Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paladin

Getting Keys - Dos And Donts

Hi all,

I am a new member here and i apologise if this topic has been asked before.

I will be getting my keys on 1st April 2011. And i intend to visit my new house on that very day after i got the keys.

Can anyone share with me on what i have to do before entering the new house?

I've read and heard that:

1) Its inauspicious to go into the house empty handed

2) You'll have to find an auspicious time to first time open the door

3) A few FSM told me that its ok just to go in and take measurements, they are more concerned of the Dong Tu & Move-In time.

Can anyone share with me on the guided procedures to do before you enter the house?

Thanks alot!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I am a new member here and i apologise if this topic has been asked before.

I will be getting my keys on 1st April 2011. And i intend to visit my new house on that very day after i got the keys.

Can anyone share with me on what i have to do before entering the new house?

I've read and heard that:

1) Its inauspicious to go into the house empty handed

2) You'll have to find an auspicious time to first time open the door

3) A few FSM told me that its ok just to go in and take measurements, they are more concerned of the Dong Tu & Move-In time.

Can anyone share with me on the guided procedures to do before you enter the house?

Thanks alot!

Hi paladin,

I never heard of inauspicious to go into the house empty handed. However, my mother remind me to choose an auspicious dates and times for renovation and move in.

That's all I know. The rest I leave it to other members to comment.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hi paladin,

I never heard of inauspicious to go into the house empty handed. However, my mother remind me to choose an auspicious dates and times for renovation and move in.

That's all I know. The rest I leave it to other members to comment.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hi Emobebe,

Thank you very much for your reply!

The "inauspicious empty handed" thing was read from http://services.spservices.sg/cs_lifestyle...es_fengshui.htm

And i do believe the rolling of pineapple as it symbolises Wang Lai... I've read it here... http://www.geomancy.net/consultation/consu...gettingkeys.pdf

Because everyone got their own methods of opening the new house. Some even advise to burn joss paper or joss sticks. Thus, i don't know who should i really follow. =)

my fsm did the door opening for me as he came to audit my house on that day.

just use 4 oranges, 1 pineapple and a packet of candies. open door, roll 4 oranges into 4 corner of living room. roll in pineapple. then go in. before leaving, scatter candies in all rooms of the house. come back 3 days later to remove the items.

oh, shout "huat ah" when rolling in oranges and pineapple

Hi wolflet & edenstrauss,

Thank you for your sharing and advice!

I've managed to engage Master Chang and is asking him for the proper procedures to do it.

=)

Should engage professionals like Dr Susan Lim. :P , then you will know the outcome.

yup better to safe than be sorry. Ask the professional is the wise move.

Keep the fruits in Bowling bags, wear bowling shoes, bowling glove, count 1,2,3, and ROLL!. Left with orange, right with pineapple, shout "huat ah" aloud. :D

oh, shout "huat ah" when rolling in oranges and pineapple
Edited by bepgof

Keep the fruits in Bowling bags, wear bowling shoes, bowling glove, count 1,2,3, and ROLL!. Left with orange, right with pineapple, shout "huat ah" aloud. :D

Instant mixed fruit juice in the bowling bags? Haha

Hi wolflet & edenstrauss,

Thank you for your sharing and advice!

I've managed to engage Master Chang and is asking him for the proper procedures to do it.

=)

Hi paladin,

I'm thinking of engaging master chang too. Please advise me on the price, service and review if any.

Does he ask his customers to do major changes like, hacking walls, change opening of toilets, bedrooms, location of basin and stove and tilt main door?

Should engage professionals like Dr Susan Lim. :P , then you will know the outcome.

Eh... I thought that woman is a medical doctor, not geomencer right?

I think don't need to do all these procedures. There are many people, chinese or not, who jux get their keys & select a good day to start off with their renovation.

The rule of thumb is that never do the reno during the Qing Ming period & 7th month on the lunar calendar.

If u know how to read the chinese almanac, u could select your own dates too. The geomencers would combine both the fengshui of the flat & the chinese almanac - I was told by my sister & friends that every single house will have their auspicious dates/ months/ periods to do certain things...

Hi paladin,

I'm thinking of engaging master chang too. Please advise me on the price, service and review if any.

Does he ask his customers to do major changes like, hacking walls, change opening of toilets, bedrooms, location of basin and stove and tilt main door?

Hi beancurd33,

I've yet meet him. I can only tell u after next week. I will keep you posted. If u want, I can Pm you his quote, packages and advices?

Hi beancurd33,

I've yet meet him. I can only tell u after next week. I will keep you posted. If u want, I can Pm you his quote, packages and advices?

PM me his quote as well ok ? :)