Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Went shopping today and bought bed skirts for my new place. But dunno if will use them eventually...

I was quite surprised how hard it is to find bed skirts when I started looking for them. So when I came across the last each of the King Koil ones in white (one queen and one king sized), decided to get them.

Just to share the brands I know that carry bed skirts in Singapore:

• Cozy
  • King Koil
  • Sheridan

I actually like the Sheridan ones the best, but they cost like 4x what the other brands cost. :jawdrop:

So compromise lar, get cheaper ones. The idea is to hide the bed bases in case they are really ugly... but yeah, haven't gotten the bed bases yet. Being kiasu again. :bleah:

-----

Have a question for those who engaged IDs. Did you ask them what color bedsheets will look nicer/more matching with the bedroom furniture? I was looking at the bewildering array of bed linen today and wonder if they'll think I'm a total airhead if I ask them that amidst all the serious discussions on lighting points and 'flush' designs... :P

Edited by adidaem

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You went Robinsons sales? I was there too and thinking of getting bed skirt too.

Hi May, did not manage to go Robinsons today. Think will go tmr. Any good buys you'll recommend? :D

I went to Taka a few days ago - Cozy bed skirts out of stock and Sheridan is available. Found the white pleated bed skirts in Tangs (King Koil), but after I swiped them only left off-white, light brown n maroon I think. :P

Oh 2CG no stock? I bought 2CG instead of 3CG to 'save' some money. Ordered a few weeks ago in case the Japan nuclear problem affects stocks. Kiasu huh? :bleah:

Ya Sis, 2CG, island wide no stock... need to wait up to 2 months, so we bought 3CG as we cannot wait 2 months :( .... we also wanted 2CG to save some cost and 2CG is our preferred choice as the hob looks neater and more clean cut.... seems that their nuclear problem really affect some stocks... u very clever buy first :D ....

Ya Sis, 2CG, island wide no stock... need to wait up to 2 months, so we bought 3CG as we cannot wait 2 months :( .... we also wanted 2CG to save some cost and 2CG is our preferred choice as the hob looks neater and more clean cut.... seems that their nuclear problem really affect some stocks... u very clever buy first :D ....

Yes... i heard from Kong Tai... that 2CG no stock islandwide... and production is hampered by the Japan nuclear crisis... but luckily, mine's the LPG model... still got stock... just got it delivered over on Wed... :P

Hi May, did not manage to go Robinsons today. Think will go tmr. Any good buys you'll recommend? :D

I went to Taka a few days ago - Cozy bed skirts out of stock and Sheridan is available. Found the white pleated bed skirts in Tangs (King Koil), but after I swiped them only left off-white, light brown n maroon I think. :P

Today is Robinsons members sales! That's why I went to buy a new set of bedsheet for house warming.

Cozy are so ex! Didn't look at Sheridan though. Maybe I will go tangs have a look then. Light brown should be ok for me. Hehe....

Yes... i heard from Kong Tai... that 2CG no stock islandwide... and production is hampered by the Japan nuclear crisis... but luckily, mine's the LPG model... still got stock... just got it delivered over on Wed... :P

Hey Bro, long time no see :sport-smiley-004: How's your reno going on ? Ah yes, 2CG LPG got stock....

Wahhhh... am lucky then, but actually I dun need them till August. I really wanted the MIJ (made in Japan) models so I bought my hob n hood after considering the nuclear crisis. Also good cos can give my IDs the dimensions for them to factor into the design (think they really don't like the hood). :P

Today is Robinsons members sales! That's why I went to buy a new set of bedsheet for house warming.

Cozy are so ex! Didn't look at Sheridan though. Maybe I will go tangs have a look then. Light brown should be ok for me. Hehe....

Ahhhh... missed the sales! Sad. :o

Didn't get anything at the Robinsons sale for my new place, but did lots of drooling over at the household department... :dribble:

Anyway, was inspired enough that I decided to dig up all the Brabantia stuff that I would like to get for my new place. First, a really important question:

- Anyone knows where to get the Brabantia Wall Fix? I really really like it!

Brabantia Wall Fix Cool huh? It folds back into a neat little holder!

brabantia-wall-fix.jpg

Brabantia Retro Pedal Bin For my bathroom

brabantia-retro-pedal-bin-5l.jpg

Brabantia Pedal Bin White For the kitchen, cos Ive a white kitchen but I havent seen a white one in Singapore before, so I may go with a stainless steel one after all.

brabantia-12-litre-pedal-bin-white.jpg

Brabantia Bread Bins - In white or stainless steel. Again, havent seen white ones in Singapore stores so perhaps stainless steel. On 2nd thought, perhaps stainless steel goes better with my fire-engine red Nespresso Citiz.

brabantia-roll-top-bread-bin-off-white.jpg

brabantia-roll-top-medium-brilliant-steel-bread-bin.jpg

More pics in my wordpress blog feature on Brabantia

Edited by adidaem

I saw all Brabantia at Howard storage but still prefer simple human. Why don't you try that?

Simple Human is another brand I've been looking at, but cos I was admiring the bread bins at Robinsons (discounted)... so start with drooling about Brabantia. Plus I really like the Brabantia Wall Fix and I'm hoping someone has seen it in Singapore before. :help:

Brabantia bins seem to have a wider range of sizes than Simple Human? I haven't checked out Simple Human in depth yet. Honestly still looking, haven't made up my mind. Some of the Blomus stuff online also looks good. Maybe take the lazy way out and ask my IDs which ones look better. :P

What do the rest of you think?

Simple Human vs Brabantia small bins (for bathroom):

simple-human-mini-retro-round-step-can.jpg

vs

brabantia-retro-pedal-bin-5l.jpg

thats a good choice and location... must have cost quite a lot..

we have seen a unit there before but it is right in front of the mscp!!

anyway, our new place is kinda near yours too!

Edited by west

we just bought a set of bedsheet from robinson sale , light brown in color biggrin.gif

Sis Adidaem, are u interested in buying replica Foscarini Caboche ? :sport-smiley-004: or rather Foscarini Caboche lookalike .... .... I managed to find a shop here that sell.... but they don't wannt give me good discount :( price less than $700 though... can get cheaper in ebay, but I rather buy locally as it's a fragile item.... at least got ownership if anything goes wrong...

Edited by Kobelala