sink is est. to be ard L3.5ft by W400mm, this size to made it into vanity top will be quite difficult as the backsplash is ard 60mm, the front profile is ard 40mm, that left with the surface width ard 300mm. Don't think your basin is so small right?

okie wah very cheem i only understand that portion of "L3.5ft by W400mm" the rest of the profile and backsplash i'm like :o:o ...but i think you are trying to refer to the addition pc of slab on the wall perpendicular to the vanity top and also the front edges of the vanity..i didnt think of that :bangwall::bangwall: wahwha so malu =x

btw are we allowed to choose the profiles for the edges as i realised that there's so many types of profiles man :jawdrop:

CountertopProfiles.jpg

Edited by sng28

Hee paiseh think its better to ask you here

okie wah very cheem i only understand that portion of "L3.5ft by W400mm" the rest of the profile and backsplash i'm like :o:o ...but i think you are trying to refer to the addition pc of slab on the wall perpendicular to the vanity top and also the front edges of the vanity..i didnt think of that :bangwall::bangwall: wahwha so malu =x

btw are we allowed to choose the profiles for the edges as i realised that there's so many types of profiles man :jawdrop:

CountertopProfiles.jpg

Yes u r allowed to chose the front profile, there is no standard practice for the front profile.

yo bro, long time no chat :)

i think i left a message the other day when RT was doing upgrade but missing now.

anyway i was saying i love ur office room! when invite us again? since we r so near hehe...

n hor, im very free, anyway work for me to do not? :notti:

yo bro, long time no chat :)

i think i left a message the other day when RT was doing upgrade but missing now.

anyway i was saying i love ur office room! when invite us again? since we r so near hehe...

n hor, im very free, anyway work for me to do not? :notti:

Hi Sis, me still in the mid of reno....not yet completed, once completed will invite u n your hubby. I looking for ID to work with me, u interested?

Hi Sis, me still in the mid of reno....not yet completed, once completed will invite u n your hubby. I looking for ID to work with me, u interested?

of cos im interested! lets meet up n talk soon? :D